What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

But who the hell wants to play that garbage?
My point was that there is nothing like that in this game. That is what broken and unfair is. 2 characters with no real weakness or counters. Dont even bother looking for an answer to them and spend one moment in practice mode looking for tech vs them. They win because they exist, the end.

I wouldnt describe Kenshi or Kabal like that.

REO

Undead
You did top 2 EVO with Mileena. :p
In your defense, you placed second at the EVO before that with Mileena. And on top of that, you are the reason why everyone hates Kabal, pretty much. Then again, this is only coming from me because I also play Kabal and I happen to be a fan, so not entirely objective. But close.
Well you guys have to remember back then no one knew how to fight against Mileena properly. Players didn't know how to get around d+4, they kept stand blocking enhanced teleport, and didn't even have optimal punishes for rolls. I'll pretty much admit I made it to grand finals as a fluke using that character.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Well you guys have to remember back then no one knew how to fight against Mileena properly. Players didn't know how to get around d+4, they kept stand blocking enhanced teleport, and didn't even have optimal punishes for rolls. I'll pretty much admit I made it to grand finals as a fluke using that character.
Yeah, Kabal started to be the bandwagon after Warda came out.
Before that was only KL, Reptile, Ermac. x)

9_Lives

Noob
You pose a good point. But you still played very well regardless. And keep in mind that you were fighting pre-patch KL who could just 2, 4~ground hat almost for free and you still did really well, lack of Mileena experience or no. I'm not posing that as a know-all answer, but you simply must give yourself at least a little credit. Being arguably the biggest pioneer of this character doesn't make you a bad player, if anything I'd say that it's the opposite.

Even though you didn't make top 16 with Lao at EVO, I'd bet a player as knowledgeable and skilled at this game as yourself could place well with most of the characters in the cast if you put even half as much work into them as you did Kabal. Your Kenshi is freakin' sick, for starters.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
People were complaining about Cyrax before Kabal came around....and then what happened?

No nerfs, more buffs.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Doesn't matter how many time you need to nerf something. What we want is somethig as balanced as possible.

REO

Undead
You pose a good point. But you still played very well regardless. And keep in mind that you were fighting pre-patch KL who could just 2, 4~ground hat almost for free and you still did really well, lack of Mileena experience or no. I'm not posing that as a know-all answer, but you simply must give yourself at least a little credit. Being arguably the biggest pioneer of this character doesn't make you a bad player, if anything I'd say that it's the opposite.

Even though you didn't make top 16 with Lao at EVO, I'd bet a player as knowledgeable and skilled at this game as yourself could place well with most of the characters in the cast if you put even half as much work into them as you did Kabal. Your Kenshi is freakin' sick, for starters.
Those are some good points, but I still feel a major for my success at EVO with Mileena was because of the reasons I stated. Also my Kenshi is terribly overrated. I couldn't even beat GGA 16 Bit's Kitana with Kenshi, and that is seen as an 8-2 match-up. I haven't touched him since.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The only scrubby thing about Kabal is this idea that nerfing just one of his assets is going to keep him out of everybody's hair.

LBSH:

Kung Lao - low hat nerfed, supposedly wasnt top 10 anymore, became a better character.
Johnny Cage - Nutpunch no longer combos after F3,2 was supposedly bottom 10 because of that, became a better character.
Cyrax - command grab bomb trap removed, was supposedly his only good setup, became a better character.
Sonya - MS cancels nerfed, supposedly mid-tier at best afterwards, became a better character.

LRN2MATCHUP.

prospic

Noob
Reo the more you make threads abouts kabal; the more people will hate kabal players and the game. Its not about kabal....its more about REO kabal that is broken because you take kabal to the highest level. Maybe if you stop using kabal it will make the tournament less scrubby.There's no other kabal like yours, so what's the point. People just hate on kabal because you the only one that makes him look retarded.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only scrubby thing about Kabal is this idea that nerfing just one of his assets is going to keep him out of everybody's hair.

LBSH:

Kung Lao - low hat nerfed, supposedly wasnt top 10 anymore, became a better character.
Johnny Cage - Nutpunch no longer combos after F3,2 was supposedly bottom 10 because of that, became a better character.
Cyrax - command grab bomb trap removed, was supposedly his only good setup, became a better character.
Sonya - MS cancels nerfed, supposedly mid-tier at best afterwards, became a better character.

LRN2MATCHUP.
Kung Lao got better because of dumb buffs they gave him. Same with Sonya.

People realized Cage was bullshit anyway. Same with Cyrax. They're worse, but they're dumb anyway.