What's new

BnB, Max Damage, & Setup Combos Discussion [OLD THREAD. OUT-DATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found a better and more damaging meterless bnb off of b3:

B3, j3, u3x2, 2 slide, u3, 1 iceberg. 45%. It's basically the same variation of he new f3 bnb I found. I've been using this one all night. I just wish her b3 was at least half as good as her f3.
That's good stuff.

Frost has NO reach... it's so frustrating that every other character has these long range moves and all we have is Slide which everyone is out for blood to nerf ;_;

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I found a better and more damaging meterless bnb off of b3:

B3, j3, u3x2, 2 slide, u3, 1 iceberg. 45%. It's basically the same variation of he new f3 bnb I found. I've been using this one all night. I just wish her b3 was at least half as good as her f3.
Nicely done. I'm away from a PS right now, but can you hit d1~berg after the 1~berg or is the gravity too strong?

KILLA_xGHOST

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
That's good stuff.

Frost has NO reach... it's so frustrating that every other character has these long range moves and all we have is Slide which everyone is out for blood to nerf ;_;
People honestly don't understand the character from everything that I read on here. Her 50-50 is the most powerful in the game by far and no one can see past these two options and look at her normals in comparison to other fighters in the roster. No hit-confirmable low or overhead strings that lead to damage (yes I understand that b1 slide is safe) and slow or extremely short reaching normals.

I can totally understand the salt by others since these two options are incredible and I am NOT downplaying them as they make her top 3 in the game IMO..........However, my fear is that nerfing one or both of her only two strongest options to get damage will probably end up killing the character in the long run. Another crushing blow would be to reduce the advantage on trait cancel which would effectively nerf both options once you connect the dots. Compared to a lot of other characters the only things to fear are the overhead and slide (albeit a justifiably huge fear), and that is just the hard truth. Blame the character design for being less well-rounded perhaps, but a nerf involving specifically involving the frame data of these two moves will likely damage the character's viability and will lead to us seeing less variety amongst top 8's in tournament.

tax

Noob
People honestly don't understand the character from everything that I read on here. Her 50-50 is the most powerful in the game by far and no one can see past these two options and look at her normals in comparison to other fighters in the roster. No hit-confirmable low or overhead strings that lead to damage (yes I understand that b1 slide is safe) and slow or extremely short reaching normals.

I can totally understand the salt by others since these two options are incredible and I am NOT downplaying them as they make her top 3 in the game IMO..........However, my fear is that nerfing one or both of her only two strongest options to get damage will probably end up killing the character in the long run. Another crushing blow would be to reduce the advantage on trait cancel which would effectively nerf both options once you connect the dots. Compared to a lot of other characters the only things to fear are the overhead and slide (albeit a justifiably huge fear), and that is just the hard truth. Blame the character design for being less well-rounded perhaps, but a nerf involving specifically involving the frame data of these two moves will likely damage the character's viability and will lead to us seeing less variety amongst top 8's in tournament.
agreed. if you take a good look at kf's moveset and the way she plays, it's clear that she is heavily skewed towards being reliant on four tools: her slide, her overhead, her trait cancel and her parry. these are amazing tools that not only make up for everything she doesn't have (normals, interactable use, air game, air projectiles, etc... especially the interactable use), but also establish her as a character separate from the rest of the cast.

i enjoy the fact that each character in this game is unique in their own way with their own unique dirt, and i find it hard to believe that NRS didn't design kf like this on purpose with that in mind. and the lack of a nerf in the latest patch suggests to me that they understand changing her would change the role that they wanted her to have in the game.

PlaHoY

Noob
Hi guys!
I found reset combo without meter after F3
but timing after slide so strict =\

f3, u3, u3, 22-slide, f1-dbf2{MB}

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Here is something I used at UFGT with great success. After a regular command grab you get a hard knockdown and dash up slide OTGs. They cannot jump, backdash or do a wakeup attack if timed correctly. With the exception of a wakeup super, which can only be done by pressing 2+3+mb not the regular way. It's weird. So basically you can end a combo with grab and dash up slide is a free check. So then you start doing dash up f+3. They can only get out of that by doing a wakeup attack or blocking. They cannot backdash or jump out. So you can see how good this is. It's a guessing game between taking a 50/50 and doing a likely unsafe wakeup attack. This is why at UFGT I was often ending meterless combos with regular command grab.
To add upon this is this set up:

You can start a 35% combo with F+3, u3,u3, 1xxslide, 2xxCommand Grab. Then slide after a slight pause to do your OTG shenanigans. It will usually catch them off guard and if you can do another 35% combo (which we can all do much much more) you've pretty much run away with a clean 70% without meter usage, necessarily.

booivi

Good Game :)
That's good stuff.

Anyone else getting parry instead of the 1, iceberg after the 3rd u3? Im having trouble with only the last part of that combo.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Sometimes the "1" hits at the end but doesnt connect the iceberg, it whiffs.
You're doing it too late. As soon as you hit the last u3, hit 1as soon as the are falling down from u3. The iceberg will hit. You can even meter burn the iceberg for more damage and can go into Mb command grab after that for a reset.

booivi

Having trouble with people who just jump all the time and cross over. Need some good anti air, air to air combos, and advice?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Having trouble with people who just jump all the time and cross over. Need some good anti air, air to air combos, and advice?

If they're jumping back you have a few options. You could air to air them with jump 3, throw daggers and they'll jump back into them and then you combo with iceberg. Dash up d+2. Or do a preemptive slide. It all depends on the spacing, if they're doing empty jumps or jump back attacks and how sure you are they're going to jump.

If they're jumping at you then you can AA with d+2, mb f+3, preemptive jump 3 or back off let the jump attack whiff and then punish with slide or d+1~slide as they land and are recovering.

Against crossups you can AA with d+2 or often walk away and punish the whiff or duck and it'll whiff over her head and then you can punish with d+1~slide.

It all depends on how they're jumping and the character's jump attacks in this game. Different solutions for every jump.

booivi

If they're jumping back you have a few options. You could air to air them with jump 3, throw daggers and they'll jump back into them and then you combo with iceberg. Dash up d+2. Or do a preemptive slide. It all depends on the spacing, if they're doing empty jumps or jump back attacks and how sure you are they're going to jump.

If they're jumping at you then you can AA with d+2, mb f+3, preemptive jump 3 or back off let the jump attack whiff and then punish with slide or d+1~slide as they land and are recovering.

Against crossups you can AA with d+2 or often walk away and punish the whiff or duck and it'll whiff over her head and then you can punish with d+1~slide.

It all depends on how they're jumping and the character's jump attacks in this game. Different solutions for every jump.
What do you follow up with after an aa/cross up counter d2?

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I need a lot of help. What's the best way to punsih people after a blocked string up close?
It depends on who and what string. There is no universal punish (thank based god). Study yo frame data brotha!

KILLA_xGHOST

booivi

Someone please answer, what do you follow up after an AA d2?i need a full combo, inputs will be nice.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Someone please answer, what do you follow up after an AA d2?i need a full combo, inputs will be nice.
I do slide, u3, 22 Mb grab into a reset if I have meter. If i dont have meter, I do slide, u3, 22 daggers to set up zoning and build my trait bar some.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
BD1 3 is fraking amazing. I ran into a Raven that I had trouble with, Idk what to do about pushback.
I gotta practice respecting blocked 223 ->d1 lift

and find a way to stop her after I'm pushed back to jump range.

booivi

So far so good with KF, im getting better and better evry time. I just recently ran into a doomsday who was doing this move where he comes from above and I dont know how to punish or avoid it, help on this matchup?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So far so good with KF, im getting better and better evry time. I just recently ran into a doomsday who was doing this move where he comes from above and I dont know how to punish or avoid it, help on this matchup?

When he leaves the screen dash forward. He will land and miss you. Then you can punish with slide.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
What do you guys end the combo with after Mb command grab? I didn't think to trait cancel at the end of it, I use daggers. I'll be trying f112~Trait, 111~Trait, and f+2 Trait to see what that does for me. Which one is best for which situation?

booivi

Why doesnt anybody use f113, trait, mixup? Also, i need help punishing GL's b1,2 , and b1,3 launchers. A lot of noobs actually get me with this all the time. And i was also wondering if KF gets a free iceberg after an air turbine as GL is landing? I dont have a human to test this out with. Much appreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.