What's new

Match-up Discussion LBSH Cyrax is Broken Mu Chart

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Somebody is going to have to prove me wrong but it won't be easy. I know baraka and csz also and both of them don't have enough tools to stop this broken yellow machine.
I have to get a CSZ gauntlet going at the next major. We have to get this blue bastard straightened out

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
He wins the match, and I'm almost positive we both feel the same about the match-up. I just don't think you truly understand what a 7-3 match is supposed to be.

I mean, you have 9-1 match-ups. That's unrealistic dude... lol

Believe me, a 6-4 win is actually pretty good.
yes there are 9-1 mus like sub vs kenshi. can you tell me what sub can do to win that match besides make godlike reads. yes cyrax destroys a lot of the cast. yeah i know 7-3. but people get confused by a good player making a bad mu look good. he's broken and rain vs rax is 7-3

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
LBSH no one on the West Coast plays Baraka as well as me or Tetra. I know Dab's been playing Cyrax lately, and I've been playing him online a lot too. Ask him if he thinks it's 7-3.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Tell you what, If you can honestly tell me that I could pick him up and win a tournament, I will start working on him.

But I am not talking trolling. I am talking seriousness.
Unfortunately he doesnt do well against kabal and kenshi who are always in top 3. He fights KL pretty well and and raiden as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Baraka 7-3
CSZ 7-3
Ermac 7-3
Freddy 5-5
Jade 7-3
Jax 5-5
J.Cage 7-3
Kabal 3-7
Kano 9-1
Kenshi 7-3
Kitana 5-5
Kung Lao 7-3
Liu kang 5-5
Mileena 7-3
Nightwolf 8-2
Noob 7-3
Quan chi 7-3
Raiden 7-3
Rain 7-3
Reptile 7-3
Scorpion 8-2
Sektor 5-5
Shang 7-3
Sheeva 9-1
Sindel 7-3
Skarlet 5-5
Smoke 6-4
Sonya 5-5
Stryker 7-3
Sub-zero 7-3
Clearly this yellow death machine is top 5 and very broken

Flagg

Noob
Baraka is not 7-3 SomeCubanGuy will have something to say about that
CSZ is not 7-3 i agree with A F0xy Grampa please play a top CSZ before this. I play both characters and know them both inside out, CSZ can actually be very annoying once he has a life lead. And everyone needs to stop downplaying CSZ hes no where near as shitty as everyone makes him seem. No one has picked him up.
This multiplied by 1 million.

Since I found out from you that his B1 is +3 on block ive abused the hell out of that. I also found out from Sombreness, that a deep jip cancelled into a short dive kick leaves him at +6.

I think the only real weakness CSZ has is against air projectiles. Made worse by the fact he has a garbage teleport and no armour. If his teleport was improved or he had armour on Ex Ice, he would be on Sektors level at least.

People dont realise his rushdown is pretty decent and people like Kung Lao and Cage cant do dumb up close frame traps for free on him.

I sometimes wonder what he'd be like if his divekicks were like Sonyas.

BUT to get back on track, yes, Cyrax is a beast in this game. People dont realise how good his rush down is, and I HATE command grab.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Sheeva can't keep distance from rax. rax doesn't have to throw bombs or nets to win this match. Rax will get in. and he will destroy sheeva. this match is horrible for sheeva at the highest lvl. she can't zone or stomp him if he's waiting for it. its 9-2 8-2 minimum. this match is horrible offline
Like I said it seems really bad, but 9-1 means it's basically impossible to win. Just from any cyrax I've fought I've never had it just be completely futile. Maybe I'm just being too much of an optimist.

LEGEND

YES!
LBSH no one on the West Coast plays Baraka as well as me or Tetra. I know Dab's been playing Cyrax lately, and I've been playing him online a lot too. Ask him if he thinks it's 7-3.
Ahhem. . . I just have played Denzel's cyrax. And i'd also suggest that none of the Cyrax players you have fought are on the level of Denzel's (Hey, i can do it to :p )

Anyway you guys are missing a key factor here, This chart has a different view of what a 6-4 and 7-3 are. Every MU that would usually be called a Bad but manageable 4-6 is being put as 3-7, which is basically just rounding up from .5s.

You can't tell me that the Disadvantage in this MU will only effect ONE GAME in a set of 10, I know 3-7 seems like much but its not that unreasonable if you think about it

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think Johnny is 6-4 in Cyrax favor, I don't think its 7-3. Cyrax has lots of ways to fish for round critical damage/situations, even up close when being pressured. Also if Cyrax makes a mistake or a bad read its often B3 or F33 punish while if Johnny does its Breaker trap if he has meter or 80-100% if he doesn't. With that risk reward Cyrax can fish for the hit more often and its suicidal for JC to use EX nut punch.

Even considering all this I still don't feel it is 7-3 in cyrax favor.
you're a good player. you can make it look like its 6-4 johnny's favor but the only time johnny can win it is up close. and cyrax has all the tools to keep him away. and can also go on the offense vs johnny. I don't really see why it couldn't johnny is only close. that's it other than that what else can he do? he can't zone. I can see it heavily in cyrax's favor. cyrax can be way more riskier than johnny I think. 7-3 rax is broken