What's new

Your Most Anticipated Games For 2024

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What games launching this year are you guys most excited for? There's a lot of issues with the gaming industry and suicide squat was a wet fart, but theres still a few games I'm pumped for:

1. Dragon's Dogma 2 (March 22) - All the gameplay looks incredible, the RPG elements look well fleshed out, and the combat looks really fun. Hopefully this is another certified Capcom banger and removes the jank from the first game and improves on the fun gameplay loop. Graphics look great too if that kind of thing matters to you. I can't wait to try out all the classes as well.

2. Elden Ring DLC - If it comes out this year (PLEASE)

3. Black Myth Wukong - Gameplay looks cool and should be a fun, original game. Looks like great combat and beautiful art style.

These games peak my interest the most and some of the good ones like RE4R, BG3, and Dead Space Remake deserve some more time as well in the meantime. What games are you guys gonna play this year? I don't wanna miss any good ones, since I only have three I'm looking forward to (with only 2 having actual release dates, and 1 being a DLC for a 2022 game).

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
World of goo 2 and Wukong. The rest looks like generic sci-fi shooters, honestly.
It looks like a pretty rough year for gaming dude. Last year was one of the better ones in the last several years, but there were like 5 good games. Even though I'm trying to be positive. I'm very excited for Dragons Dogma, hopefully it lives up to expectations.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I hope DLC characters lead to gates being opened and all characters getting more tools. A few free kameos and characters wouldn't hurt either.

Back to topic; I can't wait to see more of No Rest For The Wicked from Moon Studios.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
(Honestly, it kinda looks like shit but I'm still hype for it)

TORMENTOR

Phantom Fury

Agent 64: Spies Never Die
(it says 2023 but it was delayed)

1. Avowed (always loved Obsidian)
  2. Starfield: Shattered Space DLC (great game that begs for more content)
  3. Hellblade 2, Stalker 2
from the top of my head.

and id love a new virtua fighter or soul calibur soon

I actually found 2024 pretty dry for gaming, as the only titles that came out that interested me were Diablo IV and Mortal Kombat 1. I spent much of the year playing titles that came out years earlier.

For 2025, it's looking like more of the same. The only thing coming out that may interest me is the Diablo IV expansion, "Path of Hatred," I think it's called. That assumes it a) does come out this year after all and b) I decide to get it right away instead of waiting for a sale like I did with the main game.

I'm hoping for a Gears 6 announcement this year, with a release in 2025 though. We'll see. I'd also like to know what id Software is working on.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I actually found 2024 pretty dry for gaming, as the only titles that came out that interested me were Diablo IV and Mortal Kombat 1. I spent much of the year playing titles that came out years earlier.

For 2025, it's looking like more of the same. The only thing coming out that may interest me is the Diablo IV expansion, "Path of Hatred," I think it's called. That assumes it a) does come out this year after all and b) I decide to get it right away instead of waiting for a sale like I did with the main game.

I'm hoping for a Gears 6 announcement this year, with a release in 2025 though. We'll see. I'd also like to know what id Software is working on.
We have enough overlap in games we like that I feel like I can recommend Resident Evil 4 Remake to you pretty confidently. Consider picking up the gold edition that is about to come out

We have enough overlap in games we like that I feel like I can recommend Resident Evil 4 Remake to you pretty confidently. Consider picking up the gold edition that is about to come out
Thanks. I'm actually not a fan of the series (or Capcom in general), but I appreciate the thought.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Shadow of the Erdtree DLC for Elden Ring
1.0 release of Last Epoch
Silksong (lol)
First DLC for Baldur's Gate 3 (if there even ends up being any this year)

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dude it’s gonna be so good. I know they’re making something special.
I typically don’t get annoyed at FromSoft very often, but I will say that they have taken way too long to release the DLC. And it’s kinda like a similar issue I have with NRS, I wish they’d communicate more and have more transparency. Because the announcement that the DLC was in development was over a year ago and we are coming up on the 2 year release anniversary of the game at the end of this month (Feb 25th). As far as I remember, they’ve never taken this long to release any planned DLC for their games. And I of course understand that Elden Ring is a very different game especially as far as size is concerned by at least an order of magnitude. But all most of us want is some sort of update or perhaps a trailer. Souls game DLC is typically always some of the best content in their games, so that plus the long wait is building up super high expectations. So I just hope they aren’t setting themselves up for failure. Even though I have full confidence in FromSoft unlike literally any other company/dev/publisher, it’s still frustrating being in the dark for this long. Especially with what we already went through with the game itself and how long it took to release from when it was announced.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I typically don’t get annoyed at FromSoft very often, but I will say that they have taken way too long to release the DLC. And it’s kinda like a similar issue I have with NRS, I wish they’d communicate more and have more transparency. Because the announcement that the DLC was in development was over a year ago and we are coming up on the 2 year release anniversary of the game at the end of this month (Feb 25th). As far as I remember, they’ve never taken this long to release any planned DLC for their games. And I of course understand that Elden Ring is a very different game especially as far as size is concerned by at least an order of magnitude. But all most of us want is some sort of update or perhaps a trailer. Souls game DLC is typically always some of the best content in their games, so that plus the long wait is building up super high expectations. So I just hope they aren’t setting themselves up for failure. Even though I have full confidence in FromSoft unlike literally any other company/dev/publisher, it’s still frustrating being in the dark for this long. Especially with what we already went through with the game itself and how long it took to release from when it was announced.
They are one of the only developers I still trust. I think this will be more of a true expansion like games used to have rather than just DLC, I think it’ll be something worth waiting for.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They are one of the only developers I still trust. I think this will be more of a true expansion like games used to have rather than just DLC, I think it’ll be something worth waiting for.
Same, 100% the only ones I still fully trust.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Same, 100% the only ones I still fully trust.
I’m glad they’re taking their time with it. Hopefully that means they’re just coming up with a ton of new enemies to fight, and making completely original bosses. Elden Ring is a great game, but what kept it from being a 10/10 for me was the endgame having lower quality. If the whole game was as good as Limgrave - Leyndell, then it would be top 5 all time for me, but on replays I usually stop after Morgot. That’s one of the downsides of a modest studio relative to other developers making games of a similar scope - although they more than make up for any limitations, even if they reused a lot of stuff.

Astel being fought twice ruined how special it was, we didn’t need two spectral deer, and 13 Erdtree Avatars. I’m hoping the extra time translates to solely new and original content. Malenia for instance was a repurposed Sekrio boss from cancelled DLC, which makes waterfowl dance make WAY more sense.

Sekiro, Bloodborne, and most of Dark Souls 1 were really tight well designed action games, but Elden Ring worked for me because of the sense of adventure more than anything, with Dark Souls 3 combat being a bonus. The long wait sucks, but it also confirms why FromSoft is literally 7/7 in these souls games, especially Miyazaki being 6/6 for the games he is responsible for.

Also how would you rank the 7 Soulsborne FromSoft games? Everyone feels so different

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m glad they’re taking their time with it. Hopefully that means they’re just coming up with a ton of new enemies to fight, and making completely original bosses. Elden Ring is a great game, but what kept it from being a 10/10 for me was the endgame having lower quality. If the whole game was as good as Limgrave - Leyndell, then it would be top 5 all time for me, but on replays I usually stop after Morgot. That’s one of the downsides of a modest studio relative to other developers making games of a similar scope - although they more than make up for any limitations, even if they reused a lot of stuff.

Astel being fought twice ruined how special it was, we didn’t need two spectral deer, and 13 Erdtree Avatars. I’m hoping the extra time translates to solely new and original content. Malenia for instance was a repurposed Sekrio boss from cancelled DLC, which makes waterfowl dance make WAY more sense.

Sekiro, Bloodborne, and most of Dark Souls 1 were really tight well designed action games, but Elden Ring worked for me because of the sense of adventure more than anything, with Dark Souls 3 combat being a bonus. The long wait sucks, but it also confirms why FromSoft is literally 7/7 in these souls games, especially Miyazaki being 6/6 for the games he is responsible for.

Also how would you rank the 7 Soulsborne FromSoft games? Everyone feels so different
Speaking of Elden Ring DLC, some news…

"What is the development status of DLC for Elden Ring and when will it be released"
Kadokawa's answer: "We are currently working hard on the development of DLC for Elden Ring but we have not announced a release date at this time."

Elsewhere, Kadokawa outlines the "future outlook" for FromSoftware. It says: "various measures are currently in progress for Elden Ring, including the development of major DLC, to maximize [lifetime value]."