What's new

Robin Deathmatch: who do you think would win?

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Dick wins. It doesn't matter who comes in 2nd in a death match also.

This is also answered in Battle for the Cowl. Casuals pls
The Deathmatch thing was more because I thought it was a catchy title than anything else, But BFTC is a valid storyline to bring up.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
As far as I know, Nightwing has only been trained by Batman (someone can let me know if anyone else has trained him) so he wouldn't be particularly well versed in killing techniques.
Wikipedia on Shrike, a Nightwing villain:

"A member of Ra's al Ghul's League of Assassins, the master martial artist Shrike operated a school for killers which he called the Vengeance Academy, teaching young children how to be assassins. After a disastrous encounter with the villain Two-Face forced Dick Grayson to give up his Robin identity, Dick infiltrated Shrike's school, to earn back Batman's trust. Shrike was apparently the one to teach Dick the art of Escrima stick-fighting, as he was first seen using these weapons after training at the Vengeance Academy"

So technically Dick Grayson learned Escrima from the League of Assassins.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Wikipedia on Shrike, a Nightwing villain:

"A member of Ra's al Ghul's League of Assassins, the master martial artist Shrike operated a school for killers which he called the Vengeance Academy, teaching young children how to be assassins. After a disastrous encounter with the villain Two-Face forced Dick Grayson to give up his Robin identity, Dick infiltrated Shrike's school, to earn back Batman's trust. Shrike was apparently the one to teach Dick the art of Escrima stick-fighting, as he was first seen using these weapons after training at the Vengeance Academy"

So technically Dick Grayson learned Escrima from the League of Assassins.
Derp. I've actually read that comic and I didn't even know that. Thanks for the info.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
So why does Dick win now ?
Dick wins now because he is the most experienced Robin and if you take BFTC into account, that is an important piece of evidence as to why Dick would win, (thanks to GuamoKun for pointing this one out). He's also had training that the others haven't like with Shrike and his Escrimas.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Dick wins now because he is the most experienced Robin and if you take BFTC into account, that is an important piece of evidence as to why Dick would win, (thanks to GuamoKun for pointing this one out). He's also had training that the others haven't like with Shrike and his Escrimas.
does dick use a staff in the comics ? or they just made him use it in injustice ? i know for sure that Tim is like the best staff user in the comics

does dick use a staff in the comics ? or they just made him use it in injustice ? i know for sure that Tim is like the best staff user in the comics
he doesn't, you're right about tim though. but there aren't many staff users, maybe green arrow and... green arrow... and... idk. who else uses staffs? deathstroke!

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
he doesn't, you're right about tim though. but there aren't many staff users, maybe green arrow and... green arrow... and... idk. who else uses staffs? deathstroke!
well they dont even try it cause tim's staff is the biggest and the hardest ! ow wait...too many "grayson" jokes

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
genetically enhanced body, trained in pretty much everything (martial arts, science stuff, etc) since he can remember, he was killing sharks and tigers since he was 5-7 years old. he's trained by the league of assassins and specially talia al ghul.
wtf ?! how was he enhanced ? and wtf is with that crazy training ?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Dick Grayson is the best fighter out of the 4.

BUT

The New 52 is shitting on Dick and blowing up Jason. In all ways. Even Tim Drake called Jason his older brother when Tim Drake use to look up to Dick as that.....Dick is losing everything, Damien died, Bludhaven raped....now he's in Chicago and his stories haven't been popping.

But pre-52....Dick smashes every Robin that ever stood.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
forget about the genetically enhanced thing. i can't find facts. he's trained to be the best darn assassin and the leader of the league of assassins.
I believe he was actually grown in an artificial womb rather than in Talia's, so you might be thinking of that when you say he was genetically enhanced.

I believe he was actually grown in an artificial womb rather than in Talia's, so you might be think of that when you say he was genie ally enhanced.
yeah, plus the Heretic (the massive way too strong damian clone) WAS genetically enhanced, according to comicvine. but probably that's just him and not damian.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
isn't he supposed to be robin ?!
Well he was Robin...he wasn't supose to be though ...His mother was making him an assassin...
But in a battle to the death he already won...
I have also heard the Red Hood is set to get much more powerfull shortly...

Sent from the bottom of a bottomless pit.