What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost 33/33/33 Vortex

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
You do realize you can block the cross-up on reaction every time... it doesn't even factor into the 50/50 at all. That is the same as the batman reset, he can do j2 into cross-up j2 if he wants, but a good player blocks it every time just like your j3.
With batman you have to take into account his jump arc and he has to be falling down to land his j2. With mine it is a j3 done when killer frost is rising. Seeing as j2 is +22 on hit and the j3 cannot be interrupted the cross up j3 happens in less than 22 frames. I would guess that batman's cross up occurs in at least 10 more frames.

Besides, Scorpion's vortex was 21 frames if I am not mistaken and that was very difficult to react to. The jump has a more distinct animation though, making it easier to block.

EDIT: nope scorpion's vortex was 17/18 frames.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
vortex in the strictest terms means only off knockdown, which I think Cossner is referencing
I don't know who added the knockdown element... but that really doesn't matter. A vortex is an endless combo loop where you end a combo and force them to guess a mixup (usually a 50/50) that puts them back into a combo that leads into the same mixup at the end. Usually the combo does significant damage as well.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I don't know who added the knockdown element... but that really doesn't matter. A vortex is an endless combo loop where you end a combo and force them to guess a mixup (usually a 50/50) that puts them back into a combo that leads into the same mixup at the end. Usually the combo does significant damage as well.
No... that's a 50/50... This community defines it like that since they misunderstood what Scorpion's actual Vortex is... which is fine, I think, since definitions change all the time.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
No... that's a 50/50... This community defines it like that since they misunderstood what Scorpion's actual Vortex is... which is fine, I think, since definitions change all the time.
A 50/50 is just a mixup in which they have to guess between two options, effectively giving you a 50% chance of opening up your opponent. A vortex usually ends in forcing a 50/50 mixup on your opponent. Vortex's can involve 50/50's, but 50/50's don't necessarily result in a vortex.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Vocket
I like the intractable concept. @EmpDark is really good at doing a jump in 2 and into an immediate JI3 crossup...and it's very effective.
And lol at the people in this thread saying the second she leaves the ground a "good player" will react every time. No...it's a guess none the less especially since the jump 3 is instant and still hits as a cross up. The opponent will either be holding down...back....or in this instance, forward.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Vocket
I like the intractable concept. @EmpDark is really good at doing a jump in 2 and into an immediate JI3 crossup...and it's very effective.
And lol at the people in this thread saying the second she leaves the ground a "good player" will react every time. No...it's a guess none the less especially since the jump 3 is instant and still hits as a cross up. The opponent will either be holding down...back....or in this instance, forward.
im not quite sure how much more of this nonsense I can take.the guess is the slide or the overhead the j3 you can actually see.

RunwayMafia

im not quite sure how much more of this nonsense I can take.the guess is the slide or the overhead the j3 you can actually see.
I'm sure you can take much more. Why on earth do some of you get so uptight about a VARIATION of a mix up? I'm not really a cookie cutter kind of guy so I appreciate when people propose these types of variants. The instant jump 3 is faster than you are alluding...clearly from his video this isn't the run of the mill FULL JUMP OVER their head and she kicks the back of their knees, lol.

Vocket

I played a KF player who was attempting to so the j3 crossup thing. It hit me once. After that, I blocked it everytime. It can be reacted to.
Playing KF online I was able to do j3 cross up thing with it working most of the time. How can you say "It can be reacted to", yet you were still hit by it once? You should see my newest video where if you are near an interactable you can create an ambiguous j3 scenario.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It is fast, yes... but once her feet leave the ground, you know where to block. Seeing a jump animation is 10x easier than seeing the variation between f3/slide which you guess block.

On another note... if I am guess blocking low for the slide and you do the instant j3 which hits me in front... I don't care because you can't combo off of a sharp j3 and I take 11% but am out of the mixup.

Vocket ... did you read what you posted?? Online where everything is a guess and a 20f move becomes 10f due to latency.

Vocket

It is fast, yes... but once her feet leave the ground, you know where to block. Seeing a jump animation is 10x easier than seeing the variation between f3/slide which you guess block.

On another note... if I am guess blocking low for the slide and you do the instant j3 which hits me in front... I don't care because you can't combo off of a sharp j3 and I take 11% but am out of the mixup.

Vocket ... did you read what you posted?? Online where everything is a guess and a 20f move becomes 10f due to latency.
Online is not too bad but I know most consider it illegitimate for tournament play. If you do j3 near an air interactable you can link into the divekick to do 25%, even if it was a sharp j3. You can also delay that instant j3 to make it cross up.

I still don't see why a jump animation is 10x easier, but if the opponent is blocking it every time then I too would stop doing it.

RunwayMafia

The reason I support this is because NO ONE is saying "Hey, this is better than the standard 50/50", or "Hey, do this option INSTEAD". I'm sure this wasn't your point to showing this...it's merely an extra option. And quite frankly, when you master a character it's nice to know every little thing you can do. So I support any non-linear sense of thinking and innovation.

If you came in here saying THIS IS BETTER or THIS IS THE NEW SETUP then yes, I would understand the criticism.

Clark

Hides behind armor
I guess I don't see the mixup. The original 50/50 is unreactable, its a pure guess. This cross up jump 3 is very reactable, and will always cross up, and if I block it, you're at frame disadvantage so you lose pressure. It seems, in every way, worse than her other options. Am I missing something?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
after the mb grab u can't block either the slide or overhead on reaction because u can't see them coming its a guess.u know a cross over j3 is coming because u can see she leaves the ground.
If you're trying to look for a slide or overhead you'll react slowly to the jump. How do people not get that adding an extra option so the opponent has to think more is useful?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I'm sure you can take much more. Why on earth do some of you get so uptight about a VARIATION of a mix up? I'm not really a cookie cutter kind of guy so I appreciate when people propose these types of variants. The instant jump 3 is faster than you are alluding...clearly from his video this isn't the run of the mill FULL JUMP OVER their head and she kicks the back of their knees, lol.
i never said it wasn't fast and I do think that once in a blue moon it will proberly catch people off guard but the fact is you can see the jump.im not trying to shit on anybody or their ideas either.just out of curiosity what's j3 on block? is there some ridiculous block advantage I don't know about or something?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I guess I don't see the mixup. The original 50/50 is unreactable, its a pure guess. This cross up jump 3 is very reactable, and will always cross up, and if I block it, you're at frame disadvantage so you lose pressure. It seems, in every way, worse than her other options. Am I missing something?
The original isn't unreactable, If you have another thing to think about you'll react more slowly.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
If you're trying to look for a slide or overhead you'll react slowly to the jump. How do people not get that adding an extra option so the opponent has to think more is useful?
u don't look for the slide or overhead because there too fast to see,you guess.my point is you can see the jump.i don't really understand how I can make it any clearer tbh.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
lmfao! wow dude u must be a fucking Jedi then if u can see frosts slide or overhead and block it on reaction after mb grab. Ur tooo fucking funny man.
I guess every good Guilty Gear player and P4u player is a Jedi then. There is way harder shit to block in those games than blocking low and reacting to a 19 frame overhead.
I see where your coming from now though. Since you aren't reacting and just guessing and hoping you picked right, an extra option that is the only thing you're looking out for wouldn't seem like much.

Vocket

j3 is neutral on block unless done really early in which case it is minus.