What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost 33/33/33 Vortex

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
After doing a j2 on an opponent after grab you have enough advantage to do a cross over j3. As shown in the video below it cannot be interrupted and is safe on block.
Superman was set to reversal with super and auto block.

Here is the loop using the new mixup option.

I was thinking about how to counter those who rely on the visual cue of jumping to block the cross up j3. Turns out you can make j3 hit on the same side by delaying the jump in after j2 a teensy bit.

If you do j3 near an interactable it deals 25%, which makes it somewhat viable considering it is damage from a 33/33/33 and the divekick is neutral on block. You can then mix it up with a cross up j3 that is full combo.

Sorry for doing unoptimized combos I don't main her.

AK Pig Of The Hut
zaf
GGA 16 Bit
RiBBz22
xKhaoTik
beef_supreme
Konqrr
RunwayMafia
@other kf players I don't know

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yup! I fully support this tech because it adds just another varied option on how to initiate the mix up. I'm sure there will be other players saying "well, you could just do this...or why wouldn't you just do this", but you have to mix up the intro's to the mix up's in other fashions. I posted a video that is similar to this (same concept) and Konqrr basically bent me over his knee and spanked me ;)

I posted this video a month or so ago basically illustrating the same concept and it has worked when used sparingly and in the heat of battle:

I like it and I urge Killer Frost players to utiliyze different approaches...you'd be amazed at how effective you can be when you aren't playing like a flowchart. ;)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
The opponent has to guess between blocking back, down, or forward with this new option.
not really because as soon as they see you jump forward they'd just block the j3.unless there's some sort of ridiculous advantage off a blocked j3 I don't know about?

BCE

Noob
vortex = after some combo or knockdown, you use some attacks to force the opponent to guess which side to block, like ibuki kunai vortex in sf4

you are just showing that killer frost have enough frame advantage to jump over and attack, this is not a vortex, the guess-block-side game dont apply in here, the same thing with scorpion standing 223 teleport or GL lift MB dash + overhead/slide, these are not vortex, are just resets.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
vortex = after some combo or knockdown, you use some attacks to force the opponent to guess which side to block, like ibuki kunai vortex in sf4.
there are different kinds of vortex not just left right. it could be high low as well.
vortex=guess out of series of options. you guess wrong and you're back in the same situation.
vortex=specific kind of reset.

Vocket

Ok some of you are not understanding. After the j2 the cross over j3 is guaranteed. They can't backdash, and they can't super. That means that killer frost can always do the additional mixup of cross up j3 in addition to slide and f3. As for those saying they can react to it good luck j3 is 16 frames and jumping forward is about 3 so you have 20 frames to choose between blocking left, right, or down.

The j3 also leads back to grab so that is why it is a vortex

RunwayMafia

Ok some of you are not understanding. After the j2 the cross over j3 is guaranteed. They can't backdash, and they can't super. That means that killer frost can always do the additional mixup of cross up j3 in addition to slide and f3. As for those saying they can react to it good luck j3 is 16 frames and jumping forward is about 3 so you have 20 frames to choose between blocking left, right, or down.

The j3 also leads back to grab so that is why it is a vortex
Exactly. People need to understand that the stun from the J2 prevents them from doing anything but blocking the J3...thus you can go into throw...B1, Slide, F3, or anything you'd like. I get it brother...and I've done things like this in matches and it is effective...

RunwayMafia

Perhaps the word "vortex" shouldn't be used (since it isn't traditional) but this is certainly a guaranteed "mix up".

Vocket

Exactly. People need to understand that the stun from the J2 prevents them from doing anything but blocking the J3...thus you can go into throw...B1, Slide, F3, or anything you'd like. I get it brother...and I've done things like this in matches and it is effective...
The mixup is not what comes after j3 it's the j3 itself

Vocket

Vortex means a 50/50 that loops on itself. It can be up and down vortex and it can also be a left and right vortex. Here it is a left right and down vortex so the term is completely accurate.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
vortex = after some combo or knockdown, you use some attacks to force the opponent to guess which side to block, like ibuki kunai vortex in sf4.

you are just showing that killer frost have enough frame advantage to jump over and attack, this is not a vortex, the guess-block-side game dont apply in here, the same thing with scorpion standing 223 teleport or GL lift MB dash + overhead/slide, these are not vortex, are just resets.
Killer Frost has a near-unreactable high/low game that leads to damage + standing reset with enough frame advantage that a jump normal is unavoidable.

NRS vortexes are different in that they don't involve knockdowns, but are the same because they serve the same purpose...a scenario of mixups that lead back into the same mixup situation endlessly, if not properly blocked.

Vocket

Killer Frost has a near-unreactable high/low game that leads to damage + standing reset with enough frame advantage that a jump normal is unavoidable.

NRS vortexes are different in that they don't involve knockdowns, but are the same because they serve the same purpose...a scenario of mixups that lead back into the same mixup situation endlessly, if not properly blocked.
Phew thanks THTB you explained it much better than I ever could. It seems no killer frost player actually wants do a 33/33/33 mixup that is impossible react to and leads to the same vortex.