What's new

Tech Flash corner reset and frame trap

Mvskokee

It's what I am. I dont care why.
I don't think anyone has posted this yet but i found what I think is a pretty nasty corner rest. Also a basic but godlike frame trap that I think will be a staple in his game Unfortunately i have no way of uploading a video so hopefully one of you guys can do it for me.

The frame trap
All you have to do is land a b2,2 string deep enough which is plus three. Follow up with your d1,d2 string. Creates a 4-5 frame trap that if the opponent pushes a button(or grab not 100%) they will get hit into your favorite bnb. If you get them accustomed to blocking low after the b2,2 string you can go for his fwrd 2,1 overhead string and body them with a combo if they blocked low. Nasty high low mixup. Only thing I have found that can beat it is an armored b3 or f3,backdashing or pushblocking the string. The first two you can make a read on and try to punish or make them waste meter. Backdash may be punishable by his horizontal charge attack.

The corner reset(haven't test it completely)

If you land a combo into mb lightening kick which juggles them into the air. Do a delayed 3,2 string(kinda low to the ground). What happens is you get only the first hit of the 2(double kick thingy lol) Which for some reason doesn't knock them down but restands them into a mixup i believe you are at advatage in. So the first part of the string does like 20-30% and if you catch them trying to press buttons with a d1,2 you can full combo again into whatever damaging combo you want.

Hope this is good stuff. Pretty easy and was not hard to find

Edit: Delete this if it has already been posted plz.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I'd like to see a video of that corner setup, if it really restands them like you say then that sounds really good.

Mvskokee

forgot to note that you restand the behind you so they have to block opposite from which way you were comboing them.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Maybe someone else who can record can figure it out and post it. I'll try it when I go back to training mode with Flash.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I see what you're talking about, you go through them and somehow it staggers. Pretty cool, I'm curious if all you need is to end it with 43 as they're falling or if you need to do it the whole time. That way you could get more damage. With just the same string off of d1,2 you get 35%. Problem is, you're in the corner now and who knows if someone can mash out of the incoming mixup.

Mvskokee

I see what you're talking about, you go through them and somehow it staggers. Pretty cool, I'm curious if all you need is to end it with 43 as they're falling or if you need to do it the whole time. That way you could get more damage. With just the same string off of d1,2 you get 35%. Problem is, you're in the corner now and who knows if someone can mash out of the incoming mixup.
i dont think so because his low is 7-8 frames....played a set with wolfkrone and i was mixing it up between grab and d1,2 and it hit alot...

Mvskokee

only thing i could see it being not useful is if there is a corner combo that does ungodly damage where you wouldnt need it.

edit. It putting you in the corner is the biggest drawback imo...maybe a good gimmick to throw out if you havent done it

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
only thing i could see it being not useful is if there is a corner combo that does ungodly damage where you wouldnt need it.

edit. It putting you in the corner is the biggest drawback imo...maybe a good gimmick to throw out if you havent done it
i have been saving all this tech for one video which i will do tonight, including flash cancels and flash vortex, and this standing reset you discovered, good shit finding that corner reset, you could always throw since the advantage is probably really hgih either a cross up or a throw into corner guaranteed

Mvskokee

i have been saving all this tech for one video which i will do tonight, including flash cancels and flash vortex, and this standing reset you discovered, good shit finding that corner reset, you could always throw since the advantage is probably really hgih either a cross up or a throw into corner guaranteed
Word thanks for putting it into the video man

LEGEND

YES!
Mvskokee . So far the reset doesn't Grant any Advantage, Though its looks like it may be character/hitbox specific. Just tested it against Black adam in practice mode and it looked completely neutral, but when i tried doing this to a Nightwing player yesterday he hit me out of every followup i tried

Needs some more looking into.

If there are cases where it grants advantage we still need to way it against guaranteed Damage. but i currently have no idea how high his corner damage can get with a bar

Mvskokee

Yea that., where I am at with it atm. I use it to mix people up between throw and d1. But black adams d1 is godlike. You also have to time that frame trap perfect on him.

Mvskokee

I can do it and send the video your way to upload it wherever you want if you'd like.
go for it. Like legend is saying tho. I think it leaves both characters at neutral. Which you can mixup off of but it isnt guaranteed. Still cool tech imo and usable if the opponent isn't ready for it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tested it and unless i'm missing something it seemed like the opponent can jump out of either 50/50 option and throw. It'll be good as a trick against people who dont know the MU though.

Mvskokee

I tested it and unless i'm missing something it seemed like the opponent can jump out of either 50/50 option and throw. It'll be good as a trick against people who dont know the MU though.
You could probably punish the jump on reaction.But if there is a guaranteed damaging combo I think it won't be worth it. Good to have gimmicks though.

LEGEND

YES!
problem i have with it is that it looks to be neutral or like -1 or-2, and flash doesn't have a 6 frame jab or poke so all of your options are moot against most characters, i would really only use this on someone that doesn't know about it, or if i have meter to burn and feel like going for a MB B3 followup or something to catch them off guard