What's new

Your 3 favorite MK characters of all time?

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
MKX favorite: Scorpion

Overall favorites:
1: Scorpion (Always has been and always will be my favorite MK character since way back in MK1)
2: Human Smoke (mostly in the classic games really MK2/UMK3/MKT)
3: Frost (liked her design when I first heard of her and it was fun playing a female sub-zero to essentially compliment scorpion)

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
MKX: Kotal Kahn. He brings a kotally different vibe with him.
a) Being of Aztec design (It's interests me) makes him feel both alien and at home at the same time.
b) He doesn't want a realm just because, nor does he seek to destroy the world; he only wants to keep Outworld intact.

1. Bo' Rai Cho: he's the reason mk exists in this orientation. A slob who can take down competent warriors while inebriated ups the cool factor.
2. Ermac: Telekinesis is cool.
3. Kenshi: A Telekinetic blind swordsman is cooler Sub-Zero's frosty naughty-bits.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
With how much MK has changed throughout the years, I'm interested to hear what people's all-time favorites are... who have you enjoyed playing the most? Since MKX is fresh, first list your MKX favorite, then your top 3 from any MK.

MKX Favorite: Takeda
I think he's the most interesting new character in the game. When I first saw Arturo doing his b+2,1 on stream, I knew he would be my favorite character before I ever even touched the game.

All Time
#1 - MK2 Reptile
To this day, MK2 Reptile is my favorite character to play, ever, despite his bottom tier status. His look and moves are so iconic to me, and he feels completely at home in the MK2 engine. I still remember the first day I went to the arcade to play MK2, thinking holy shit I get to play as the secret character from MK1!

#2 - MK9 Ermac
God damn, this character was fun. I've always had a thing for Ermac since he was supposed to be a hidden character, but this incarnation was particularly awesome. Instant air blast was badass, levitate cancels were swaggy if not useful, and his charged b+2 cancels were fun as hell.

#3 - MK3 Sektor
MK3 is so damn good, and Sektor feels so damn stylish to me. I thought the introduction of robots were cool to begin with, and his teleport and missles sealed the deal for me. Still my #1 pick when throwing down MK3.

So who do you love? Gonna tag a few people who I'm interested to hear from.
@Pig Of The Hut
@K7L33THA
@DanCock
@coolwhip
@RunwayMafia
@WidowPuppy
@16 Bit
@Blackula
@Compbros
@Qwark28
@Slips
@General M2Dave
@Mr Aquaman
@Eldriken
@Espio
@SaltShaker
@GGA Dizzy
@Mikemetroid
@STORMS
@Shock

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
With how much MK has changed throughout the years, I'm interested to hear what people's all-time favorites are... who have you enjoyed playing the most? Since MKX is fresh, first list your MKX favorite, then your top 3 from any MK.

MKX Favorite: Takeda
I think he's the most interesting new character in the game. When I first saw Arturo doing his b+2,1 on stream, I knew he would be my favorite character before I ever even touched the game.

All Time
#1 - MK2 Reptile
To this day, MK2 Reptile is my favorite character to play, ever, despite his bottom tier status. His look and moves are so iconic to me, and he feels completely at home in the MK2 engine. I still remember the first day I went to the arcade to play MK2, thinking holy shit I get to play as the secret character from MK1!

#2 - MK9 Ermac
God damn, this character was fun. I've always had a thing for Ermac since he was supposed to be a hidden character, but this incarnation was particularly awesome. Instant air blast was badass, levitate cancels were swaggy if not useful, and his charged b+2 cancels were fun as hell.

#3 - MK3 Sektor
MK3 is so damn good, and Sektor feels so damn stylish to me. I thought the introduction of robots were cool to begin with, and his teleport and missles sealed the deal for me. Still my #1 pick when throwing down MK3.

So who do you love? Gonna tag a few people who I'm interested to hear from.
@Pig Of The Hut
@K7L33THA
@DanCock
@coolwhip
@RunwayMafia
@WidowPuppy
@16 Bit
@Blackula
@Compbros
@Qwark28
@Slips
@General M2Dave
@Mr Aquaman
@Eldriken
@Espio
@SaltShaker
@GGA Dizzy
@Mikemetroid
@STORMS
@Shock
Mk3 sub (prior to umk nerf i loved that clone)
Umk jax
Umk sonya.

I continue to use thise same characters outside of sonya in mk9 and mkx as I replaced her with kung lao.

Yoaks

A spaceman
MKX Favorite : Ferra Torr.
The character is so unique in they're design. Using Ferra as a projectile along within they're strings. Her quotes etc. NRS did a great job with this character along with the rest of the new cast of villain characters.

#1 Kenshi (MKX)
For a long time my favorite character has been Baraka. But Kenshi has grown on me. Being a blind master swordsman with telekinesis is just too cool!
The way he moves when he's idle is done wonderfully! Him moving his head and arms around trying to get a sense what's around him is awesome! Same with the character select screen once you pick him. Spinning Sento in the air and you see the souls of his ancestors! Bravo NRS!

#2 Baraka (Deception)
This is the character that introduced me to MK. Never played a mk game until mkx was annouced. So I tried out and practiced Baraka in mk9.
The character is just so vicious looking. With the teeth, arm blades etc.
He's the main reason I play Mileena in this game.

#3 Sektor (MK9)
Always loved this character but more so in mk9. Loved his look and design! Flamethrowers, missiles, teleports into and out of The Matrix, Robo dreads, the color red and he's a Cybernetic Ninja that's crazy! He's awesome!
Shame him and Cyrax have been killed off. Instead we get Jacqui Cassie, Jin and Takeda -_-. No bueno NRS.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
1) Kung Lao cause by design he should shit on everyone (i like his humble yet badass attitude in MKX the most)
2) Bo rai cho cause drunken shaolin master is a must, and he's also master of Waataaa
3) Fujin, cause of tornados, tempests and stuff, plus, he's a demi-god. #FujinforKP2

BMartin

Has no idea
1. Johnny Cage
2. Raiden
3. Kenshi

But if we're talking just the new cast introduced in MKX then:
1. Cassie Cage
2. Kotal Kahn
3. Erron Black

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@Skkra I like MK9 and Deception Baraka probably tied for most. He had a right cross in deception that remains like my fave normal in any mk game lol, but mk9 baraka was awesome as well. I miss blade charge

Probably mk9 and mkx jax are tied. I love playing both of them. They both feel right for the style of gameplay in each installment, don't make me choose! :eek:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I assume you prefer his MK9 version over all other incarnations?
It'd be a fair assessment to say yes. Cyrax has always been that dude...wanted to tell the Grandmaster and Sektor to shove it, got his humanity back and tried to be the good guy again...but then Nitara sends him after the damn Onaga egg and who the hell knows now. I feel like since they already milked that story with CSZ/MKX Sub that they're gonna end up doing something new entirely with him. Look at how Ermac turned out; in the original timeline he ends up freeing himself of Shao Kahn, turning face, helping Kenshi, etc., but this time around he ended up just being an insane side lackey.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
They'd probably have to be Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero, and Sindel. The third choice was hard, but my first two are solid.

Nothing even comes remotely close to the amount of fun I had with MK9 Noob Saibot. :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sektor and Bi-Han are my two absolute favorites. I don't have three.

As far as MKX, Kotal and D'vorah are my favorites, although I like all of the newcomers

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They'd probably have to be Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero, and Sindel. The third choice was hard, but my first two are solid.

Nothing even comes remotely close to the amount of fun I had with MK9 Noob Saibot. :)
Pffft I would body your Noob free son.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Before MKX:

1) Rain
2) Sub-Zero
3) Ermac

After MKX:

1) Kung Jin - He's without a doubt my favorite MK character now. When they first introduced him, I was elated to see that the franchise finally has a dedicated archer. Then in game, we learn that he's also a Shaolin monk with a tumultuous past. He's not perfect by any means; he's a cocksure guy whose overconfidence and impulsiveness sometimes translate into grade A douchebaggery, but his ability to take responsibility, capacity for kindness, and willingness to learn from his mistakes make up for it. I love that he's both realistic and relatable.

2) Rain - He's a demigod prince who manipulates the weather. That's OD. I just wish they'd give him more of a significant role in the story. Out of all the ninja characters, he's my favorite.

3) Sub-Zero - Always thought his powers were cool. I was heavily into Iceman from X-Men as a little boy and when I saw a character who had similar abilities as him, I knew I had to play him. One of the best MKX moments, IMO, is when Kuai puts his enmity towards Hanzo behind him to start anew. I hope their temporary alliance becomes a permanent one in the future.

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
MKX:
1.Tremor
2.Shinnok
3.Kotal Kahn (or at least up until he was ruined by the Story mode :( )

In General:
1.Smoke (Gonna catch a lot of heat for this...but he's my favorite ninja)
2.Sektor (Missiles and a Teleport Uppercut. What's not to love?)
3.Don't really have a 3rd :(