What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok Oct 4, 2016 Patch Notes

D. R.

Noob
  • Shinnok - Towards+FK now has 13 startup frames (down from 16), is -1 on block (up from -6) and has slightly extended range
  • Shinnok - Hell Sparks & Hell Blast enhanced is now +5 on block (down from +14) and has reduced pushback
  • Shinnok - Krushing Shoulder now has 2 hits of armor & no longer does the ground burst automatically afterwards
  • Shinnok - Charging Shoulder & Krushing Shoulder can now be enhanced on block or hit to perform the ground burst which has a modified reaction
  • Shinnok - Amulet Strike is now -6 on block (up from -11) and has 5 less recovery frames on miss
  • Shinnok (Impostor) - adjusted the timing of being hit by Mimicry while airborne to be more consistent with the grounded reaction
  • Shinnok (Impostor) - Mimicry is now +17 on hit (down from +104)
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Scepter Launch no longer has armor
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Dark Beam is now -9 on block (up from -12) and has increased pushback
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Dark Blast is now 0 on block (up from -3) and has increased pushback
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - Devil's Flick has increased pushback
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - Judgment Fist & Judgment Smash can now be dash cancelled out of before the drop

Yeah, what is the enhance after shoulder on block?) the amulet is -6 though- that is awesome, the +17 on hit from mimicry and +5 on sparks is the worst

D. R.

Noob
D. R. - Make Amulet (bf1) 9 frame start up instead of 16 and make it -7 on block with pushback instead of -11. The core mechanic of this move (available in Imposter and Necro) is to deflect or absorb projectiles somewhat like Kotal Kahn's parry, but at its current speed, that is near impossible unless you are fullscreen away. My proposed buff will make this move function as intended and give Shinnok an option to end combos instead of pure reliance on hell sparks. All of his frame data leaves him -6 or more anyways with the exception of a couple random pokes and MB Hell Spark so this isn't asking much.

NRS - Amulet Strike is now -6 on block (up from -11) and has 5 less recovery frames on miss

D. R. - Make EXbf3 (Krushing Shoulder) so that the Hell Spark animation comes out on block and leaves him at -7 with excessive pushback BUT there is a gap before it comes out, ie two hits from shoulder charge (gap) Hell Spark. Currently the move is 12 frame start up and -15 on block, death on whiff. It's some what useless and we can't have any form of useless if we plan to make Netherrealm great again.

NRS - Charging Shoulder & Krushing Shoulder can now be enhanced on block or hit to perform the ground burst which has a modified reaction

I can't help but feel the "Make Netherrealm Great Again" had a hand in these two... :DOGE

Last edited:
Are armored launchers completely gone now unless you burn two bars? my head hurts and i don't want to read all the patch notes lol. This will be great for BS Shinnok's restand

D. R.

Noob
Overall I think Bone Shaper has taken a huge hit. Some match ups for Imposter are now ass)
I'm hoping somethings didn't show up on the patch notes but are in game like certain stolen moves being changed i.e. Jason's, Takeda's, etc, otherwise yeah, Impostor is gonna suffer hard in some matchups.

But hey, I guess that will encourage variation swapping more.

That f3 buff will help tremendously across the board.

D. R.

Noob
Using an armored launcher to counterzone is the stupidest thing imaginable, especially when the character can zone their self. A launcher should be a form of combo extension and that's it. This "nerf" makes you have to play proper footsies now.

I seriously don't see the issue now other than that you have to drag out footsies more to get in and start looping plus frames off the restand.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
except the thing is why would i ever use low scoop for a combo when hellsparks does just fine? lol

ex low scoop has no purpose, maybe if they made it faster on startup, but other than that? nah.

D. R.

Noob
yes, normal scoop, which you can end in after f221+3, thats fine, but ex scoop no longer has a use outside of a tripguard punish, and even then, i think hellsparks might be a better option anyway.
EX scoop in a combo off a standing starter nets 2-4% more damage depending on the starter than HS and as @usedcarsalesmang said can be used in positioning mid combo. It's still good.