What's new

General/Other Trident Rush.....argument over

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, Arma has a record of being beaten by d.1xanything, and its consistent.

BUT yeah, 28% for a d.1 is kinda redic. I don't even do flip combos on Aqua, I just do grounds into MB trident. Gives better everything ever.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
AMs d1 goes under Batmans strings after being put in blockstun by trait. It being d1 trident rush has nothing to do with it, he could of done d1 scoop and got a combo so no..

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AMs d1 goes under Batmans strings after being put in blockstun by trait. It being d1 trident rush has nothing to do with it, he could of done d1 scoop and got a combo so no..
I'm not talking about interrupting

I'm waking about the round he took 40-50% w trident on block

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
And the Trident Rush is a big part of the reason Batman has it hard against Aquaman.

That does not take away from how potent a tool the Trident Rush is. In fact, it's potentially one of the best. A large amount of chip damage and meter-building, especially when you burn one bar and get almost all of it back...

Can't be beaten by armored moves since the regular version has four hits and the MB version has eleven...eleven. Digest that fact for a moment.

On top of all that, it's only -11 on block and has pushback. This limits punishment options.

How can it be a bad tool at all? :confused:

EDIT: To those suggesting pushblocking, you're playing into Aquaman's game when you give up meter in that way. If you choose not to, you take a lot of chip and they get meter. A lose-lose scenario.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
You only got two options take the chip or pushblock nuff said but I think people are overreacting a tad bit here.
Ok let's explain it like this. Almost 80% of the cast can do NOTHING to punish him if you take the chip & PUSHBLOCK will have you waste ALL your meter which will lead to FREE CHIP anyway you look at it. Let's not forget you get no meter for taking the chip but he gets almost a bar for delivering the chip.

So tell me this. Where is the risk/reward factor at?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
this is very true, when I play AM, I want ppl to waste all their meter on push block, then I dnt have to deal with their meter then. AM's trident rush is no joke, one of the best moves in this game hands down.
Fill free to do on characters like Killer Frost who get 50/50s when it's blocked or other characters that slip out of it on block and can punish it