What's new

To the pros that remember their learning process of UMK3.

DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
Well I played as different characters today, and I must admit I had more fun. I think Sektor is going to be my new digital best friend. He kind of reminds me of Sub because the homing missles kinda confuse people into opening themselves up for big damage. Although I seem to be having a hard time getting his roundhouse to connect after a teleuppercut against some fighters.
Yea it doesn't hit Kung or the Robots.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sure it does. You need to step in vs Kung, and Robots hit normally, you can also always do an aaHP JK or Dumb Missile and still get out a Smart Missile.

Shock said:
Sure it does. You need to step in vs Kung, and Robots hit normally, you can also always do an aaHP JK or Dumb Missile and still get out a Smart Missile.
Ohh nice, i'll try the aaHP.

Try playing people on this site. Losing is a good way to learn. I had to learn that way. Watching what other people do in matches is also a good idea. You can see how they play as each character then you can see what you can do with them.

DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
Well I played as different characters today, and I must admit I had more fun. I think Sektor is going to be my new digital best friend. He kind of reminds me of Sub because the homing missles kinda confuse people into opening themselves up for big damage. Although I seem to be having a hard time getting his roundhouse to connect after a teleuppercut against some fighters.
Sektor is the shit. He doesn't have that many big combos, but you can do anything you really want with him.. rush or zone.

Edit: You can also do a JK sweep after a tele uppercut for 37%. Sometimes it's blockable, sometimes it's not.. depends where you hit them or what character they are I guess.

I used to do an aaHP JK after a Teleuppercut but now I do an aaRH and spam the shit out of Smart missiles, and switch it up with dumb missiles. Stick in an other teleuppercut if you have them pinned. Wait for them to jump in for a kick or a combo, or for them to jump back.

Re: To the pros that remember their learning process of UMK3

DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
killabitz said:
DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
I know it takes more than a few months to kick it with the pros, but I should be getting better not worse. Maybe its because I only use Sub-Zero, and should probably be mixing it up, or learning a non-low tier first. But Sub-Zero is THE man.
u answered ur own question there. u have to realize its all about the mind gamez. mix it up.
Oh sorry I know that, I meant mixing it up as in the characters I play rather than selecting the same fighter over and over. Sub seems to be the only character that interests me.

As for my Sub-Zero play, I think my mixing up his moves is coming along, but I seem to be getting more sloppy and taking more risks that leave me open to combos etc. Even though I know this is my problem, I still continue to get more and more sloppy and continue to do stupid shit like freeze myself and lose the match because of it... I NEVER used to freeze myself, but now it's a daily thing.

But as for MOST people on xbox live, I can keep control of the fight and/or give them a good game. But fighting the pros I am worse at it now than I was a month ago.
There are tons of factors involved. I think alot of those pros are blessed with naturally quick fingers to pull off ridiculous combos and quick minds that adapt to how people play alot quicker. Ex: I can fight Crazy Dominican and beat him the first 2 matches, then his mind adjusts to my playing and he beats me 5 times like nothing. Another part of it is just whether or not your having a good day playing the game. Also, and this is a strange one but I think it plays a big part. It's kind of rock, paper, scissors thing related to the way our minds naturally work. Here's what I mean- You mentioned AI Armaggeddon as one of the players who gives you trouble. I've rarely ever lost to him, but I know I've played you and I don't think I've beaten you yet. So even though you seem to think he's better than you and I think I'm better than him, you've proven to be better than me so far. It's weird but I've noticed this sort of thing lately.

Intimidation and confidence affects playing.

I play differently when I know a guy I am playing is good.

IE my match against master boomstix. Normally as Nightwolf I rush robosmoke right away, putting him under constant pressure. I heard boomstix was very good, and therefore took a more defensive role. The matches were close, but I was not able to beat him.

Re: To the pros that remember their learning process of UMK3

eyekramer said:
Also, and this is a strange one but I think it plays a big part. It's kind of rock, paper, scissors thing related to the way our minds naturally work. Here's what I mean- You mentioned AI Armaggeddon as one of the players who gives you trouble. I've rarely ever lost to him, but I know I've played you and I don't think I've beaten you yet. So even though you seem to think he's better than you and I think I'm better than him, you've proven to be better than me so far. It's weird but I've noticed this sort of thing lately.
Yeah I know what you mean. There are good players out there I can just slaughter as sub a lot of the time, while most just read my mind. Its really weird.

I'm no pro at UMK3, but I'm not bad at other fighting games. As long as you keep playing you will improve. It might not seem like it but in two months you will be better then you are now, as long as you keep playing and learn from the mistakes you make. There are always new mind games and strategies to use in fighting games, it's endless. It's always a good idea to play different people, watch match videos, learn new characters.

Good luck my friend,
Jabs

just stick with scrub zero he can get u places

in any fighting game non mvc2 tiers dont matter all that much
it matters how well u know your character and the matchups

RushedDown said:
just stick with scrub zero he can get u places

in any fighting game non mvc2 tiers dont matter all that much
it matters how well u know your character and the matchups
yea sub will prob always be my fav.

i have started learning nightwolf, sindel, kano and a bit of stryker though. i found out i was good at ermac, but i hate that prick so i'll pass on that mofo. -_-