What's new

Kenshi.

Raven3r

Noob
Does anyone have any idea on how to fight Kenshi? All they have to be is half decent by knowing his specials and a couple combos and he's almost untouchable.

Absolutely everything he has seems to be safe on block so can't be punished, net is useless since he can just deflect it. Playing projectile wars with bombs is useless as he has 2 instant tele attacks that will hit you no matter where you are. Jump ins are a massive gamble.

I really don't see any way to deal with him, help would be much appreciated!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Try net? It can be deflected but not back at you and the time in which it reflects it is small so you can force errors. I do that with sub zero. Lots of ice balls and one eventually is missed and bam!

Raven3r

Noob
Try net? It can be deflected but not back at you and the time in which it reflects it is small so you can force errors. I do that with sub zero. Lots of ice balls and one eventually is missed and bam!
I've tried net many a time, and if its not deflected then its blocked and the recovery time to block after using net is ages so its a free tele attack for him :/

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Well then. You can duck the tele attack so it wiffs and try a teleport? How successful that is I don't know.

Raven3r

Noob
Well then. You can duck the tele attack so it wiffs and try a teleport? How successful that is I don't know.
Only one of his attacks can be ducked, the other is an overhead so that's a gamble by itself, then teleport is unsafe on arrival so I can be punished and the problem starts all over again...

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Only one of his attacks can be ducked, the other is an overhead so that's a gamble by itself, then teleport is unsafe on arrival so I can be punished and the problem starts all over again...
Try human cyrax. He has a safe teleport.

Red

Noob
i cant really tell you much accept use your backup character..

cyrax has been proven at disadvantage to many character simply for the reason that all his special have a long amount of recovery time. very simliar to subzero... with his iceball.. very long recovery time...

but cyrax i think probly has the longest recoverytime in the game on his specials...

i think they need to add more recovery frames myself to the kenshi telefurry,, its pratically an instant attack.. its not like any other attack for the fact that it spawns in front of you thats why i think it needs recovery frames.. it serves the purpose of a projectile without projecting/being a projectile.

to me personallly i havent played it yet.. but I would like to see a good shang tsung against kenshi..
i truly think that is the best matchup against the turtle master kenshi

Red

Noob
there are just as large combos with human cyrax than with cyborg... you just gotta learn them.. huma cyrax play a total different game thancyborg..

but i think the solution to your problem would be for them to add recovery frames to kenshi's telefurry.....
unless.. what is human cyrax ex-teleport like.. i know the cyborg does damage and knock down to the opponent when exiting..

i wont if human cyrax does damange entering on his ex teleport..

im not much of an ex-special user myself..so i would not know

Raven3r

Noob
there are just as large combos with human cyrax than with cyborg... you just gotta learn them.. huma cyrax play a total different game thancyborg..

but i think the solution to your problem would be for them to add recovery frames to kenshi's telefurry.....
unless.. what is human cyrax ex-teleport like.. i know the cyborg does damage and knock down to the opponent when exiting..

i wont if human cyrax does damange entering on his ex teleport..

im not much of an ex-special user myself..so i would not know
Some sort of recovery frames on any of his attacks would be very helpful, as it stands I don't know any of his moves that are punishable.

As for human ex-tele, its the same as cyborg's but combo'ing afterwards is much easier.

I have issues with Kenshi too. If I crouch his tele whatever the fuck it's called, he uses the over head tele slash bullshit. If I try to get close, wham! Shoulder back to back, that shit recovers pretty fast even on block it seems. I tried spamming bombs and nets but they're too slow to compete with Kenshis zoning. I have no idea how to approach this matchup either.

Red

Noob
im getting a little upset with this game but i still love it...

starting to dislike nrs for releasing over powerd moves.. that can hardly be punished

this is starting to be a repetitive thing..

shitty thing is.. their making this shit and releasing.. and they have to be knowing that things are broken.. and if they dont .. their terrible developers

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
im getting a little upset with this game but i still love it...

starting to dislike nrs for releasing over powerd moves.. that can hardly be punished

this is starting to be a repetitive thing..

shitty thing is.. their making this shit and releasing.. and they have to be knowing that things are broken.. and if they dont .. their terrible developers
As Noob Saibot I am fine with it. Its just a match up thing. Not an overtly OP move in itself.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I don't see why u guys are having trouble with this matchup, it seems like it's a 5-5 to me. I played noobe's Cyrax last night in some casuals and the matchup swings to Cyrax's favor as soon as he gets a knockdown. You guys need to start rushing Kenshi down, he's very susceptible to cross-up jumpins on wakeup. He can only block. If you try to play the zoning game with him, he will punish everything you do, but as soon as Cyrax touches Kenshi, he has no advancing specials so trap and reset him all day. Just dash block to get in.

Red

Noob
i havent been online.. in a while.. pretty much since the day kenshi was released..

but the first day... i played one decent kenshi... i wasnt using cyrax.. but only one kenshi gave me a hard time getting in... it took me a little to get inside.. i evetually did.. but it just took longer than i wanted...

other than that... all other kenshi's werent much trouble..

i for sure think reptile and kabal will be good matches up against him.. rep with the speed of his dash.. and kabal with the cancel can definately make a kenshi wiff..

i play alot of lao.. i think it does decent.. i i think a raiden could get in also with exshockball... then superman...

for sure hes a character you want to make play you from sweep range if your not a turtle character.. I think raidens will do very well against him when i think about it.. alot of ppl have a hard time readin raiden punchpunchroundhouse, superman chain.. combined with raidens teleport.. corner pressure like a mother. and i dont see a kenshi hangin with too much of that being that alof of his normals have a good bit of startup frames..

and i think a noob and shang tsung will do grand to him.. it will be a battle of souls for sure.. might even scare me with so many spirits and souls runniing and flying around...

that would be probly the most chaotic tag matches.. imagine noob and kenshi.. and like shang tsung and quan chi on the other team.. spirits, shadows, souls, i feel like mortal kombat is gettin a little religious

Raven3r

Noob
I don't see why u guys are having trouble with this matchup, it seems like it's a 5-5 to me. I played noobe's Cyrax last night in some casuals and the matchup swings to Cyrax's favor as soon as he gets a knockdown. You guys need to start rushing Kenshi down, he's very susceptible to cross-up jumpins on wakeup. He can only block. If you try to play the zoning game with him, he will punish everything you do, but as soon as Cyrax touches Kenshi, he has no advancing specials so trap and reset him all day. Just dash block to get in.
Rushing him down would probably work with a character that was actually better than Kenshi in close quarters but Kenshi is better than Cyrax there too. Dash blocking to get in means I'll be taking loads of chip damage and when I eventually get in close Kenshi's spirit charge is so spammable that you just end up getting pushed further back even while blocking it. Trying to jump over it requires luck as it's not bad as anti-air and if the Kenshi player is expecting the jump in then he can just use Rising Karma. Kenshi outclasses cyrax in every single area.
If I did manage to get Kenshi to the ground which would require luck or outplaying on my part I then have to apply cross-up pressure flawlessly for the rest of the round, one mistake or a breaker and its back to square 1. I don't know of any match up in this game that gives this much trouble.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Spirit charge isn't spammable, it's not even safe. If you block it close range it's punished by ragdoll or EX ragdoll, which leads back into Cyrax's oki. Plus the fact that all Cyrax really needs to do is touch Kenshi and he does 50-60% is why this matchup is in neither character's favor imo. Just gotta learn to read what the Kenshi player is doing and react to it. Net always trades badly for Kenshi, so it's still a vaild tool as well.

Raven3r

Noob
Spirit charge isn't spammable, it's not even safe. If you block it close range it's punished by ragdoll or EX ragdoll, which leads back into Cyrax's oki. Plus the fact that all Cyrax really needs to do is touch Kenshi and he does 50-60% is why this matchup is in neither character's favor imo. Just gotta learn to read what the Kenshi player is doing and react to it. Net always trades badly for Kenshi, so it's still a vaild tool as well.
Spirit charge is more spammable than tele-flurry... It also pushes you back on block so you have to be very close in order to punish it, and at that range Kenshi will probably be using his superior mix-up anyway. I'll try the ragdoll at close range next chance I get though.
I agree that if I'm able to make contact with him then he'll be eating a high damage combo, thats if he doesn't have a breaker (which he most likely will from all his specials and me blocking his attacks). I think this match-up is very heavily in Kenshi's favour.

edit: According to Kenshi forums spirit charge is safe on block as well

TONY-T

Mad scientist
But slow net and bombs so some important combos can't be done :/ I'd also rather not have to resort to counter-picking
you can still do his bnb 60% with human cyrax, though you have to have precise timing with the midbomb and the uppercut. its a little trickier, but pretty much all of robot cyraxs combos still work with human..

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
i cant really tell you much accept use your backup character..

cyrax has been proven at disadvantage to many character simply for the reason that all his special have a long amount of recovery time. very simliar to subzero... with his iceball.. very long recovery time...

but cyrax i think probly has the longest recoverytime in the game on his specials...

i think they need to add more recovery frames myself to the kenshi telefurry,, its pratically an instant attack.. its not like any other attack for the fact that it spawns in front of you thats why i think it needs recovery frames.. it serves the purpose of a projectile without projecting/being a projectile.

to me personallly i havent played it yet.. but I would like to see a good shang tsung against kenshi..
i truly think that is the best matchup against the turtle master kenshi
I recently picked up Kenshi and Shang Tsung is probably one of the chars that has a lot of dificulty against kenshi. Kenshi can deflect up and down fireball, reflects the regular fireball (even the EN version). the beauty of reflected the EN version of the regular fireball is that you only have to do it once and all 3 goes right back at him. Now on the cyrax matchup, Kenshi is not all that scary at all. He has a ridiculous hard time against crossups if timed right. Sure you have a hard time getting in if the guy know how to zone well but most of his specials are punishable up close (except for the spirit charge..shoulder move). you can easily jump over the rising Karma (upward blade) and spirit charge up close, and his teleslash (downward blade) got the move recovery out of all the his moves. I suggest you learn how to dash cancel block to approach him. once you get up close, you can spam crossups to oblivion because he has a really hard time dealing with that. One thing to note tho, EN Tele furry and some of his other specials have armor. So be safe when up close. Hope that helps :)

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
I main Cyrax, kenshi is hard but isnt too much of a problem. Dash block up to within half a screen of him and try to jump over his spirit charge, this leaves him utterly defenless for a good amount of time, just hit him with your BnB 54-76% combo...

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Shoulder Charge can be punished from max range with Reptile's dash, so it most definitely isn't safe. And like I said, noobe was punishing me all day with EN Ragdoll from about sweep distance after blocked Shoulder Charges. EN Shoulder Charge and Tele-Flurry are both safe , so maybe they were talking about that.

Raven3r

Noob
Shoulder Charge can be punished from max range with Reptile's dash, so it most definitely isn't safe. And like I said, noobe was punishing me all day with EN Ragdoll from about sweep distance after blocked Shoulder Charges. EN Shoulder Charge and Tele-Flurry are both safe , so maybe they were talking about that.
Shoulder charge can definitely not be punished from max range, especially not from a move that doesn't cover max range? The only punishable special Kenshi has is his TKS and thats only if its used close-mid range.

I'll be trying the ex-ragdoll to close the distance and then cross up pressure though, if there were actually any Kenshi players online... At least the armour on it will guarantee getting close.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
swear by the net, yes it's going to get deflected/blocked by a good kenshi, but you could always catch a stray jump in, and like said previously when you get a hard knockdown keep that pressure on as much as possible, and if a kenshi insists on sitting back bombs might not necessarily hit him but it's gonna force him to move, perhaps he may panic and jump which a net will catch.