What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
How do you cancel D4 into acid hand or other special attack?
I see some videos that people do D4 xx acid hand but I am not able to cancel D4. Maybe I am timing it wrong, I don't know.

I can do 12 xx ElbowDash.
I can do 12 xx AcidHand.
However, when I press Down, 4, and then DB2 (acid-hand) nothing happens. Is it because I am doing it slowly? I can cancel faster movements and strings like "12xx" but I am not able to cancel this "simple" D4.

I don't know what to do. Could someone help me with this?
How do you cancel D4 to peform a special attack? What is the correct time to do DB2 (acid-hand)?
You can also use this in the same way for invisibiliy with D4 U4, spit (kinda useless) D4 F1, ex dash D+B4 F2+RT or forceball D+B4 B3/B1 (this is good vs Jax's dash punch)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Cossner How did I miss this conversation? This is what I get for being away.

Nightmayerx level up scrub. Hit dat 321 dash NJP like a bause or go home.

rafaeltaua You don't have to do anything nuts, just hit d4 then b2 for cancelling into acid hand. If you want a forceball then do db4 db1/3. There isn't really much of a point in doing anything else.

Temjiin Glad to see you're still alive.

Input as D4 B2. Smooth as silk.
You can also use this in the same way for invisibiliy with D4 U4, spit (kinda useless) D4 F1, ex dash D+B4 F2+RT or forceball D+B4 B3/B1 (this is good vs Jax's dash punch)
Cossner How did I miss this conversation? This is what I get for being away.

Nightmayerx level up scrub. Hit dat 321 dash NJP like a bause or go home.

rafaeltaua You don't have to do anything nuts, just hit d4 then b2 for cancelling into acid hand. If you want a forceball then do db4 db1/3. There isn't really much of a point in doing anything else.

Temjiin Glad to see you're still alive.
Thanks Temjiin and Joker8417. I would NEVER, NEVER guess it. I thought that pressing 4 between "down" and "back" would make the acid-hand fail.
I was doing D4, DB2 instead of D4 B2.

If I got it right, I am able to press any normal attack button (1, 2 ,3 or 4) between commands to peform special attacks.
If this is right. Am I able to do, for example, "B1, F2" and do a Elbowdash?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Thanks Temjiin and Joker8417. I would NEVER, NEVER guess it. I thought that pressing 4 between "down" and "back" would make the acid-hand fail.
I was doing D4, DB2 instead of D4 B2.

If I got it right, I am able to press any normal attack button (1, 2 ,3 or 4) between commands to peform special attacks.
If this is right. Am I able to do, for example, "B1, F2" and do a Elbowdash?
Not every single attack is special cancellable, I don't think B1 is.

huh

Noob
Hi guys, sorry if this was asked before: Is there any limitation in the amount of elbow dashes we can perform within a combo?

I've been trying to do 321~elbow dash, 321~elbow dash, 321~elbowdash but the third elbow dash never comes out. I don't know if I'm messing the commands or it is due to a system limitation..

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Hi guys, sorry if this was asked before: Is there any limitation in the amount of elbow dashes we can perform within a combo?

I've been trying to do 321~elbow dash, 321~elbow dash, 321~elbowdash but the third elbow dash never comes out. I don't know if I'm messing the commands or it is due to a system limitation..
There's not, it's just that the fall speed increases each hit, so they're probably already in the ground by the time the last 1 in 321 comes out.

nX_EdGe

We are many... you are but one.
Hey,
I am looking to up my combo game online.. I find the elbow dash whiff less then consistent online.. I can do them well enough in practice mode but struggle with the lag..

I am looking for easy to execute BnBs for the corner and mid screen also meter use is encouraged in your suggestions. I find
Code:
JIP, 3, 2, Ex FFB, NJP, 3, 2, SFB, 3,2,1, Slide
to be my money maker online for 44% damage if I remember correctly for one bar this is really sweet. Anyone else have any large damage combos that I could do consistently on XBL?

I know there are tons of posts about combos but this is really targeting the online environment. Thanks!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Hey,
I am looking to up my combo game online.. I find the elbow dash whiff less then consistent online.. I can do them well enough in practice mode but struggle with the lag..

I am looking for easy to execute BnBs for the corner and mid screen also meter use is encouraged in your suggestions. I find
Code:
JIP, 3, 2, Ex FFB, NJP, 3, 2, SFB, 3,2,1, Slide
to be my money maker online for 44% damage if I remember correctly for one bar this is really sweet. Anyone else have any large damage combos that I could do consistently on XBL?

I know there are tons of posts about combos but this is really targeting the online environment. Thanks!
I've played like 20,000 games online.
JIP -> 321 xx ED -> NJP -> FFB -> SFB -> Finisher (32 xx ED, 2f3 1+2, 321 xx invis, 321 xx exfb, NO SLIDE) is the best you could get mid screen, no bars.
It's not a just frame thing, you just have to mash 1212121212 as soon as your character jumps.

nX_EdGe

I've played like 20,000 games online.
JIP -> 321 xx ED -> NJP -> FFB -> SFB -> Finisher (32 xx ED, 2f3 1+2, 321 xx invis, 321 xx exfb, NO SLIDE) is the best you could get mid screen, no bars.
It's not a just frame thing, you just have to mash 1212121212 as soon as your character jumps.
Thank you for your reply. I do not wish to insult your experience nor attack you with this response. I would rather like to address my lack of experience. I do not have 20,000 online games and am struggling to land the whiff dash on XBL. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "It's not a just frame thing" and maybe apply some of your experience to the actual questions in the original post? Thank you sir.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Thank you for your reply. I do not wish to insult your experience nor attack you with this response. I would rather like to address my lack of experience. I do not have 20,000 online games and am struggling to land the whiff dash on XBL. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "It's not a just frame thing" and maybe apply some of your experience to the actual questions in the original post? Thank you sir.
I meant the games as in: it's not impossible to land online, you just need to practice. Do this: grab your controller. After 321 xx ed, hold up. Then as soon as Reptile is about to stop, swipe your fingers across 1 and 2. Try it online (it's actually easier to land it that way online than offline).

nX_EdGe

Then as soon as Reptile is about to stop, swipe your fingers across 1 and 2. Try it online (it's actually easier to land it that way online than offline).
Thanks for the explanation. I have been holding up after the whiff and that does work.. I will give this a bit more practice using reptile stopping as a cue for my "piano roll" as I have heard it called. that tip may prove very effective. Thank you. What about taking the damage up a notch using meter?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Thanks for the explanation. I have been holding up after the whiff and that does work.. I will give this a bit more practice using reptile stopping as a cue for my "piano roll" as I have heard it called. that tip may prove very effective. Thank you. What about taking the damage up a notch using meter?
Not really worth it. Just save it for breaker/ex slow/fast force balls/armor for the slide/ex elbow dash.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Reptile was probably the most underrated character in MK. People like Chef just never fully grasped his full potential.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Does charging an EX Forceball to make it bigger make the hitbox bigger or is it only bigger visually? Wondering if it's worth the time to charge it or not.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Does charging an EX Forceball to make it bigger make the hitbox bigger or is it only bigger visually? Wondering if it's worth the time to charge it or not.
It makes it bigger. It's worth to hold it because a) it works as an anti air, b) it blows up mileena's, quan's and sheeva's teleport, c) it lets you play mindgames and punish impatient players and d) it's a guessing game if they try to punish you.

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
my answer will be simple and anyone who understands algebra will understand my position. The meter can be used for something more than counter the threat clear.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I dont play reptile, but I use to play against good one for ery long and I'll tell you this: Its worth it! it is really a good tool he has.