What's new

Question What were you right and wrong about?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
MKX has been out for over a year, so if you can wind the clock back to early 2015 and think about how you thought the game would play, were you right about the launch version of the game? And were your initial thoughts before playing the game realized by a later patch?
I was wrong:
1. I thought Erron Black and Kung Jin would be dedicated zoners.

2. I thought Takeda would be top tier(launch version remember)

3. I thought Summoner Quan would be garbage: my thoughts were "why would you dick around with some bat when you could be playing Raiden or some shit?"

4. I thought Sub-Zero would be garbage.

5. I thought Commando Kano would be fucked up: "a grappler with a fast projectile and good mobility, screw off NRS"

6. I thought Ninjutsu Scorpion would be trash.

I was right:
1. I knew D'Vorah would be top tier.

2. I knew Johnny didn't suck.

So were you as off as me or did you have better insights?

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I was right about Raiden being top tier until he got nerfed to the ground. I was wrong about never picking up Scorpion and now I proudly main him up to this day and age. I was wrong about Jason being overpowered and he was one of the worst characters until the XL patch. I was wrong about the Predator being rushdown. I was right about Kotal being pretty strong. I thought Kitana would be strong which proved me wrong as zoning sucks in this game but she did get buff to mid tier eventually

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I guessed many things correctly.
1. That Liu Kang would have a variation named "Dragon's Fire"
2. That Shinnok would have a X-Ray where he'd squeeze the opponent's chest with a giant skeleton hand to crush their ribs
3. Quan Chi being one of the earliest revealed characters
4. Tremor having a lava-based variation (more or less)
5. Bo' Rai Cho being in the Kombat Pack 2
6. Sonya and Johnny Cage being fully playable with vastly different movesets from Cassie's
7. Erron Black having a variation where he'd gain an additional firearm to his pistols
8. EB having some sort of low-hitting rolling projectile (although I did think it was gonna be some sort of explosive, like a stick of dynamite, instead of bottled sand)
9. That there would be an official MK comic book made by DC
There's others, I just can't remember them.
In terms of game balance I barely guessed anything right though.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Less 50/50 (because Batgirl) - didn't happen.
Powerful zoning (because run button) - didn't happen.
The game to be fun overall - happened. And this is the most important.

Last edited:

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Not wasting my time on OP characters knowing they would eventually get nerfed.

Edit: Now my character is considered OP even though he's been virtually untouched in patches. Shaolin Nation!

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I always thought Summoner Quan was too set up based to be a good character and would be horrible but looked dope as hell
I thought Kung Jin was cancer (still)
I though Kang was also cancer (its ironic because I now main him)
I was wrong that Cryomancer sub was way better than GM (again set up based more or less plus that buff into special cancel just came out and as a noob, who else better to play)
I thought Takeda sucked cause his xray was a mid air LOL
I thought after the nerfs to Scorpion, hed never be allowed to live
For the longest time, I thought Stunt Double Cage was stupid because of his yellow shades
I thought LF would be horrible and slow but now hes one of my characters
I also though Xarakamaka would beat ESL season 2
I thiugh D'Vorah was trash
Basically everyone good now- I though was trash
Basically everyone nerfed- I thought were overpowered.
How the times have changed