What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya buffs/nerfs for kp2

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
2 in 1 cancels for upfireball into regular fireball in pyro.

Less recovery on fireballs.

Fix the gap/push back in the 2,4,3 so that the 2,4 hits on both hits on crouching opponents after a shroud.

Fix standing 2 to hit on crouch blocking opponents.

Standing 1 whiffs on crouching opponents randomly. Both male and females

Make f3 special cancelable

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Remove from the entire game and franchise
now now, she's a cool character, she was just made stupid in this game in 2 and a half/3 variation.

Kobu is a one-trick pony that overshadows Tanya as a character.
I feel that Kobu needs a bit of normalising in favour of her normals and the rest of her specials but I'm fairly sure that they are not going to overhaul a character this far into the game's lifetime.
pyromancer is kind of annoying to see/play gainst too honestly.

They could nerf Kobu, I'd be OK with that if they dont kill her. They really do need to buff Pyro though. She could use a b1 move that is a high damage combo starter for Pyro where she hits the opponent in the head with a fireball (not effected by shroud) Definitely less recovery on fireballs, and possibly split kick gains a fire animation around her feet/legs and shrouded opponents get blown up.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
No buffs for Kobu Jutsu only nerfs. Buffs for Pyro and Dragon.
Duh.

I think that she should get variation specific teleports. My take may be uninformed (some people claim that DN is not that bad after all), but here it is:

- Pyro should have them as evasive tool with decreased offensive and defensive usage. Normals after TP may be restricted to ex-TP, but she may have an option to land faster unless she throws fireball.

- DN may need some air options, so maybe she should have some invulnerability frames (on air or mounted TPs only!), but not from 1st frame. Make sure that it means she can blow up some AAs ona read, but can't just sit above you and loop shit without being vulnerable to proper counter-move at appropriate time. Possible follow-ups may be tweaked to make sure she does as much damage as you want her after feinting and punishing with TP.

- I'm not even sure why KJ needs it :coffee:

whats the reason to nerf kobu? because she kicks your ass online? i havent seen one thought out answer on why she should be 1st nerf priority. what makes her truly broken? any infinites, unblockables or invincible frame or 60% combos godlike jump ins, bugs, whiffs?

BangBang

Noob
I made her my main and I've found a solution to almost all my problems. Leave her alone, let us scrubs be happy :)

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
'crosses fingers'

Make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high make b1 a high

Tanya buff for kobu

Remove b1 to allow Tanya players an opportunity to learn to play the game
this there's no reason any character should get away with doing 1 string all day and winning because of it. It's the definition of broke and for those who say learn the matchup try playing this character with 1 that has no armor.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
this there's no reason any character should get away with doing 1 string all day and winning because of it. It's the definition of broke and for those who say learn the matchup try playing this character with 1 that has no armor.
I would probably change to warlock or kung Lao

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
They should nerf Kobu to the ground, right where Kenshi and Jason are... then, small adjustments to make Dragon Naginata viable (VIABLE... NOT BROKEN !!), cuz, the Rolento shit on that variation is actually pretty fun to play, and watch.... lol

Last edited: