What's new

Match-up Discussion Kung Lao Match-Up Chart December 2012

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
lao sonya is 5.5/6 - 4. no way is even
i play showtime's sonya . she takes away pretty much all of lao's options

showtime's sonya pretty much 3-0ed all top laos with ease..including cdj , forever king and more

so dont tell me this match is even. it is not very bad but slight advantage sonya

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
In my opinion KL vs Sonnya is 7-3 on sonnyas favor. KL all risk decent reward and sonnya 0 risk big reward. she out pokes him, she outzones him and she has bigger damage combos etc etc.

Plus standing resets for more brain-dead pressure with retarded safe mix ups and massive chip damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lao sonya is 5.5/6 - 4. no way is even
i play showtime's sonya . she takes away pretty much all of lao's options

showtime's sonya pretty much 3-0ed all top laos with ease..including cdj , forever king and more

so dont tell me this match is even. it is not very bad but slight advantage sonya
this is supposed to be a number based on equal skill

and when you disagree with something you generally say why and how

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Agreed with Cage and Kabal. Pretty accurate overall.

But Ermac doesn't have any disadvantage against Lao. At least I don't feel it. Kung Lao's mobility is kinda diminished because EVERY teleport can get at least lifted for full combo. Ermac can zone with TKP confortably, and eventually Kung has to commit himself to get something going. This is not me, but I'm pretty much sure that the whole Ermac community sees it as 5-5 or even 6-4 Ermac.
then you dont fight good kls.

teleport gets punished by full combo, thats not ermac exclusive

tkp is -11, free roll.

macs d3 is -2 on standing and kls d3 is so slow he doesnt have to poke with it

any normal of ermacs except d1 is slower than kls 21

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Agreed with Cage and Kabal. Pretty accurate overall.

But Ermac doesn't have any disadvantage against Lao. At least I don't feel it. Kung Lao's mobility is kinda diminished because EVERY teleport can get at least lifted for full combo. Ermac can zone with TKP confortably, and eventually Kung has to commit himself to get something going. This is not me, but I'm pretty much sure that the whole Ermac community sees it as 5-5 or even 6-4 Ermac.
I feel that ermac vs KL could be 5-5
Ermac can be annoying for Kung Lao yes. But I have pretty much fought the best of the best of Ermacs, Kung Lao has a slight advantage. Ermac is generally all about zoning and Lao is one of hardest characters in the game to zone.
Dat Mobility
Also up close once Kung gets in, his normals are all faster than Ermacs' and they are safe on block. Ermac has to guess when to poke out and possibly eat a spin. All of Ermac's normals are full combo punish on block

Deity

Noob
then you dont fight good kls.

teleport gets punished by full combo, thats not ermac exclusive

tkp is -11, free roll.

macs d3 is -2 on standing and kls d3 is so slow he doesnt have to poke with it

any normal of ermacs except d1 is slower than kls 21
tkp is -17 on block, just letting you know.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
FOREVER KING why do you think sub vs lao is 6-4 lao? I feel like its a little worse than that but it might be because I have no idea how to fight lao with sub

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
FOREVER KING I second the Sub Lao MU to be 7-3. One of the biggest problems in this MU is Subs corner game is basically useless since you can dk right out. Anyone with a get out of ”jail” free card will always give Sub problems, BIG problems.