What's new

Strategy Now That's What I Call An Entrance -- Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Seapeople

This one's for you
I do not remember this being the case. Maybe it's just not working on Catwoman?

Also, dashing in allows you to mix up F2D13 again to katch backdashes. And being neutral means that if they mess up it's on them.
I might just be understanding you wrong. Straight arrow is +3 on block so it gives you a free d1 check against any character (unless they backdash or use armor).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I might just be understanding you wrong. Straight arrow is +3 on block so it gives you a free d1 check against any character (unless they backdash or use armor).

Oh, no. I didn't mean that. Now that I realize it, I did explain it wrong.

F2D13~[4] Dash

[] = Hold

Much better notation. I'll use that next time.

That's why kancel advantage is a big factor. If the kancel advantage is nerfed even 1 frame F2D13[4] Dash becomes minus since it is neutral in the 1.04 patch and prior to that..

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Huh...apparently some of the Bane fast stand technology is universal. Might be a good way to get some damage with Green Arrow.

Basically folks splat if you F3 into like B3 or another F3 and what have you...the F and B 3's done back to back force folks to fall flat for a hard knockdown and end your combo.

However, the Bane folks have been doing something for awhile and apparently its universal. If you hit the second move on the last frame they instantly stand up after the knockdown with you at frame advantage to get a reset.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/splat-standing-reset-tech.31948/

Check the damage on Green Arrow. F3, F3 Throw=30% since F3 F3 is 19% and Throw is 11% I'm certain we could get more than just throw though after this. Hell even if you did a 113 combo you could get a good deal off of this though grabs are likely the safest things to throw after the wakeup. Nothing is guaranteed damage as you are simply at frame advantage with this so count your frames here and try to use something fast. If we work ice arrow into this...well...gg.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
What is Green Arrow classified as?

He's not a TRUE zoner. He really isn't a rush-down character either. He more or less plays keep away and takes advantage of mistakes.

Just a question...

shaowebb

In and out pressure character. Basically you can punish most approaches to get in so you can play defensive when needed. He also has tools to help him exit if a blockstring doesn't look like its going to end in a hit and that lets him go in and out safely enough. Pressure is his game, but I guess if I was to call him anything I'd call him a "punish/reset "character if I wanted to be the most accurate because in terms of rushdown there are better and in terms of zoning there are better.

Basically if you are a player who tends to make most of your moves based on reading the opponent or trying to influence their actions he is a guy I feel you will enjoy.

shaowebb

Been messing with the splat stand thing with Green Arrow where you double F3 for a chance at a reset...this thing is hard as nails to land consistently with him because his F3 is so delayed in its animation. Nightwing is pretty consistent with getting it for me, but damn its rough with the slower dudes. At least with Bane his is so slow that you can pretty much mash and the second one ends the other comes out perfect after his B3 for it, but Green Arrow has a slight delay between them thats tricky to get. I've hit it maybe 4 times out of 20 times in practice and a 1 in 5 odds of landing it tells me that my likelihood of using it is low...I just aint got the skills for that one on him. Some of you will probably have better reflexes though so have fun with it.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Been messing with the splat stand thing with Green Arrow where you double F3 for a chance at a reset...this thing is hard as nails to land consistently with him because his F3 is so delayed in its animation. Nightwing is pretty consistent with getting it for me, but damn its rough with the slower dudes. At least with Bane his is so slow that you can pretty much mash and the second one ends the other comes out perfect after his B3 for it, but Green Arrow has a slight delay between them thats tricky to get. I've hit it maybe 4 times out of 20 times in practice and a 1 in 5 odds of landing it tells me that my likelihood of using it is low...I just aint got the skills for that one on him. Some of you will probably have better reflexes though so have fun with it.
I see where your going with this. Greeeeeen Arrow. :D

shaowebb

I see where your going with this. Greeeeeen Arrow. :D
I work, I do CG, I do animation, and I mod...time to train? Yeah I dont have much. At least I know what tech is going on from my modding time here but knowing and having the time to train this stuff are two different things in my busy life.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I work, I do CG, I do animation, and I mod...time to train? Yeah I dont have much. At least I know what tech is going on from my modding time here but knowing and having the time to train this stuff are two different things in my busy life.
It was a marijuana reference you said "You "Hit it" 4 out of 20 times". So I made a "Green" Arrow weed joke.

shaowebb

It's ok. I'm disappointed I couldn't stir up a Harley Quinn/Green Arrow Rivalry with my earlier post. Where are all the GA players?
Offline :C
Dude's main strings become sketchy due to input latency online so he just sort of falls off unless folks got locals to play him in.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Oh god.. chris is making GA get nerfs again... Because he can block:/

Wth is this... are the community ganging up to get GA nerfed?:p PL not even using his mains....

TimTim

Don't Hate
I'm praying to god GA doesn't get nerfed more. Sim Sim you said it best.
Chris G has the most godlike blocks and reactions. Nobody on these forums can compete.
Please for the love of god give GA a couple of buffs with his reset nerfs and maybe a couple of new costumes.
New 52 plz?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I'm praying to god GA doesn't get nerfed more. Sim Sim you said it best.
Chris G has the most godlike blocks and reactions. Nobody on these forums can compete.
Please for the love of god give GA a couple of buffs with his reset nerfs and maybe a couple of new costumes.
New 52 plz?

Don't hold your breath for GA buffs when Chris keeps winning majors:p But at least he is getting the fixes like lower hurtbox when doing low arrows!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What are some of his best wakeups.

What are the best followups to a regular arrow hitting? I read it was +10 but wouldn't that mean you could d1 arrow d1 arrow over and over?

shaowebb

The wakeups I go for are bow spin and savage blast. Savage blast is a great GTFO move unless your up against someone like Bane who has an armored dash or Doomsday with his own armored dash. I also straight up wakeup with B3 and armor it up as well.

shaowebb

Okay I gotta know...is D1 safe enough to just do an arrow load after? I was watching Maximillian take on Flexcy on his channel and the dude kept getting it on him point blank. Honestly Max looks to have lost to D1 conversions period.

What normals can just simply arrow load like this afterwards?

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Okay I gotta know...is D1 safe enough to just do an arrow load after? I was watching Maximillian take on Flexcy on his channel and the dude kept getting it on him point blank. Honestly Max looks to have lost to D1 conversions period.

What normals can just simply arrow load like this afterwards?
NO! Never D1 into a load... you will get blown the *expletive* up.

I load with
b23 after d1
d2 (confirm)
b21 (confirm)
cross up: ji3, 223
and 223 is safe enough to hit it standing
111 is pretty good too but I have a hard time getting the last input to hit every time from ji3
on the cross ups, if you do the full input and the last input of the initial string does not hit, the string will not cancel into the load, in other words, make sure to confirm the final hit before loading arrow and if you miss db2 back dash load... unless you are playing against Black Adam (those douches over there :p)