What's new

10 reasons Batman & Robin is a good movie #

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
T0 each their own I guess. I actually loved the rather simplistic/modest storyline in Batman Returns. The crime boss running for mayor and Catwoman simply wanting to frame Batman...Idk, it just seemed more realistic to me, like this could actually happen quite frequently in Gotham as opposed to some diabolical plan to destroy or rule the world only to end in some massive explosion.

Also, I believe Danny Devito was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Penguin.

It was a Saturn Award(an award for science fiction) for best supporting actor, which he didn't win. Fun fact, he was also nominated for a razzie for worst supporting actor, so take it for what you will.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It was a Saturn Award(an award for science fiction) for best supporting actor, which he didn't win. Fun fact, he was also nominated for a razzie for worst supporting actor, so take it for what you will.
Oh really? I could have sworn I read or heard that he was nominated for an Academy Award. Meh *shrugs shoulders*. Opinions are opinions. I mostly love the dark undertones in the film and I'm a huge catwoman/michelle fan...so that's primarily my reasons for loving the film. ;)

RM Truth

Oh really? I could have sworn I read or heard that he was nominated for an Academy Award. Meh *shrugs shoulders*. Opinions are opinions. I mostly love the dark undertones in the film and I'm a huge catwoman/michelle fan...so that's primarily my reasons for loving the film. ;)

Honestly, she was the only good thing going in that movie for me. :D

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
T0 each their own I guess. I actually loved the rather simplistic/modest storyline in Batman Returns. The crime boss running for mayor and Catwoman simply wanting to frame Batman...Idk, it just seemed more realistic to me, like this could actually happen quite frequently in Gotham as opposed to some diabolical plan to destroy or rule the world only to end in some massive explosion.

Also, I believe Danny Devito was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Penguin.
People need to stop using the word "realistic" when discussing Batman movies. Especially the one where a deformed, cat eating baby is tossed into a stream and subsequently raised by a family of sewer penguins.

Sewer. Fucking. Penguins. Thanks, Tim Burton.

Not sure if serious...

No. I disagree completely, nearly everything about Schumacher's Batman movies are terrible, and Nolan's series is superior.

I'm not sure that I can comprehend your opinion.
Completely serious. And I definitely can't comprehend your opinion. The only thing "superior" could mean here is "vaguely less stupid." Schumacher's Batman movies are cartoons... you know, like Batman. Nolan's series is just Die Hard with Halloween costumes.

Objective analysis?

Nolan wins on action. Hands down.
Nolan and Schumacher both lose gloriously on realism. Schumacher slightly less so because "realism" was nowhere in his mission statement.
Nolan and Schumacher both win gloriously on perfect villain representation. The Joker for Nolan and The Riddler for Schumacher. I despise Jim Carey but he was a fantastic Riddler.
Nolan and Schumacher are tied for their ability to spit in the franchise's face with their Batman casting. Bale for Nolan, obviously, and Val Kilmer for Schumacher. People will argue that Christian Bale doesn't suck but I refuse to believe there isn't more to the Batman character than doing an impression of an angry Rottweiler trying too hard to narrate a Raymond Chandler novel. RAH RAH RAH RAH WURRRZ THE TRIGGGGGERRRRRRR RAH RAH RAH RAH.

It's pointless to even argue this anyway because it's like trying to determine the Valedictorian of the shortbus. If it's Batman media, it's going to be cancerous to any part of you that doesn't have a childlike inability to distinguish fantasy from reality.

I still don't understand this mentality that Nolan's series is for some reason "smart" or whatever. The biggest difference is that Nolan's movies are less theatrical. But they follow the same plot lines, have the same cardboard characterizations, the same RIDICULOUS dialogue. For shit's sake, DKR featured an "unlimited energy source" as it's main plot device. The first movie featured a playboy billionaire training with a group of assassins who literally call themselves "The League of Shadows"... what?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lol...there is nothing wrong with the word "realistic" in terms of Batman movies. Truth and real life people are far stranger than The Penguin...

RM Truth

People need to stop using the word "realistic" when discussing Batman movies. Especially the one where a deformed, cat eating baby is tossed into a stream and subsequently raised by a family of sewer penguins.

Sewer. Fucking. Penguins. Thanks, Tim Burton.

Completely serious. And I definitely can't comprehend your opinion. The only thing "superior" could mean here is "vaguely less stupid." Schumacher's Batman movies are cartoons... you know, like Batman. Nolan's series is just Die Hard with Halloween costumes.

Objective analysis?

Nolan and Schumacher both lose gloriously on realism. Schumacher slightly less so because "realism" was nowhere in his mission statement.
Nolan and Schumacher both win gloriously on perfect villain representation. The Joker for Nolan and The Riddler for Schumacher. I despise Jim Carey but he was a fantastic Riddler.
Nolan and Schumacher are tied for their ability to spit in the franchise's face with their Batman casting. Bale for Nolan, obviously, and Val Kilmer for Schumacher. People will argue that Christian Bale doesn't suck but I refuse to believe there isn't more to the Batman character than doing an impression of an angry Rottweiler trying too hard to narrate a Raymond Chandler novel. RAH RAH RAH RAH WURRRZ THE TRIGGGGGERRRRRRR RAH RAH RAH RAH.

It's pointless to even argue this anyway because it's like trying to determine the Valedictorian of the shortbus. If it's Batman media, it's going to be cancerous to any part of you that doesn't have a childlike inability to distinguish fantasy from reality.

I still don't understand this mentality that Nolan's series is for some reason "smart" or whatever. The biggest difference is that Nolan's movies are less theatrical. But they follow the same plot lines, have the same cardboard characterizations, the same RIDICULOUS dialogue. For shit's sake, DKR featured an "unlimited energy source" as it's main plot device. The first movie featured a playboy billionaire training with a group of assassins who literally call themselves "The League of Shadows"... what?

I don't think it's an issue of realism, more of the tone of the movies. Nolan's movies have a much more darker tone than Schumacher's, which is how the tone of the comics is supposed to be. Batman & Robin feels more campy then anything else. That being said, Batman Forever is still probably my favorite Batman movie of all time, and I thought both Val Kilmer and Christian Bale did a great job as Batman.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"

Objective analysis?

Everything is better.
Batman & Robin fails on every level.

I don't get what you mean about the action, yes it's better, but it's nothing too great in my opinion either.

The writing is better, the script is (1000x) better, I mean really, REALLY(?!?!):
Even his terrible puns are dumb: "Freeze in hell Batman! In this universe, there's only one absolute: everything freezes!"

..."A laundry service that delivers? Wow!"
..."You will not send me to the cooler!"

..Anyway, as I was saying, the acting is better in TDK trilogy.

..."Sorry to disappoint you, but my rubber lips are immune to your charms!"

As someone linked earlier:

Take Bane for example, in The Dark Knight Rises he's strong, scary, an exceptional fighter but also intelligent how his character is normally portrayed in the comics, in Batman and Robin he... he... "Bomb!!!!! Bomb!!! Bomb!!!"

I'm sorry but are you really comparing the league of shadows, renamed from "The League of Assassins" from the comics, to all of the shitty, stupid stuff in Batman & Robin???

Someone help me out here.

Oh and yeah the Dark Knight trilogy Bale Batman voice is pretty dumb, but not nearly as worse as Bat-nipples/Bat-credit card. C'mon.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
dude they didn't even try to hide the fact that it was a rubber shark.

also the bomb scene was absolutely hilarious.
I'm saying Batman (1966) was partly a comedy.

Also, for anyone who thinks Batman & Robin was good or as good as TDK, George Clooney outright apologised for Batman & Robin.

Here's some more reasons why it sucked: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118688/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm#.2.1.2
Read the "Why did this movie receive so much criticism?"