What's new

Your Most Anticipated Games For 2024

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Will absolutely sweep GOTY awards, can see it already, and from what I've seen (and played) thus far, rightly so!

Combat system is great, building on a good foundation with FF7 remake and adding more. Visuals are fantastic. Huge variety of minigames and side content too. The wealth of content is utterly staggering. Interested in where they take the story too.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Will absolutely sweep GOTY awards, can see it already, and from what I've seen (and played) thus far, rightly so!

Combat system is great, building on a good foundation with FF7 remake and adding more. Visuals are fantastic. Huge variety of minigames and side content too. The wealth of content is utterly staggering. Interested in where they take the story too.
I've never played a final fantasy games. It's a pretty sparse year for games, that is one of the only long-anticipated games.

My year for new games was just Tekken 8 and Shadow of the Erdtree. Which is good, because it'll give me time to dedicate to T8 and replaying Elden Ring, plus all the PSVR games I need to get back into.

I'm not feeling too hot about MK1 at the moment, but once Ermac comes out and/or the game gets a shot in the arm somehow I'm sure I'll jump back in eventually.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It is hard to say, as "anticipated games" mean you need to know of their existence.... I did a quick google to see what is coming.
  • Space Marine 2
  • The Wolverine Game
    • by the guys that made The Spiderman Games
  • The Wonder Woman game
    • by the guys that made the Mordor Lord of the Rings Games.
  • MK1 Kombat Pack 2 + Story Pack 2
  • Under Night In-Birth 2
  • Project L
  • Starfield DLC
  • Avowed
    • a new fantasy rpg by the guys that made Fallout New Vagus and Outer Worlds.
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio
    • A jRPG by the dudes that made Persona.
  • Final Fantasy
    • whatever is the new one. They are all good. I'm waiting for all of the 7 remake to come out before I start that.
  • Rise of the Ronin
    • a Ghost of Tsushima type thing.
  • Star Wars Outlaws
    • billed as Red Dead Redemption in space.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It is hard to say, as "anticipated games" mean you need to know of their existence.... I did a quick google to see what is coming.
  • Space Marine 2
  • The Wolverine Game
    • by the guys that made The Spiderman Games
  • The Wonder Woman game
    • by the guys that made the Mordor Lord of the Rings Games.
  • MK1 Kombat Pack 2 + Story Pack 2
  • Under Night In-Birth 2
  • Project L
  • Starfield DLC
  • Avowed
    • a new fantasy rpg by the guys that made Fallout New Vagus and Outer Worlds.
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio
    • A jRPG by the dudes that made Persona.
  • Final Fantasy
    • whatever is the new one. They are all good. I'm waiting for all of the 7 remake to come out before I start that.
  • Rise of the Ronin
    • a Ghost of Tsushima type thing.
  • Star Wars Outlaws
    • billed as Red Dead Redemption in space.
Forgot about rise of the ronin, if it’s the one I think it is. I would say Wolverine too but Spiderman 2 kinda killed my hype for that game.

Jynks

Oh I should probably add "Satisfactory". The thing is coming out of early access I think in 2024 and it is an amazingly addictive game.

Wolverine too but Spiderman 2 kinda killed my hype for that game.
You didn't like Spiderman 2? Crazy. That game was amazing. I loved every second of it. It is widely regarded as one of the best games of 2023.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Oh I should probably add "Satisfactory". The thing is coming out of early access I think in 2024 and it is an amazingly addictive game.

You didn't like Spiderman 2? Crazy. That game was amazing. I loved every second of it. It is widely regarded as one of the best games of 2023.
I can recognize that Spiderman 2 is an objectively high quality game, so it's purely my preference. I think the combat is decent and stacks up ok with most action games and web swinging is fun.

I don't like the story (don't wanna spoil for others), sidelining of Peter, Miles not being as cool as the Spiderverse version, them not having the balls to kill anyone, the boring movie game sections (aka just poor pacing), or the art style. I don't like them just trying to do New York when the Batman game have so much style, at least give it some Spiderman flare. These games will look like shit in 5 years cause they're relying only on technology to make a pretty game, meanwhile Arkham Asylum still is pleasing to look at despite being heavily outdated, because it has actual character and style.

I think Wolverine is gonna be heavily sanitized and generic.

Jynks

I don't like the story (don't wanna spoil for others), sidelining of Peter, Miles not being as cool as the Spiderverse version, them not having the balls to kill anyone, the boring movie game sections (aka just poor pacing), or the art style. I don't like them just trying to do New York when the Batman game have so much style, at least give it some Spiderman flare. These games will look like shit in 5 years cause they're relying only on technology to make a pretty game, meanwhile Arkham Asylum still is pleasing to look at despite being heavily outdated, because it has actual character and style.
fair enough... each to their own though. The not killing people confuses me as they killed a bunch of villains and major civilian characters. It is pretty hard to not use New York, I mean that would be like doing daredevil out of hell's kitchen. He is a new york hero, always has been.

For me... I really liked that you could basically ignore Miles. I guess as I grew up with Peter Parker, I just consider him Spiderman. I never played Miles once, unless the game forced me to. Peter is the awesome one! My kid was the opposite. He basically never played Peter, apart from the few times you are forced to. heh.. to me Mile is just the low rent copy. As for the pacing, yeah, completely disagree on that as well. I actually thought the pacing was spot on. It felt like you were in a epic film. With full arcs and crescendos and lulls. I was a perfect. So good in fact my wife watched me and the kids play most of the entire game. She NEVER dose that, but the experience was so film like that she really enjoyed it.

The arkham games do look extremely good still, though I would say Spiderman 1 and 2 will also look really good. Think about Uncharted. Spiderman has a similar style to uncharted as in a kind of sudo-realism. Those games still look great, particularly the final version, but even the older ones still hold up. I do not think stylisation is a marker of longevity. Uncharted looks dope, and Spiderman 1 and 2 look like uncharted, but better.

Again, I'm not trying to argue with you.. I just wanted to answer to your points from my perspective. Personal taste makes no sense to anyone but the person, this is why it is called "personal". Our comments are not in conflict.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
fair enough... each to their own though. The not killing people confuses me as they killed a bunch of villains and major civilian characters. It is pretty hard to not use New York, I mean that would be like doing daredevil out of hell's kitchen. He is a new york hero, always has been.

For me... I really liked that you could basically ignore Miles. I guess as I grew up with Peter Parker, I just consider him Spiderman. I never played Miles once, unless the game forced me to. Peter is the awesome one! My kid was the opposite. He basically never played Peter, apart from the few times you are forced to. heh.. to me Mile is just the low rent copy. As for the pacing, yeah, completely disagree on that as well. I actually thought the pacing was spot on. It felt like you were in a epic film. With full arcs and crescendos and lulls. I was a perfect. So good in fact my wife watched me and the kids play most of the entire game. She NEVER dose that, but the experience was so film like that she really enjoyed it.

The arkham games do look extremely good still, though I would say Spiderman 1 and 2 will also look really good. Think about Uncharted. Spiderman has a similar style to uncharted as in a kind of sudo-realism. Those games still look great, particularly the final version, but even the older ones still hold up. I do not think stylisation is a marker of longevity. Uncharted looks dope, and Spiderman 1 and 2 look like uncharted, but better.

Again, I'm not trying to argue with you.. I just wanted to answer to your points from my perspective. Personal taste makes no sense to anyone but the person, this is why it is called "personal". Our comments are not in conflict.
I hear ya man, different strokes and all that, glad you enjoy the game

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I've never played a final fantasy games. It's a pretty sparse year for games, that is one of the only long-anticipated games.
Some of them are top tier, some of them are very meh.

FF7 is often considered the GOAT FF. It's worth giving FF7 Remake a try. There's a demo on the PSN Store, or you could jump straight into the Rebirth demo instead, which has gameplay improvements. Whilst I'd always recommend playing FF7 Remake first (which is part 1), you could probably jump into Rebirth as they summarise the key events of the first game anyway in a recap video, so you're not COMPLETELY blind.

• Persona 3 Reload (playing)
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Metaphor Refantazio
  • Legend of Heroes Trails Through Daybreak
  • Visions of Mana
  • FFXIV Dawntrail
  • Ys X (hopefully this year)
  • Whatever DLC MK1 has is store for us after KP1.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really these are the only games I’m looking forward to for 2024. But there could be some I’m forgetting as well as some that I’m not looking forward to and/or maybe don’t even know what it is, but turns out to be amazing. Anyway, here’s my short list:

-Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC [RDU/TBA]

-Dragon’s Dogma 2 [March 22]

-Rise of the Ronin (PS5) [March 22]

-Stellar Blade (PS5) [April 26]

-Black Myth: Wukong [August 20]

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It looks great. Looks like the DLC entrance is the Mogh boss room, which makes total sense given the lore implications.
Bro, this was such a sick trailer! I’m actually glad they didn’t show too many of the new weapons and spells, I want to find all of them on my own and test them myself. That said, whatever that incantation was that gives you angel wings… that looked DOPE AF! And of course all the bosses looked gnarly, man I cannot wait!

And not only did they post the release date, it’s only 4 months away in June! I thought for sure it was gonna be at the EARLIEST in late Fall, like in November or something. Welp, time to plan to put in PTO for the 21st!