What's new

Match-up Discussion LBSH Cyrax is Broken Mu Chart

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
could be a little better for sheeva but what exactly can she do to make it better maybe 8-2 at minimum. rax can d4 under all her fireballs. air grab all stomps. abuse her hitbox and use every mixup possible. this match just seems too easy for rax
Well if timed right and reading the opponent when he's throwing out bombs from full screen you can ground stomp most times before he can recover. if he teleports you can d1 into air grab on reaction if he naked teleports. You can 4 into bf3 if he is doing wake up ragdolls to advance. Maybe these are just from the kind of matches I play not top level, its hard just doesn't seem 9-1 hard. I have way more trouble with a good Kung Lao, Sonya or Kabal than a good Cyrax. Just have to keep your distance so that he can't surprise you with a net.

na kl's air game is completely shut down. he can do no jump tele mixups at all he has to stay on the ground. he cant trade either. he can't take as many risks as rax. one spin equals 70-100%. lbsh rax vs lao is 7-3. lao playing defensive vs rax won't get him the win
I think Kl definitely loses to cyrax but I wouldnt go as far as 7-3. it should be clear though that kung laos teleport is not as important to his game like everyone thinks, kl can still destroy a lot of top characters with or without teleport.

can you break down the matchup like youve been doing in the kl matchup chart thread? btw appreciate you not downplaying cyrax. also can cyrax punish 21212 on block? remember you need to crouch block that string to have no pushback to be able to punish that string easier.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I hate to add to the broken record, but I've played Rain a lot against Krayzie, and I don't feel it's nearly as bad as the other 7-3's that you listed.

I mean look at

vs Reptile
vs Baraka
vs Stryker
vs Jade

Those matchups feel SO hopeless, with Rain at least:

1. He builds meter for breaker really fast.
2. He does TONS of meterless damage so he can save his meter for breaker. It also causes Cyrax to use breaker more, so he can't save as much for resets.
3. On reaction from fullscreen, lightning and teleport aren't too bad against net, so it isn't that free from that distance.

I think it's 6-4 really, you just can't say it's on par with those other matchups.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Well if timed right and reading the opponent when he's throwing out bombs from full screen you can ground stomp most times before he can recover. if he teleports you can d1 into air grab on reaction if he naked teleports. You can 4 into bf3 if he is doing wake up ragdolls to advance. Maybe these are just from the kind of matches I play not top level, its hard just doesn't seem 9-1 hard. I have way more trouble with a good Kung Lao, Sonya or Kabal than a good Cyrax. Just have to keep your distance.
Sheeva can't keep distance from rax. rax doesn't have to throw bombs or nets to win this match. Rax will get in. and he will destroy sheeva. this match is horrible for sheeva at the highest lvl. she can't zone or stomp him if he's waiting for it. its 9-2 8-2 minimum. this match is horrible offline

EGP Wonder_Chef

Also I feel like Ermac gives him considerably more trouble than you listed.

Sindel I feel is 6-4 because at the very least she wins fullscreen.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I hate to add to the broken record, but I've played Rain a lot against Krayzie, and I don't feel it's nearly as bad as the other 7-3's that you listed.

I mean look at

vs Reptile
vs Baraka
vs Stryker
vs Jade

Those matchups feel SO hopeless, with Rain at least:

1. He builds meter for breaker really fast.
2. He does TONS of meterless damage so he can save his meter for breaker. It also causes Cyrax to use breaker more, so he can't save as much for resets.
3. On reaction from fullscreen, lightning and teleport aren't too bad against net, so it isn't that free from that distance.

I think it's 6-4 really, you just can't say it's on par with those other matchups.
Thats nice but rax doesn't have to throw nets to destroy rain. can take more risks than rain. better offense and mixups. Rain loses 7-3 its bad for rain. Rain has to work way harder than rax to win. 7-3 are very manageable in this game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I dunno man, the Jade matchup is definitely in Cyrax's favour. Not sure if it's a 3-7 tho.

I will have to run that matchup more.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Also I feel like Ermac gives him considerably more trouble than you listed.

Sindel I feel is 6-4 because at the very least she wins fullscreen.
ermac is no trouble at all just zoning. rax destroys ermac up close. say with sindel just zoning. up close rax destroys sindel. these 7-3 mus. these characters can't keep up with Cyrax's brokeness.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Thats nice but rax doesn't have to throw nets to destroy rain. can take more risks than rain. better offense and mixups. Rain loses 7-3 its bad for rain. Rain has to work way harder than rax to win. 7-3 are very manageable in this game.
Yeah that's why it's a 6-4 though.

I mean how are you gonna list it the same as jade who has to make one million right guesses to win and one wrong guess to lose, where Rain can at least win off of 2 or 3 correct guesses?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I dunno man, the Jade matchup is definitely in Cyrax's favour. Not sure if it's a 3-7 tho.

I will have to run that matchup more.
Rax can be so risky against jade. Jade can be outplaying rax so well but then the jade player makes that one mistake and its over. she doesn't get enough damage. I feel cyrax has better mixups. he doesn't have to throw nets or bombs really. just get in. jade really can't waste too much meter either because dem resets. he's just a broken character. jade really isn't a problem offline for rax.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Rain is actually one of the few characters that can deal with Cyrax in the footsie department. His damage is nice, and trades aren't as easy for Cyrax.

He still loses, but the outcome of the match is Cyrax winning 6-4.
na I feel cyrax destroys rain 7-3. cyrax doesn't really need to trade. rain can't zone him. the only thing rain can do to rax is footsies. but that isn't enough to make it 6-4. 7-3 rax this machine is broken. rain doesn't stand a chance.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Rax can be so risky against jade. Jade can be outplaying rax so well but then the jade player makes that one mistake and its over. she doesn't get enough damage. I feel cyrax has better mixups. he doesn't have to throw nets or bombs really. just get in. jade really can't waste too much meter either because dem resets. he's just a broken character. jade really isn't a problem offline for rax.
I agree for sure that he outdamages the living shit out of her, but Jade has more freedom with horizontal space than any other character. Cyrax
s d4 gives her problems tho. I am not saying it's not 3-7, I would just like to run it more. I could definitely see it tho :)

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I agree for sure that he outdamges the living shit out of her, but Jade has more freedom with horizontal space than any other character. Cyrax
s d4 gives her problems tho. I am not saying it's not 3-7, I would just like to run it more. I could definitely see it tho :)
yeah plus 7-3 are super manageable in this game when you have a good player playing a character.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Baraka is not 7-3 SomeCubanGuy will have something to say about that
CSZ is not 7-3 i agree with A F0xy Grampa please play a top CSZ before this. I play both characters and know them both inside out, CSZ can actually be very annoying once he has a life lead. And everyone needs to stop downplaying CSZ hes no where near as shitty as everyone makes him seem. No one has picked him up.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Cyrax, according to this chart, is the second best character in the game, with predominately 7-3 match-ups and only one bad match-up. Sheesh.
this machine is absolutely broken with the exception of kabal being the most broken in the game. but kenshi is pretty broken too.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Johnny is 6-4 in Cyrax favor, I don't think its 7-3. Cyrax has lots of ways to fish for round critical damage/situations, even up close when being pressured. Also if Cyrax makes a mistake or a bad read its often B3 or F33 punish while if Johnny does its Breaker trap if he has meter or 80-100% if he doesn't. With that risk reward Cyrax can fish for the hit more often and its suicidal for JC to use EX nut punch.

Even considering all this I still don't feel it is 7-3 in cyrax favor.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
na I feel cyrax destroys rain 7-3. cyrax doesn't really need to trade. rain can't zone him. the only thing rain can do to rax is footsies. but that isn't enough to make it 6-4. 7-3 rax this machine is broken. rain doesn't stand a chance.
He wins the match, and I'm almost positive we both feel the same about the match-up. I just don't think you truly understand what a 7-3 match is supposed to be.

I mean, you have 9-1 match-ups. That's unrealistic dude... lol

Believe me, a 6-4 win is actually pretty good.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
CSZ is not 7-3 i agree with A F0xy Grampa please play a top CSZ before this. I play both characters and know them both inside out, CSZ can actually be very annoying once he has a life lead. And everyone needs to stop downplaying CSZ hes no where near as shitty as everyone makes him seem. No one has picked him up.
Tell you what, If you can honestly tell me that I could pick him up and win a tournament, I will start working on him.

But I am not talking trolling. I am talking seriousness.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Somebody is going to have to prove me wrong but it won't be easy. I know baraka and csz also and both of them don't have enough tools to stop this broken yellow machine.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Rain doesn't get blown up that hard. the bomb Lightning trade isn't bad at all and nether is the net Lightning trade from full screen. between 4Rh, armor and all the meter he builds he can manage a footsies game fine.