What's new

Question - War God Why is War God so good?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
All options can be armored/backdashed when cancelled into, except overhead sword. If he goes for anything except then he is taking a risk. So if you can punish overhead sword then you can completely kill his mixup. But Kotal is great at punishing counterpokes so you have to be patient.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Kotal confirmed top 5.

Also learned today predator isn't top 10. Oh, tym.
To be fair nobody including yourself gave any reason for or against Predator being top 10, and thats the real issue with TYM.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
All options can be armored/backdashed when cancelled into, except overhead sword. If he goes for anything except then he is taking a risk. So if you can punish overhead sword then you can completely kill his mixup. But Kotal is great at punishing counterpokes so you have to be patient.
Do you not have to make reads on when he'll special cancel and high/low?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
This is why the communities opinion on buffs and nerfs need to be dismissed. Lol, we even have this dude saying Kotal Kahn seems like its "too much". Every character has some shit. The more you play the matchup and learn things about the character, the easier it will get to cope with things. He has no infinites, so figure it out man.

You need to read through threads to learn, not make a thread to imply he is OP. This is why you fail.
He didn't say anything about nerfs or buffs. Just seems like he needs help in the mu

This is why the communities opinion on buffs and nerfs need to be dismissed. Lol, we even have this dude saying Kotal Kahn seems like its "too much". Every character has some shit. The more you play the matchup and learn things about the character, the easier it will get to cope with things. He has no infinites, so figure it out man.

You need to read through threads to learn, not make a thread to imply he is OP. This is why you fail.
He did ask to nerf him though

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Do you not have to make reads on when he'll special cancel and high/low?
What jharris said but the juicy part is that if you attempt to armor and he goes overhead, you still get your block, similar to punishing Erron's multi hit into command grab. So to answer your question it's not really making a read, and he has to cancel most the time anyway.

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
He didn't say anything about nerfs or buffs. Just seems like he needs help in the mu
He was implying Kotal was OP, which is what I based it off of. I am just saying, this defeated mindset people have with characters in this game is getting old. There are lots of videos and threads with information that will help with the MU. This is just a complaining thread asking how others feel....if this dude wanted MU advice, he would have said who he plays and would've asked for help instead of personal opinions on War God.

I wonder if the original poster ever considered that his friend is just a better MK player...because that is certainly the case. But in this "community", the player be damned, its always the character that is the reason people win or lose.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Im just salty at how easy kotal is to play cause hes good vs jc
Continue practicing jc until he becomes as easy to you as kotal is to everyone else. That or pick up a further brain dead op character, like shinnok.

xZoro

War God.
A good kotal will make life so hard for characters like johnny who love to play their game.
Just force him into bad situatuons where he has to hold something, or corner him and he should crumble eventually

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
A good kotal will make life so hard for characters like johnny who love to play their game.
Just force him into bad situatuons where he has to hold something, or corner him and he should crumble eventually
Uh huh :p you make that sound easy

@Mikemetroid isnt Kotals OH -14 I could punish consistently

Or did I do what I usually do and misread your post as you might be talking about a different move

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
When youre first playing someone war god is the best.
When theyre used to you and tired of your shit, I agree that its the worst.
thing is, war god is gimmicky.

the other 2 are much more solid, and blood god for instace controls the pace of the game. Sungod has almost free 20% tick grabs