What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
OK, I just got home and in my quest to avoid 11b2 grab you can do:

b1u3 f3 2 111 grab MB j2 f113 for 35%

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Hey guys we should start using TA combos again. A free +60% Meterless/metered vortex is way too much to give up IMO. Like runway said, just act like Sinestro players and charge the trait up to the tip. Ending combos with 11b2 4 works as Well against a majority of the cast that doesn't have a wake-up that will interrupt it.

And am I the only one who thinks double f3s are hard? Lol. Well, not hard, but weird timing

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Hey guys we should start using TA combos again. A free +60% Meterless/metered vortex is way too much to give up IMO. Like runway said, just act like Sinestro players and charge the trait up to the tip. Ending combos with 11b2 4 works as Well against a majority of the cast that doesn't have a wake-up that will interrupt it.

And am I the only one who thinks double f3s are hard? Lol. Well, not hard, but weird timing
Timing's hella weird, yeah. And ditto on the TA combos. I've been storing trait for 3 main uses:

1) mb.parry, TA, go HAM
2) mb.freeze, TA, 50/50, did it hit? go HAM
3) 111(or any grounded string)~mb.iceberg, TA, d1~slide, go HAM

EDIT: working on a corner combo too that goes something like f3/b1u3, 11b2~TA, d1~slide....

RiBBz22

They aren't that bad, but yeah kinda weird timing...especially online I whiff a few when I try for unclashable...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
@xKhaoTik
No… you aren't the only one… it's def an odd and quick timing.

Just the other day it dawned on me that we posses this awesome trait that we hardly use. It's just such a pain the ass to get it out and fully capitalize on… I like things to be guaranteed…

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Had two KF questions i was hoping someone could help me with (she's my secondary):
1. Why do some KFs go for the standing 3 after the vortex in the corner? after the freeze -> f113, you have more than enough frame advantage to do the 50/50, and the standing 3 seems like you are just giving your opponent a chance to get out (push block, some character specific stuff, etc.)
2. Why do some KFs go for airdash -> jump in after a knockdown? I feel like it's not all that ambiguous and competent opponents pretty much always block it. Wouldn't the 50/50 be better?

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Had two KF questions i was hoping someone could help me with (she's my secondary):
1. Why do some KFs go for the standing 3 after the vortex in the corner? after the freeze -> f113, you have more than enough frame advantage to do the 50/50, and the standing 3 seems like you are just giving your opponent a chance to get out (push block, some character specific stuff, etc.)
2. Why do some KFs go for airdash -> jump in after a knockdown? I feel like it's not all that ambiguous and competent opponents pretty much always block it. Wouldn't the 50/50 be better?
1. they dumb
2. i'd like to believe it can help mess up inputs(which will catch opponents not blocking if they're trying to wakeup and can't. i'm not sure if it does though haven't tested.) if you cross up and with certain setups i think it's tough to block. personally I just like mixups so doing the same 50/50 every single time gets stale to me. 50/50 might be more efficient especially with meter.

RiBBz22

Yes you are giving them the chance to push block, but this is more of a mind game. A lot of the time you can 1) see the way they are blocking before you go into your mixup, and 2) use it to catch people off guard that think they might be done blocking the initial mixup...and then they get hit by the follow-up. Also, it is a nice FU to your opponent making them feel like they are trapped and are helpless against you. Also, if they don't have meter then you might as well just do it. Some people try to get cute and let go of block to get hit by a standing 3 if you telegraph it, so you need to be ready to hit-confirm it into slide.

Air dash mixups I just use to keep people on their toes. I think it is good to work different methods of approaching your opponent into your gameplan, even if her air dash isn't that great. For example, in the meterless vortex 1 form of crossing up is early dashing under your opponent and crossing them up with a jump 3...Another way to do this is to dash under jump away air-dash towards into a jump attack. It still crosses up it is just a different method of approach. I will normally hide the setup by doing the same thing by air-dashing away to chuck daggers/get full screen so my opponent sees something else first.

Last edited:

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure F113, 3 in the corner is a frame trap, and is only applying more pressure and an extra hit that can be hit confirmed into slide while still staying advantageous enough to follow up with 50/50 if blocked. But I don't do it (intentionally, anyway) so I cant be certain.

I do air dash more than is probably appropriate, since most characters can D1 her out, but an instant air dash while close enough and if the opponent has JUST fallen, can be effective. But I find more often than not jumping is not really suited for KF

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
1. Standing 3 in the corner grants a ton of block advantage (like +21) with out the push back. Thus it's just yet ANOTHER option/tool/mix up starter. If you throw it out sparingly they wont know to push block it. It's also a great way to see immediately how the opponent just blocked...it's a great mind game that doesn't put you in harm.

Yes...you could always just go for the standard 50/50 but against other humans...variety can mess them up.

2.) After a knockdown you should always dash in and either A.) wait and bait a wake up and punish if applicable, or B.) go into the F3/B1/Slide. However, sometimes the air dash can confuse the opponent...they might think you are simply going to jump towards them and then go for an anti air, thus your air dash may allow for you to punish. Sometimes it fumbles their positioning (if you are fast with it) and you get a free combo. Also, if they stand block a deep jump 3, you can go for either F3 or slide...more mix ups.

TL;DR- Variety is never bad.

xKhaoTik

you think it's that good to use it every time as a staple? i don't think it's bad but it hasn't done much for me so idk.
I use it 90% of the time after f113 in the corner. It's atleast +15, which grants a guaranteed slide or a 4f f3. The mixup cannot be avoided, you have to guess. After a standing 3, you basically see if the opponent is blocking high or low and you can go for the mixup of your choice.

If you are reading a Pushblock, you can just cancel it to mbf3

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
I use it 90% of the time after f113 in the corner. It's atleast +15, which grants a guaranteed slide or a 4f f3. The mixup cannot be avoided, you have to guess. After a standing 3, you basically see if the opponent is blocking high or low and you can go for the mixup of your choice.

alright thanks I'll use it more often. I heavily base my KF on what you do/post lol.

yeah i started using her trait again in every match, after quite a bit of zoning i charge it up and after grab if fully charge it and go for cross 3 slide u3 while my trait is active and by that time my meter charges and i go for another vortex if not then use the last u3 and dash and go for whatever. i believe that doomsday is dead when u parry him in his trait and then attack with frosts trait while his trait is active, i find it highly useful. and i want your advice on this guys... rarely i do this after her grab if i have no meter, i d1 and then throw them then backdash, zone to get my meter up... should i be doing this or no... it worked whenever i did it. so..

xKhaoTik

11B2 grab is so weird lol. I can do it about 80% of the time. Is there an alternate input? I do (literally) 1 1 b2 DBF2. After 11, I take a slight pause then input b2dbf2 all at once lol

xKhaoTik

yeah i started using her trait again in every match, after quite a bit of zoning i charge it up and after grab if fully charge it and go for cross 3 slide u3 while my trait is active and by that time my meter charges and i go for another vortex if not then use the last u3 and dash and go for whatever. i believe that doomsday is dead when u parry him in his trait and then attack with frosts trait while his trait is active, i find it highly useful. and i want your advice on this guys... rarely i do this after her grab if i have no meter, i d1 and then throw them then backdash, zone to get my meter up... should i be doing this or no... it worked whenever i did it. so..

Wait I'm confused. You d1 after mb grab? Why not do the reset?

RiBBz22

lol 90% is a bit much, cowboy. Using 2 bars of meter on a read is not a good way to go IMO. If they decide to block high and block all of it I would be salty.

RiBBz22

11B2 grab is so weird lol. I can do it about 80% of the time. Is there an alternate input? I do (literally) 1 1 b2 DBF2. After 11, I take a slight pause then input b2dbf2 all at once lol
Yeah it sucks man, I can get it 100% of the time by itself...but for some reason I have a mental block when I do it after an U3 in the corner to where I can only get the combo to connect like 50% of the time...Online is out of the question.

I just do a deliberate 11 b2dbf2. The b2dbf2 is like the around the world motion lol.

RiBBz22

to mix it up and throw people off guard. i mean yeah... i fight with resets and if i want to gain meter and zone a bit?
People will just say thank you that you let them out of KF's best tool. Go for the 50-50, it is safe.

xKhaoTik

lol 90% is a bit much, cowboy. Using 2 bars of meter on a read is not a good way to go IMO. If they decide to block high and block all of it I would be salty.

Lol That's how much I use it. Reset into a massive frame trap into a 50/50. Why not use it alot lol.

And I don't mind spending two bars tbh. I'm infamous for doing mb cancels lol. She builds meter quick anyways and has a Meterless vortex so spending two bars doesn't bother me at all