What's new

Question If Kabal was nerfed, do you think the game would be less scrubby?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
And c'mon, the game has evolved so much at this point, it's been proven time and again that Kabal isn't unbeatable. He doesn't even scare me all that much - unless I'm playing REO.
I guess if you wouldn't play a top char you would care a bit more. I just wanna see a Stryker player try to beat a Kabal at his level.
The game didn't evolve that much because we still see almost always the same chars in tourney since the game has been released..

As has already been said, if Kabal is nerfed, players will call for the next best character to be nerfed.

Just imagin a game without S tier. It makes a shorter gulf between all characters and even the best A+ tier characters still have weaknesses and so they can be counterpicked by a lower character.
New S tier would be at the level of reptile, skarlet, LK, JC. I mean, here yes, we can really say they aren't unbeatable but LBSH, if a top kabal does lose against noobsaibot or rain it is because he failed something lol.

If everyone was thinking like you, NRS would have never give a single patch for mk9. Fortunetly they did some. :\ and they removed the godtier called kunglao (safe spin, fast low hats atc...).

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Kabal and Kenshi are NOT as bad as ppl are making them out to be.

Lets play MKDC, then I'll listen to all complaints.
Mk vs DC was a gimmick though with zero patches, they didn't even try to pretend it was balanced. 2 characters had infinites that were easier to do than any bnb's in this game. And falling kombat, seriously. This one is at least tournament worthy.

Reo you always cry about kabal and how kabal should be banned and this and that but your the first person to use him at tournys. Try winning without kabal and see if you succeed at this era of the game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@REO Kabal is fine - i think if every character was balanced like sektor, mileena, kitana, liu kang the game would be balanced but boring

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Kabal and Kenshi are NOT as bad as ppl are making them out to be.
No we saying they are good xD

Also, why people talk about mk vs dc ? This game has never been in major x) No one give a fuck.

Primal rage also was broken... *<8-D

i think if every character was balanced like sektor, mileena, kitana, liu kang the game would be balanced but boring
May I know why ? I think the opposite oo;

Just watching over and over same char in top 8 makes me feel bored. But anyway, I play some shit tier and I don't care if there is, I still can manage to beat better char like ermac or LK, but I can't when I play vs KL/kabal at my level or a bit higher unless he fucked up for some reason.

Making a perfect balance game is impossible, however, trying to remove broken shit and BIG imbalanced can help to have more fun.

REO

Undead
Reo you always cry about kabal and how kabal should be banned and this and that but your the first person to use him at tournys. Try winning without kabal and see if you succeed at this era of the game.
I tried to play another character rather than all Kabal once and I didn't make top 16. (EVO) If it wasn't for Kabal, I don't think I would be making top eight at a lot of these majors.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The pushback from his groundsaw and overhead should be nerfed.
I think only iaGB should be removed and invincible frame on projectile for the buzzsaw (and it should hit kabal's back when we teleport...).

Resets (smoke, cyrax, jax) needs to be removed.

No armor on the kenshi' ex charge and rising karma is now fbd1 (execution nerf :p ).

Kl teleport should not work in the air.

That would be enough to make a better game imo.

About sonya, I don't know. D4 needs nerf.

I tried to play another character rather than all Kabal once and I didn't make top 16. (EVO) If it wasn't for Kabal, I don't think I would be making top eight at a lot of these majors.
You did top 2 EVO with Mileena. :p

9_Lives

Noob
In your defense, you placed second at the EVO before that with Mileena. And on top of that, you are the reason why everyone hates Kabal, pretty much. Then again, this is only coming from me because I also play Kabal and I happen to be a fan, so not entirely objective. But close.