What's new

10 reasons Batman & Robin is a good movie #

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Thank you Prinz
I watched this like a month ago...all geared up for Poison Ivy and what not...and O.MG. I couldn't believe how terrible this movie this was...I mean just AWEFUL. I couldn't tell if it was a joke...or a joke within a joke. Arnold and Uma are the only saving grace in this film, imo. George Clooney...blah. Chris O'donnel...blah. Alicia Silverstone...BLAH.

The intro was so odd and rushed. Omg...the skating around ice hockey style...the shuttle heading up to space...ugh...so weird. lol. Alfred sick...Bane was blah...

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Thank you Prinz
I watched this like a month ago...all geared up for Poison Ivy and what not...and O.MG. I couldn't believe how terrible this movie this was...I mean just AWEFUL. I couldn't tell if it was a joke...or a joke within a joke. Arnold and Uma are the only saving grace in this film, imo. George Clooney...blah. Chris O'donnel...blah. Alicia Silverstone...BLAH.

The intro was so odd and rushed. Omg...the skating around ice hockey style...the shuttle heading up to space...ugh...so weird. lol. Alfred sick...Bane was blah...
George Clooney was better then Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Uma Thurman, in my opinion.

But yes, everything in this movie was at best blah.

RunwayMafia

George Clooney was better then Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Uma Thurman, in my opinion.

But yes, everything in this movie was at best blah.
Yeah, it's def. a personal taste...I just don't really care for George in general. This film is so odd...i mean, it really wouldn't have been that difficult to produce a somewhat decent film...but this was just like a rich executive being bored out their mind...

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Yeah, it's def. a personal taste...I just don't really care for George in general. This film is so odd...i mean, it really wouldn't have been that difficult to produce a somewhat decent film...but this was just like a rich executive being bored out their mind...
Yeah, I agree.

Also, for those who didn't know, Clooney himself has expressed "negative" opinions about the film, and his role in it.

RunwayMafia

Yeah, I agree.

Also, for those who didn't know, Clooney himself has expressed "negative" opinions about the film, and his role in it.
Yeah. My roommate was telling me that Val Kilmer and the director hated each other or something...so that's why he didn't return. Batman Returns was my first and favorite Batman film...i loved how dark it was. So of course I had high expectations with B&R and my god...i just couldn't believe it, lol.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Yeah. My roommate was telling me that Val Kilmer and the director hated each other or something...so that's why he didn't return. Batman Returns was my first and favorite Batman film...i loved how dark it was. So of course I had high expectations with B&R and my god...i just couldn't believe it, lol.
Tssk, Batman Returns wasn't so good in my opinion either.. not as bad as Batman & Robin but still below average.
And I really didn't think much of Val as Batman either.

But I did enjoy it.

RunwayMafia

Tssk, Batman Returns wasn't so good in my opinion either.. not as bad as Batman & Robin but still below average.
And I really didn't think much of Val as Batman either.

But I did enjoy it.
Why didn't you like Batman Returns? Just curious because I find it amazing...lol. I haven't seen much of the new BM franchise but I did tune in to TDK Rises for Catwoman...and I was pleasantly surprised.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Why didn't you like Batman Returns? Just curious because I find it amazing...lol. I haven't seen much of the new BM franchise but I did tune in to TDK Rises for Catwoman...and I was pleasantly surprised.
Wait, which movie are you talking about?

Batman with Val Kilmer, or Batman Returns with Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito and Michelle Phifer?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
It's pretty overrated. It wouldn't have gotten all the recognition it got if Ledger didn't OD.
Gee I don't know about that.
Maybe overrated, but I wouldn't say that.

It was a great movie, and Ledger's performance was top notch.

Danny Devito, Michael and Michelle is my all time favorite.
Ah okay, my mistake I was thinking of Batman Forever with Tommy Lee Jones, Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey.
Yeah Batman Returns is good.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Rank the Batman movies?
Just so we don't get too far away, it's out of:
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
------
For me:
The Dark Knight
Batman
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I still maintain that Joel Schumacher made the best Batman movies ever. People can ride Nolan's dick until they're shitting cum into their sixties but the fact of the matter is that if you try to take a superhero movie seriously, you miss the point in a really big way.

Reality of the situation: Nolan's Batman movies are every, single, fucking, bit as stupid as Schumacher's movies. The difference is that Schumacher has the ability to admit to and revel in the stupidity. Where as Nolan does his best to take himself as seriously as humanly possible.

The only thing Nolan has over Schumacher is that Nolan's action sequences are objectively superior, but that's a difference in who gets the biggest budget.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I still maintain that Joel Schumacher made the best Batman movies ever. People can ride Nolan's dick until they're shitting cum into their sixties but the fact of the matter is that if you try to take a superhero movie seriously, you miss the point in a really big way.

Reality of the situation: Nolan's Batman movies are every, single, fucking, bit as stupid as Schumacher's movies. The difference is that Schumacher has the ability to admit to and revel in the stupidity. Where as Nolan does his best to take himself as seriously as humanly possible.

The only thing Nolan has over Schumacher is that Nolan's action sequences are objectively superior, but that's a difference in who gets the biggest budget.
Not sure if serious...

No. I disagree completely, nearly everything about Schumacher's Batman movies are terrible, and Nolan's series is superior.

I'm not sure that I can comprehend your opinion.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

Horrendous story, and I felt that Danny De Vito did a horrible job with The Penguin. Michele Phifer was okay as Catwoman, but the ending to that movie was just weird.

RunwayMafia

Horrendous story, and I felt that Danny De Vito did a horrible job with The Penguin. Michele Phifer was okay as Catwoman, but the ending to that movie was just weird.
T0 each their own I guess. I actually loved the rather simplistic/modest storyline in Batman Returns. The crime boss running for mayor and Catwoman simply wanting to frame Batman...Idk, it just seemed more realistic to me, like this could actually happen quite frequently in Gotham as opposed to some diabolical plan to destroy or rule the world only to end in some massive explosion.

Also, I believe Danny Devito was nominated for an Oscar for his role as Penguin.