What's new

Breakthrough - Takeda We made it. (10/3/2016) patch notes for Takeda

• Takeda - combo damage scaling adjustments and increases
  • Takeda - F+1,2,2+4 & F+1,2+4 is now -24 on block (down from -21)
  • Takeda - Tornado Strike no longer has armor
  • Takeda - Fist Whirlwind now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda - Tri Kunai has 10 less blockstun frames and reduced pushback
  • Takeda - B+2 now has 25 startup frames (up from 24)
  • Takeda - F+4 is now +4 on block (down from +9)
  • Takeda (Shirai Ryu) - Shirai Ryu Phase no longer has armor on wakeup
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flurry now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flip no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+2 now has 20 startup frames (up from 15)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - adjusted the hit region of B+1
  • Takeda (Ronin) - B+1,1 is now -2 on block (down from 0)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Blade Summon no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - added 5 additional recovery frames to Quick Kall if the opponent is blocking

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
  • Takeda - combo damage scaling adjustments and increases
  • Takeda - Towards+FP,BP,BP+BK & Towards+FP,BP+BK is now -24 on block (down from -21)
  • Takeda - Tornado Strike no longer has armor
  • Takeda - Fist Whirlwind now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda - Tri Kunai has 10 less blockstun frames and reduced pushback
  • Takeda - Away+BP now has 25 startup frames (up from 24)
  • Takeda - Towards+BK is now +4 on block (down from +9)
  • Takeda (Shirai Ryu) - Shirai Ryu Phase no longer has armor on wakeup
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flurry now has 2 hits of armor and no longer automatically launches the opponent without being enhanced
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Flip no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Away+BP now has 20 startup frames (up from 15)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - adjusted the hit region of Away+FP
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Away+FP,FP is now -2 on block (down from 0)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Blade Summon no longer has armor
  • Takeda (Ronin) - added 5 additional recovery frames to Quick Kall if the opponent is blocking
Calling all Takeda players.
@MrProfDrPepper @Pleasa @Harlequin969 @st9rm @Red Raptor @KHTC Takgillo

How does it sound for Takeda so far? I know we won't actually know until after we get our hands on the game after the patch, but compared to other characters I feel like he may be okay.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity

How does it sound for Takeda so far? I know we won't actually know until after we get our hands on the game after the patch, but compared to other characters I feel like he may be okay.
I don't think this will affect him at all, they didn't even make ex kunai a mid to get rid of the htb. Lasher is literally the same so overall we are good. I have no idea why we didn't get hit harder lol

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I don't think this will affect him at all, they didn't even make ex kunai a mid to get rid of the htb. Lasher is literally the same so overall we are good. I have no idea why we didn't get hit harder lol
Yeah I'm kind of confused as well. I think that because of the energy meter changes, it may be better to play the zoning/space-control game with him which is what I did anyway.

Maybe it's time for me to learn lasher. Well Kenjutsu did get buffed though...
:DOGE

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I don't like the overhead of Ronin being slowed to 20 frames at all and bringing the big boot down to only +4 messes with what I had going with it recently but I'll wait and see until I actually play. The extra meter needed for ex fists kind of messes with my corner game now though.

MrProfDrPepper

Yeah I'm kind of confused as well. I think that because of the energy meter changes, it may be better to play the zoning/space-control game with him which is what I did anyway.

Maybe it's time for me to learn lasher. Well Kenjutsu did get buffed though...
:DOGE
Hellz yeah, now more lasher representation is never a bad thing, and kenjutsu didn't really get any bugs other than tele push getting 2 hits of armor, and a lot of universal changes, balanced got the majority of the buffs. But it just occurred to me that the 2 hits of armor allows people to get out of htb's... good move nrs... good move

MrProfDrPepper

I don't like the overhead of Ronin being slowed to 20 frames at all and bringing the big boot down to only +4 messes with what I had going with it recently but I'll wait and see until I actually play. The extra meter needed for ex fists kind of messes with my corner game now though.
You don't need to spend the extra meter. Just use the mb version instead of ex and then mb. You only have to spend 2 bars to launch if you are using an armored move

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Hellz yeah, now more lasher representation is never a bad thing, and kenjutsu didn't really get any bugs other than tele push getting 2 hits of armor, and a lot of universal changes, balanced got the majority of the buffs. But it just occurred to me that the 2 hits of armor allows people to get out of htb's... good move nrs... good move
Kenjutsu's DF1 I believe is safe on most of the khast now. I think it's only -7 and it has some of the craziest spacing in the game. You won't believe how many people I could catch off-guard with that move at max distance.

I really do want to learn lasher though, but everytime I have tried to play it I either drop the combos thus wasting my meter usage, or I get out-zoned without the use of a teleport or reflect.
My biggest grief with lasher is that the damage midscreen he gets from F2,1,2+4 is kind of small for a punisher.

Last edited:
Kenjutsu's DF1 I believe is safe on most of the khast now. I think it's only -7 and it has some of the craziest spacing in the game. You won't believe how many people I could catch off-guard with that move at max distance.

I really do want to learn lasher though, but everytime I have tried to play it I either drop the combos thus wasting my meter usage, or I get out-zoned without the use of a teleport or reflect. My biggest grief with
lasher is that the damage midscreen he gets from F2,1,2+4 is kind of small for a punisher.
use low slash

MrProfDrPepper

I really do want to learn lasher though, but everytime I have tried to play it I either drop the combos thus wasting my meter usage, or I get out-zoned without the use of a teleport or reflect. My biggest grief with
lasher is that the damage midscreen he gets from F2,1,2+4 is kind of small for a punisher.
I can help you out with lasher, you need to know how to use your range to your advantage. It is all about learning how to space yourself and knowing what ranges you are best at for every variation. And what tools to use in what situation

Is this a for sure thing? I know the kunais have 3 hits but they don't all hit

Harlequin969

Always press buttons

The only thing I want to check is his damage output. That'll make our break SR though I'm pretty confident that Takeda's safe for all intents and purposes. Nothing major changed outside of Ronin and I think Ronin will still be fine. Maybe outshined slightly by SR depending on that damage change.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Honestly the only time I really used the HTB was against certain characters just to get the match over quickly, like Alien. I always felt dirty using it, so I don't mind too much if it goes. The B2, low kunai mind-games still exist as well as F2,1,2+4 into Kunai which is good.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Surprised at his hard to block ables not being touched , also , I think Ronin will drop a bit depending on how bad they hurt his b1. Making it -2 is definitely okay and probably warranted , but the range concerns me since they made his b2 is now 20 frames. That's slow af but I'm okay with it because other characters received similar treatment.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
What I don't get is why was the block advantage of f122+4 nerfed. It's not like it was good before hand.
I guess we will find out why after the patch will come out. I usually just cancel it into a special move at the end anyway, but it is interesting why they did this.

I guess we will find out why after the patch will come out. I usually just cancel it into a special move at the end anyway, but it is interesting why they did this.
probably has something to do with f122+4 into teleport cancel maybe it s more negative now