What's new

Your 3 favorite MK characters of all time?

Ermac
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung

Boy, this was hard after Ermac.

Runner ups:
Shinnok, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Kano, Noob Saibot and Rain

Lokheit

Noob
1st: Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang).

He had the most character development and the best story out of any character leading to Armagedon. I hated when in the new timeline they turned him into a fridge just for shock value (it didn't have any effect in the story and was done just to change random stuff for the sake of it, it happened out of stupidity given how Raiden didn't have any problem helping Smoke, they probably planned to kill him from the beginning so they could easily revert that nonsense which shows that the writers knew it was a stupid decision made for shock value) but now he's back to his human form and got the scar again (plus taking a very similar path to the original timeline) so we can act like the fridge stuff never happened.

2nd: Sareena

Probably her relationship with Kuai Liang from MKDA (GBA version) to MKA (her bio covered a lot of stuff, given her a lot more background than many other characters in the cast) is what made me like her originally, but she's a very cool character on her own, the backstory of a netherealmer figuring out she can be a force of good despite her origins and fighting for it is one of the best out of the cast even if she didn't have too much spotlight. I was hoping to see her interact with Kuai Liang during MKX but I guess I'll have to wait. The next time she is playable (hoping for DLC but probably next game) I hope with the variations they can show her alternate form.

3rd:

This spot is hard to pick as there are many characters that I like a lot after my top 2 characters: Kenshi, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Noob, Quan Chi, Sindel, Reiko...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Me? Really?

MKX Favorite - Cassie Cage. I'm weird when it comes to fighters, when picking mains I do one of two things. Either I go through the entire roster until I find a character that clicks with me or I know who I'm gonna main no matter what. Cassie was the latter, her attitude just completely captured me and I knew around September of last year that I'd be playing her. Now I've played the entire cast and, still, Cassie is who I find more fun than anyone. I simply love everything about this character.

All Time:

1. UMK3 Liu Kang - Liu Kang IS Mortal Kombat for me. The first game system I ever owned was the original gameboy and the first game I ever had was Mortal Kombat. Liu was the first character I picked and I stuck with him all the way through MK9. He's also the first person I ever performed a fatality with. But UMK3 is the height of the character and the one I feel he really shines, moveset wise.

2. MK2 Sub-Zero - This is a stupid reason honestly. My brother and I were very competitive with each other in all fighters: Tekken (Law vs. Paul), Street Fighter (Ryu vs. Ken), Bloody Roar (Yugo/Alice vs. Bukaryu/Uriko), MK, etc. He was a fan of Scorpion so I gravitated towards Sub-Zero. The more I played Sub in MK2 though the less it became about being an antithesis of his pick and more a love for the character. MK2 is the first time I wanted to learn more about the lore of a character because I thought Sub-zero was really cool....ignore the pun.

3. MK9 Sonya Blade - The character that made me want to be competitive in fighters and made me want to actually get good instead of just "best on my block" good. As I said earlier, up until MK9 I still played Liu more than anyone but about 3-4 months into MK9 I started trying out other characters and I don't know what it was with Sonya but I started playing her more and more to the point where I just dropped Liu. At one point it was between her and Shang Tsung but she just blew everyone out the water.

Schuyler

Noob
Cassie cage since shes that mix of an asshole and a hero. Plus shes BAE

1 Johnny for the same as cassie but I like cassie more
2 Liu kang but for some reason I dont like him that much in mkx
3. MK9 sonya and jax