What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

AYSAMO

Noob
I punish all Harold's and I did punish yours w GL

Yea everyone in AZ blows me up for MB LC. I talked to Harold at EVO we both agreed the move is pretty much no different from regular LC except you're spending meter to get punished now lol.

As far as Flash vs BA goes, I don't think it's that bad. You can d2 inbetween black adam's d1 into lightning. Also, if Adam ever backdashes after a divekick it's a free punish with MB LC. A lot of his normal ways of staying safe don't work vs Flash, but he is still BA and is really fucking good at running away, so I think it's 5-5.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Not sure if this has been said already, but the ONLY character I struggle against is Black Adam.
I can handle any of the other S tiers fine, but Black Adam, even when their flow charts and patterns are super duper easy to read, I still get beat by 'em.
I am declaring Bladam Flash's 2nd worst matchup.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Not sure if this has been said already, but the ONLY character I struggle against is Black Adam.
I can handle any of the other S tiers fine, but Black Adam, even when their flow charts and patterns are super duper easy to read, I still get beat by 'em.
I am declaring Bladam Flash's 2nd worst matchup.
I burn at least 4 bars just to get a hit on Black Adam, hate that man. His voice is also stupid screw him.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
So basicly, what is Flash 3 worse mu ? I've seen a thread like that on the catou Catwo kommu and I was wondering about flash.

I would say :

-Green Lantern
-Nightwing
-Hawkgirl

And then maybe Aquaman and Superman.

BoricuaHeat

I believe Flash only had about 3 tilted matchups being Black Adam(I still hate him), Wonder Woman, and a competent Zod; not much of a struggle either with all the tools we got. Don't how I feel about Hawkgirl but I am starting get annoyed by how people play here, just hanging in the top of the screen.

Other than that I say he has plenty of good match ups and rest being even.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It's quite fine against black adam since they buffed Flash's dash. You can also play footsy vs him and your mobility isn't that bad. I think Flash players really need to start using d2.

BoricuaHeat

It's quite fine against black adam since they buffed Flash's dash. You can also play footsy vs him and your mobility isn't that bad. I think Flash players really need to start using d2.
I get impatient against Adam man, his playstyle is so annoying online I just grew a hissy fit. d2 is my best friend online man, people jump with no fear of it and then get bopped.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
from the little ive playedhim the only mu ive really struggled against was green lantern and kinda superman

BoricuaHeat

from the little ive playedhim the only mu ive really struggled against was green lantern and kinda superman
Supes back dash ticks me off man so good, but at least we have d2 to interrupt his breath loop. A good to honest GL is hard to deal with, but if you can time it just about right f21 shuts down his lanterns might, really will help with the match up in the future.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
ok so i saw some guys say that wonder woman is one of flash's worst MU, and i disagree, i believe its currently 6-4 WW until i can play foxy more, but i have a video of me playing foxy for this specific MU. in this video you can learn how to avoid air dash shenanigans, how to block against her (sort of lol) and what you should do. just of note why i drop so many combos and do empty f2 in the neutral game, is because this is on xbox 360 and am using a shitty 360 pad, am not makin excuses on the matches because foxy obviously out played me, i just don't want any random noob to come in here like "zyphox you're free, you drop you combos and blah blah blah" - AK Trepound380 :p.

what i think of the MU is that IADM is dumb and is stupid hard to punish, you have to punish with either lightning uppercut or LC MB, and if they make a read they duck for full combo punish. foxy mostly backdashed so i caught him towards the end of the set. also in the corner you're as hopeless as the rest of the cast, the only thing i show in this is you can FU when she otg's with divekick if she tries to check you whit b2. also be careful with trying to anti air her, that air dash is insane. she also has a very fast dash, and long range normals like b2 and b1 that beat out flashes options. even with all that said however all you need is to start pressure on your own get her to the corner and keep her there. her option select wake ups infuriate me when i try the sonic pound ground vortex, and she has spin which is almost fully invnicible and f3 can't be it consistently ( i haven't tested it) yet. IADM is punishable by FU always, and it can also be punished with MB LC if they do it to high, kinda like BA divekick. it has to much pushback to do b22 into pressure so just make a read, if they duck because they read a LC MB, do a quick sonic pound MB for 57%, the choice is theirs. i am guessing they will patch her OTG's and if not we are all screwed to hell.

A F0xy Grampa could you post what you think of the MU and some specific things you did, or do against flash?

SaJa
Hellion_96
LEGEND
AYSAMO
Awesomo
Xenrail
BoricuaHeat
redeyes
MITDJT
Mr. Mileena

AYSAMO

Noob
For the WW MU I would ask AK Harold, since he probably plays a lot of really good WWs in his scene. My WW exp is limited to a casual set with @AK Glass Sword at EVO. I had zero knowledge of WW but once I figured it out a bit, WW can definitely keep Flash out and stop a lot of my pressure.

BoricuaHeat

That was some amazing W woman play damn, punishing her air dash mix ups seem trivial but possible, gotta play more Women of Wonder till I can get a solid opinion on the matter.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Wowzers. That is one good Wonder Woman.
Also, I was surprised to see Zyphox to play so similar to me. Feels good, man.
Edit:
Actually, scratch that. Zyphox back-dashes too much and made a few silly mistakes :v

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
So basicly, what is Flash 3 worse mu ? I've seen a thread like that on the catou Catwo kommu and I was wondering about flash.

I would say :

-Green Lantern
-Nightwing
-Hawkgirl

And then maybe Aquaman and Superman.
I would say Aquaman, Black Adam and then Hawkgirl all for range reasons. Not the zoning, but their reach.

BoricuaHeat

Edit:
Actually, scratch that. Zyphox back-dashes too much and made a few silly mistakes :v
Xbox pad man, and yes that woman is scary.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Edit:
hey if you think you can do better against foxy then go ahead and record you matches against him and post them, no one plays perfect to the t my friend, and if you don't backdash against WW good luck.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
lmao i knew you would tag me noob :p but anyways imo ww has a hard time with people spacing her out so use his best spacing tools to make her whiff then get in

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
hey if you think you can do better against foxy then go ahead and record you matches against him and post them, no one plays perfect to the t my friend, and if you don't backdash against WW good luck.

Cool it, sparky. Just saying I'm sure you coulda done better. Not saying you're BAD or anything :v
Personally, I'd never backdash as Flash, I don't want to lose the ground and have to take a risky dash to get back in, or use a burn on my charge.
I'd also be doing d1d23/d1d2xx Sonic pound a lot more too.
But y'know, that's just me, man. It'd probably be better to play the way you were playing against a WW ;)
And I can't deal with Foxy. I had enough of him in MK. I still have the nightmares, bro.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
lmao WW is flash worst matchup? why the hell? if you struggling with her air game, try I don't know, flashes insanely godlike d2, or air to airing is also very effective. IMO it's even once both players force eachother into a grounded game. also if IADG is giving you issues just respect it, block, and use the frame advantage to put WW in a 50/50. you guys get 50% midscreen 1 bar off a 50/50, remember?

oh and zyphox in particular on those matches you uploaded you ate so many wakeups gotta scout those and punish :)

AYSAMO

Noob
honestly I don't think Hawkgirl is a bad MU for flash at all. I destroyed like 3 hawkgirls in pools at EVO.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I dont understand why she gives him trouble. With the new forward dash buff, LC MB buff, etc. he has all the tools he needs to stay in on hawkgirl.

I mostly play online, and when I face a Hawkgirl they just love to fly. I find flash isn't too good at smacking her out of the sky, especially with his odd jump. But, this isn't that big a deal
The main thing is her mace charge. Blocking it means you're disadvantaged and pushed away. That's not something Flash wants.
It's also a super duper good wake up. But I find timing a f21(3) just right makes her fly into your fists.