What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Trait on:
J2, Wraith Slash, 113 1+3, Wraith Slash, J3, 123 xx Zod Charge : 40%
B12 xx Kryptonian Rifle, Wraith Slash, Wraith Slash, B3, J3, 123 xx Zod Charge: 44% (The first Wraith Slash must connect before the Rifle ball does)

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Damn Lol I was just getting to meterless combos.
I haven't tested the first to but you can chance the third to b23 b23 1111 (112 or 123 you can use either in all your combos) phantom strike for 32. Not much harder at all.
Also some this might help you out because you're going at a good pace 12 bounces after a juggle.
Finally some completely useless tech. If you want to end in zod charge you can do b23 and at almost max height 12 123 zod charge and drop em back in the corner. It's only 27% though :(.
That " useless" tech isn't so useless. You can do it when there's a corner interactable. Some you have to pause but others you can cancel the 12.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Could you start dividing the combos by attack type: I.e. Low Starters, Mid Starters, Overhead Strings, etc.
I don't see the point in spreading the combos up so much. Next thing people want is meterless low starter etc, it'll be a mess. You can just see what are his low/mid/overhead starters and see what combos start with those. Thanks for the feedback though.

regulas

Your Emporer
I don't see the point in spreading the combos up so much. Next thing people want is meterless low starter etc, it'll be a mess. You can just see what are his low/mid/overhead starters and see what combos start with those. Thanks for the feedback though.

Your statment is the opposite.

Right now it is a mess, basically just all the combo's randomly jumbled together. The point of dividing it like that is because that is how the info will be used.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Your statment is the opposite.

Right now it is a mess, basically just all the combo's randomly jumbled together. The point of dividing it like that is because that is how the info will be used.
I don't want it to have a lot of small sections with one or two combos in them (Traitless meterless low starter), I'd rather have them listed like they are now. Personally I think longer lists look much better than a lot of different small sections. ;)

regulas

Your Emporer
I don't want it to have a lot of small sections with one or two combos in them (Traitless meterless low starter), I'd rather have them listed like they are now. Personally I think longer lists look much better than a lot of different small sections. ;)

I only asked for Low/Overhead/Trait there is no need to micromanage more then that. But everyone is going to need to learn both an overhead and a low combo, so it's a very obvious division to have.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im digging his F2,1,U2 string. and some of his tools so far. Doesn't feel like zoner god though like I thought...sort of a relaunch character more than anything. His trait is awesome though...I keep feeling someone is going to make something broke as hell with it.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I only asked for Low/Overhead/Trait there is no need to micromanage more then that. But everyone is going to need to learn both an overhead and a low combo, so it's a very obvious division to have.
I don't think anyone has posted a combo that starts with an overhead. I made some modifications to the OP, added a new spoiler that includes low/overhead starters. Would that do?

E: Nvm, 213 is a overhead starter. He only has 213 and f3 overhead starters though.

regulas

Your Emporer
I don't think anyone has posted a combo that starts with an overhead. I made some modifications to the OP, added a new spoiler that includes low/overhead starters. Would that do?

E: Nvm, 213 is a overhead starter.

He has no true starters overhead, but has strings with it 213, also 123 (not good as a combo starter without trait though). Shrug that'll do for now if I want anything more I'll make it myself and post it here or otherwise in-case anyone wants the info.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
what is his best combo off naked trait grab ?
Dash up and do B3, Ji3, F213~Zod Charge or Phantom Smack (BF3) if you don't want to switch positions. I know someone said that you need to hit them before the Wraith bites them a lot because of scaling. But in my experience you should let the Wraith do all his damage befor you start the combo, which does 34%.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Found 44% 1 bar no trait. JIP+2,112,DB+2B(MB),JIP+3,F+213,BF+2 = 44% 1 bar no trait. Give me likes if i was first to found it, found in 5 min

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Zod's 123 string sets a hard knock down and the 3rd hit can be cancelled into Wraith Summon safely, pushing the opponent a third of the screen away with you at plus frames. From here, if they aren't blocking low, they'll wish they did.

MB Ground Blast, Wraith Slash x 3, Wraith Grab, Dash, B3, J3, 3 xx Zod Charge: 48%

You can raw Wraith Grab overhead, but you can't do it as soon as they wake up, so they will be able to escape, but with your Wraith keeping them in check. And if you think they're going to do an advancing mid hitting wake up attack (Superman Flying Punch, Doomsday Venom, Lex Charge, etc) then just parry.

I honestly think ending on 123 xx Wraith Summon is going to be as integral to Zod as it is to Green Arrow ending his combos with 33 xx Freeze Arrow.

Edit: Expanding on the setup to MB DB2, if they block low, Wraith Slash them 3 times during the block stun of MB DB2. Wraith will recover from the third slash just as the final hit of MB DB2 hits their block, keeping you at +15, and dealing about 10% in chip damage.

regulas

Your Emporer
213~DB2+Brief Charge+then MB, Zod Charge - 29%

Not much better then the meterless version but still.

Fullscreen:

KRifle Slow+KRifle MB+ KRifle Fast = 23% or 27% if fast is MB'd.

At slightly closer midscreen range you can also do:

KRifle Slow+KRifle Fast+Zod Charge = 22%, or up to with 28% MB's

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Trait, b12 mb close ground blast, 4,4, dash, db4,b3, ji3, f213 charge MB 48%

regulas

Your Emporer
Very important to note that Ground blast is 8 frames start-up (verified in training) despite only the close and far blasts being labelled as such.

This means basic Ground blast is actually our fastest ground starter, and any of those combo's can be done without the string in front.

Close Ground Blast MB, ji3, f213 Zod Charge - 37% only 3 less percent but nearly twice as fast.

Mintt

Kappa
Activate trait Back 1-2 (mb Ground Blast) trait strike trait strike trait grab dash Back 3 jump 3 1-2-3 (mb Phantom Strike) 49%
kind of tricky timimg with trait strike but not 2 bad.:D