What's new

General/Other Trident Rush.....argument over

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Although I agree trident rush is stupid good I think some people are missing the point of pushblocking it.

Sure, if you pushblock you are losing a bar, but once you pushblock you can either backdash/back walk(depending on which gets you a farther distance) and you are out of the range of most of his dangerous tools(J2 might still hit you, not 100%).

Again, not saying pushblocking makes the tool useless but it at least gives you some breathing room and not having to take 28% chip.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Although I agree trident rush is stupid good I think some people are missing the point of pushblocking it.

Sure, if you pushblock you are losing a bar, but once you pushblock you can either backdash/back walk(depending on which gets you a farther distance) and you are out of the range of most of his dangerous tools(J2 might still hit you, not 100%).

Again, not saying pushblocking makes the tool useless but it at least gives you some breathing room and not having to take 28% chip.
Try using Zatanna, what can she do after a pushblock? Lol :p she wastes a bar just to not eat 15% chip damage, now what?

Zoidberg747

Try using Zatanna, what can she do after a pushblock? Lol :p she wastes a bar just to not eat 15% chip damage, now what?
Does she have a bad backdash and back walk?

Keep in mind I may be totally biased since as Raven all I have to do is pushblock and I can just walk back and SC if he moves.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Does she have a bad backdash and back walk?

Keep in mind I may be totally biased since as Raven all I have to do is pushblock and I can just walk back and SC if he moves.
Yeah, her walkspeed is pretty bad, so is her dash! Her mobility consists on her teleports which are a bad idea against Aquaman.

The problem is you're not pushblocking because it's too much pressure or to avoid a frame trap. You're pushblocking something that doesn't grant him a frame trap, but you're pushblocking something that does tremendous chip + meter gain.

You could make a read off of pressure, mixups, etc
but with this stupid move, you lose either way. Aquaman is nice and safe with you wasting a bar, while he did some chip and got some meter back. What if you are cornered or close to the corner.
And Walk back, backdash? pfft like that means anything with his amazing reaching normals and safe trait IN CASE he makes a mistake. Not to mention FtD

lol

Zoidberg747

The problem is you're not pushblocking because it's too much pressure or to avoid a frame trap. You're pushblocking something that doesn't grant him a frame trap, but you're pushblocking something that does tremendous chip + meter gain.

You could make a read off of pressure, mixups, etc
but with this stupid move, you lose either way. Aquaman is nice and safe with you wasting a bar, while he did some chip and got some meter back. What if you are cornered or close to the corner.
And Walk back, backdash? pfft like that means anything with his amazing reaching normals and safe trait IN CASE he makes a mistake. Not to mention FtD

lol
Like I said, I dont really struggle with Raven. Maybe I am lucky.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Maybe I'm lucky enough to play a character that doesnt get blown up by it then.

Aqua is one of my favorite MUs.
And also as a Zatanna player wasting a bar just to not eat a lot of chip damage while Aquaman builds a lot of meter is horrible, Zatanna's meterbuilding already sucks in this MU, now add that we have to waste bars just to not eat that ridiculous shit.

I dont play Zatanna. Ive already said I am biased lol.
True, but you're kind of missing the point.
Maybe you are lucky, but still, as Aquaman, I WOULD LOVE for Raven to pushblock because Raven can soul crush into MB for a combo and his trait would not work. Without meter, how can raven start a combo?

Please don't say F3 or MB F3

She can't.
As Aquaman, I fear the soul crush because it negates my trait, thus I'd rather the raven burn meter, and if she doesn't, i did massive chip and got 1 bar myself :)
yay

Zoidberg747

True, but you're kind of missing the point.
Maybe you are lucky, but still, as Aquaman, I WOULD LOVE for Raven to pushblock because Raven can soul crush into MB for a combo and his trait would not work. Without meter, how can raven start a combo?

Please don't say F3 or MB F3

She can't.
As Aquaman, I fear the soul crush because it negates my trait, thus I'd rather the raven burn meter, and if she doesn't, i did massive chip and got 1 bar myself :)
yay
I wouldnt start a combo with SC. I would use it to position myself still within SC range but far enough that I can start chucking shadow ravens to gain that meter I lost back.

That is just how I play it though.

I wouldnt start a combo with SC. I would use it to position myself still within SC range but far enough that I can start chucking shadow ravens to gain that meter I lost back.

That is just how I play it though.
So you don't combo him at all when he's unsafe upclose?

Zoidberg747

So you don't combo him at all when he's unsafe upclose?
No you're right I totally would, my bad haha.

After the combo is done and I soul crush I walk back and zone to build back meter. I dont think I have ever run out of meter as Raven especially in that MU.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol im guessing you played cowboy and he dashed in d1 trident rushed you to death and thats why youre salty against that move.. lol cant blame you
no i do well w zod vs aquaman

its 5-5

Apparently you are not in the "know"

Rico just came back at DTN down 0-2 w black adam to datharma when he picked aquaman and won w d1 trident rush mb

Idc about aqua he doesnt bother me, he's just braindead