What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
X
Jax and d1 are mighty frivolous my friend EGP Wonder_Chef
Most of the time you are going to see d1 xx Overhead which elbow dash goes under or d1 xx gotcha grab which is technically punishable, but the punish frame goes from 13 frames down to 10 frames, which means you have a total of 10 frames to react, let go of block, and do the BF2 input (which is a huge bitch and slows it down a lot).

Still definitely punishable if they do d1 xx gotcha grab, but really you don't see that too much, especially since his d3 is soooo amazing.

Most of the time you are going to see d1 xx Overhead which elbow dash goes under or d1 xx gotcha grab which is technically punishable, but the punish frame goes from 13 frames down to 10 frames, which means you have a total of 10 frames to react, let go of block, and do the BF2 input (which is a huge bitch and slows it down a lot).

Still definitely punishable if they do d1 xx gotcha grab, but really you don't see that too much, especially since his d3 is soooo amazing.
Does dash just go through overhead, since he's technically airborne?
Also, if I ever look at how I process jax, by the time i notice he just did a D1 xx gotcha, he's already doing something else lmao.
I was just pointing out that he uses d1 a bit too haha.
But great points

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So I really am the only one who buffers the dash .....

i'll just go sit in my own little corner. Where all the cool kids make fun of me.

back to your regularly scheduled MU discussions!!!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Does dash just go through overhead, since he's technically airborne?
Also, if I ever look at how I process jax, by the time i notice he just did a D1 xx gotcha, he's already doing something else lmao.
I was just pointing out that he uses d1 a bit too haha.
But great points
yeah it just goes under him and maybe you can do a dash back and punish him with another but honestly I've never tried.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
remember -7 for a down poke means -7 assuming you let go of block the frame that it touches you (which is impossible unless you can react in 6 frames, which humans can't.) so you will almost never see an actually -7 d3, most times it will be like -3 or -2.
The same thing goes for all other characters though. In order to punish pokes you pretty much have to tap block when you think they are coming. They cannot be punished on reaction.

That's if he follows up with b3 and it's still a 3 frame window AND you have to be standing. It also depends on spacing, because again dash is not always 6 frames on startup, and can be anywhere up to 12 depending on where he is on screen.
You can technically elbow dash while in crouch.
It's my preferred way of doing it lol, looks cooler.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I really am the only one who buffers the dash .....

i'll just go sit in my own little corner. Where all the cool kids make fun of me.
No I buffer dash sometimes if I think I can interrupt and it will hit. I just don't do it all the time because it will get blocked more times than not. You just need to make them respect it, that's it. Trying to punish everything with it is just too much.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
That's if he follows up with b3 and it's still a 3 frame window AND you have to be standing. It also depends on spacing, because again dash is not always 6 frames on startup, and can be anywhere up to 12 depending on where he is on screen.
B312 has no pushback at all. Dash is 6 frames there. Maybe 7. But its point blank.

You scrubtiles have a great community. The LK community is dead. #YellyCuzJelly

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think my posting tone just comes off as "ASSSSHOLIO!!!!"
I just wanted to get some good ole' tactics out there.

This was just something I think about MORE when I play reptile... since i'm not using his shitty d3/d1 ever.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
B312 has no pushback at all. Dash is 6 frames there. Maybe 7. But its point blank.

You scrubtiles have a great community. The LK community is dead. #YellyCuzJelly
Yeah but d3 has pushback, we are talking about a b3 follow up after a d3. So depending on where you are when you do d3 and how far I get pushed back, the frame data could change.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think my posting tone just comes off as "ASSSSHOLIO!!!!"
I just wanted to get some good ole' tactics out there.

This was just something I think about MORE when I play reptile... since i'm not using his shitty d3/d1 ever.
I feel the same a lot of the time. It's not intentional I'm just posting what I know or my opinions lol.

His d3 is good if you can actually get it to hit. ;_;

What? If you are hit by a d3 while crouching you are like -10? you are dashing anything.
You know what, i think I'm just reading everything wrong right now lmao. I swear i understood it as this:
In the d3 game, you have to stand up to dash.
I swear we were talking elbow dash, and i was saying you can do it in crouch, after a d3 not hit. But I'm clearly mistaken haha, carry on compadre

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You know what, i think I'm just reading everything wrong right now lmao. I swear i understood it as this:
In the d3 game, you have to stand up to dash.
I swear we were talking elbow dash, and i was saying you can do it in crouch, after a d3 not hit. But I'm clearly mistaken haha, carry on compadre
It might've been a typo on my part, I'll go back and re-read it lol.

GGA Saucy Jack

Yeah but d3 has pushback, we are talking about a b3 follow up after a d3. So depending on where you are when you do d3 and how far I get pushed back, the frame data could change.
D3 on hit or block? B3 is 10 frames and it loses to dash straight up.

Lbsh...it all comes down to frame by frame execution. Perhaps mine is just terrible. #likely

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
D3 on hit or block? B3 is 10 frames and it loses to dash straight up.

Lbsh...it all comes down to frame by frame execution. Perhaps mine is just terrible. #likely
On hit. If d3 hits LK is +3 right? So if b3 is 10 frames I shouldn't be able to dash easily. More times than not you will probably stuff it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
lol, maybe everyone is talking about different things lol.
dash and elbow dash is kind of an interchangeable word to me haha
Oh I see what you thought, no all I meant was if you are going to try to dash after being hit by a d3 you better do it standing because crouching you are hella negative.

GGA Saucy Jack

On hit. If d3 hits LK is +3 right? So if b3 is 10 frames I shouldn't be able to dash easily. More times than not you will probably stuff it.
+3 vs stand yea.

Howzabout dis....i think i saw youre going to FR...lets run a super casual set where you pretend liu kang has Sindels normals. No respect. I bet you will be alright.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
+3 vs stand yea.

Howzabout dis....i think i saw youre going to FR...lets run a super casual set where you pretend liu kang has Sindels normals. No respect. I bet you will be alright.
Very well I will turn you into a reptile killer.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Now that we are done talking about the Poke metagame.
Let's talk Sindel.
I have no idea what this is. I've played like...5 games against Sindel max maybe.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Now that we are done talking about the Poke metagame.
Let's talk Sindel.
I have no idea what this is. I've played like...5 games against Sindel max maybe.
I personally think 6-4 its a better version of the LK MU in my opinion. The only thing Reptile has to watch out for are angled fireballs.