What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Lol That's how much I use it. Reset into a massive frame trap into a 50/50. Why not use it alot lol.

And I don't mind spending two bars tbh. I'm infamous for doing mb cancels lol. She builds meter quick anyways and has a Meterless vortex so spending two bars doesn't bother me at all
If you do it 90% of the time is just going to lead to your opponent scouting you and push blocking the setup more often, better to keep them guessing in my opinion. I understand you can YOLO cancel on a read to MB F3, I would much less mind hit-confirming something I am going to use 2 bars on heh. To each his own though.

My favorite YOLO meter waste is dash up 111 MB F3 cancel for people that are trained to block for slide.

And am I the only one who thinks double f3s are hard? Lol. Well, not hard, but weird timing
Hmm not really. Not counting online, doing the 2nd one when the opponent falls just about KF's head should always connect. I like to go for the instant stand up sometimes, but the timing is super messed up. You gotta do the 2nd F3 really low. It's not like she has an advantage anyways, but its good for messing ppl up, and the window for wake-ups is almost non existent and it doesn't push them away, so you are right in their face.

About trait, when you have meter and after mb freeze. just TA and go b1 xx mb f3. It almost guaranteed to hit everyone on the 1st try. The 2nd time they will respect you with trait, so just go f3 or b1 xx slide.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Thanks! I hadn't thought of observing how they block the stand 3, and then using that to determine your next mix-up. That's interesting and I'll try it out. For what it's worth, I probably agree with Ribbz22 (I don't know how to tag people?) that 90% is too much. I think a number of characters have other options in addition to pushblock, which by itself is reason enough not to do this set up (if I were the opponent I'd push block every time ... 1 bar of meter instead of taking a corner 50/50 seems like a good deal to me). In terms of other options, KF frost can parry, Sinestro can trait shot if he has trait, and idk the other characters' options.

Trying to abuse other people's wakeups makes sense for the post knockdown airdash in some matchups. Not sure I buy the "mess up the opponent" or "variety" arguments though. Other than matchup unfamiliarity, the best you can hope for post knockdown is a 50/50 situation, which you already have so there's no need for gimmicks unless you think your opponent doesn't know what's going on.

(I hope no one gets defensive about this, this is meant to be constructive feedback)

RiBBz22

You could probably use lazor beam in FoS but it scales like crazy
Yeah we should come up with an optimal corner combo/trait combo in FOS with that zapppppppppppper thingy. I will mess with it after work today.

@xKhaoTik @RunwayMafia @Rickyraws @teh_kingdunch

My favorite thing to do is to activate it full screen off of a dagger juggle. So fun...You could probably even do something like dagger juggle, interactable, TA into U3 madness from full screen. I will mess with that too and post a video of what we can do later on.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I know before the patch after the hitting with the turbine on ferris you could do something like

Interactable,TA,mb iceberg,b3,jump2,u3,u3 etc.

Maybe now you can just do TA down+1,slide or something. It would of been sick if they never messed with her trait activation maybe just scaled the damage when you have trait tiny bit to balance it out :(

RiBBz22

I know before the patch after the hitting with the turbine on ferris you could do something like

Interactable,TA,mb iceberg,b3,jump2,u3,u3 etc.

Maybe now you can just do TA down+1,slide or something. It would of been sick if they never messed with her trait activation maybe just scaled the damage when you have trait tiny bit to balance it out :(
Yeah I wish they would have nerfed the recovery on charge and not activation since it killed some good TA setups

...but if they did that then you could still get 50-50's off block strings when you had the trait on the edge of being active.

So on FOS with the lazer/zapper/teleporter thingy. We can activate it when they are falling from the iceberg, so:

Full screen: iceberg, lazer, TA, u3 x 9 , 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx mb freeze, j2 2 - 44%
Corner : b1u3/f3, f113, f113 xx iceberg, lazer, TA, u3x8, f113 freeze mb, j2 f113 - 52%/50%, f113 111 xx slide, u3 for meterless, both keeping him in the corner

RiBBz22

So on FOS with the lazer/zapper/teleporter thingy. We can activate it when they are falling from the iceberg, so:

Full screen: iceberg, lazer, TA, u3 x 9 , 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx mb freeze, j2 2 - 44%
Corner : b1u3/f3, f113, f113 xx iceberg, lazer, TA, u3x8, f113 freeze mb, j2 f113 - 52%/50%, f113 111 xx slide, u3 for meterless, both keeping him in the corner
Yeah I like the full screen one that is definitely worth queuing up a trait for if you are in a MU where you can do it. I will mess around with it and post vids on here tonight.

I just freaking hate 2 into grab though, I will probably come up with a modification.
I use 2 xx grab all the time now, except in the corner. It's just universal and connects with all high dmg combos, plus I like to stick with 1 choice than to remember what works where. You can try 1 less u3 and finish with f112 or 22 x mb freeze, it should work.

Next is the turbine on Ferris. U3 connects after TA, but when the opponent is close it whiffs, so there are 2 options:

When the opponent is 3/4 to full screen away:

turbine, TA, u3x9 , 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 64%

When the opponent is closer than 3/4 of the screen:

turbine, TA, d2, u3x8, 11b2 xx slide, u3/2 xx freeze mb - 50% ( right next to the red box interactable)
turbine, TA, d2, u3x7, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 48%( back in the corner)
turbine, TA, d2, u3x5, f112 ( 4 hits) slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 48% (back in the corner)

You can use d2 anywhere, so I'll probably just stick with it. The timing is easy and the damage is still good. U3 is too inconsistent and the timing is tight.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Forgive me if this has already been known, but It's much easier landing u3 combos by just holding U, then pressing 3. I'm having a much better time keeping the opponent juggled higher with this tactic. Works wonders with trait too.

I also found a FOS TA combo. J2, b1u3, u3x2, f113 iceberg, Laser, TA, u3x8, 22 grab, nj2 2. I believe it did 53%. You can add another u3 then do 2 slide, 2 grab for more damage, but you'll lose the corner positioning.

And also, forgive me if this was already known as Well, but KFs trait mainly functions as "links", like in Street fighter series. For example, KFs d1 is +11 on hit, meaning she can link any attack That's 11f or faster and the combo will still continue. Lol the game says it leaves the opponent frozen for a bit but all It's really doing is letting you perform links. That's why f113x5 works in the corner because f113 is +20 on hit and f1 starts up in 13f.

We gotta mess around with TA combos on the metropolis street stage. That tank may help. I was fooling around with it earlier and she can definitely activated trait during the tank gun shots, but I couldn't follow up. I'm also hella tired so I didn't bother much with it lol

So next in line is the Metropolis street tank. I was messing with it and it's best to activate it at the start of a combo, it just doesn't work with TA in combos with too much hit stun. So here is what I came up with:

1. Slide ( Either raw slide or f113 xx slide)

slide, tank, TA, u3x9, 22 xx freeze mb, j2 2 - 46% ( with j2, f113 xx slide - 53%)
slide, tank, TA, u3x10 - 45% ( with j2, f113 xx slide - 52%)

2. d2

d2, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx freze mb, j2 2 - 41%
d2, TA, u3x7, f112 (4 hits) slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 40% ( keeping the opponent in the corner, 1 less u3 if you're facing left )
d2, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 40% ( 1 less u3 to keep the opponent in the corner, depending on which side you landed the d2)

3. b1u3/f3

b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx freeze mb, j2 2 - 53%/52%
b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x8, f113 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 52%/51%/ ( keeping the opponent in the corner, 1 lesss u3 if you're facing right)
b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 53%/51% ( 1 less u3 to keep the opponent in the corner, depending on which side you landed the combo)

It's an awesome interactable for TA for sure. What do you guys think?

RiBBz22

So next in line is the Metropolis street tank. I was messing with it and it's best to activate it at the start of a combo, it just doesn't work with TA in combos with too much hit stun. So here is what I came up with:

1. Slide ( Either raw slide or f113 xx slide)

slide, tank, TA, u3x9, 22 xx freeze mb, j2 2 - 46% ( with j2, f113 xx slide - 53%)
slide, tank, TA, u3x10 - 45% ( with j2, f113 xx slide - 52%)

2. d2

d2, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx freze mb, j2 2 - 41%
d2, TA, u3x7, f112 (4 hits) slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 40% ( keeping the opponent in the corner, 1 less u3 if you're facing left )
d2, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 40% ( 1 less u3 to keep the opponent in the corner, depending on which side you landed the d2)

3. b1u3/f3

b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx freeze mb, j2 2 - 53%/52%
b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x8, f113 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 52%/51%/ ( keeping the opponent in the corner, 1 lesss u3 if you're facing right)
b1u3/f3, tank, TA, u3x9, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 53%/51% ( 1 less u3 to keep the opponent in the corner, depending on which side you landed the combo)

It's an awesome interactable for TA for sure. What do you guys think?
Yeah I was messing with some of these last night and was just playing around with the b1u3 and f3 variants. D2 and slide are smart to have in your back pocket too. Another one I was working on last night with the same combos was at Batcave Lagoon when the opponent gets stuck in the power wires.

Yeah I was messing with some of these last night and was just playing around with the b1u3 and f3 variants. D2 and slide are smart to have in your back pocket too. Another one I was working on last night with the same combos was at Batcave Lagoon when the opponent gets stuck in the power wires.
All her starters are working with the tank into TA, it's just awesome. Interesting about the wires, I'll mess with it later.