What's new

YOMI FOREVER KING Wins Mortal Kombat X @ The Fall Classic 2015!

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
This was a dope tournament and yes, we need to see Michaelangelo and Kitana Prime on commentary more often. On a side note, I usually run over most people online with my ass Sub-Zero (he's not my main, but one of my favorite characters)... But the two times I was completely ran over and was clueless as to what to do was against 2 different Ferra/Torr players and 2 different Goro players. Are they bad match-ups for Sub-Zero?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
This was a dope tournament and yes, we need to see Michaelangelo and Kitana Prime on commentary more often. On a side note, I usually run over most people online with my ass Sub-Zero (he's not my main, but one of my favorite characters)... But the two times I was completely ran over and was clueless as to what to do was against 2 different Ferra/Torr players and 2 different Goro players. Are they bad match-ups for Sub-Zero?
According to @Espio the Goro / Sub Zero MU is 5-5, not sure if that's variation specific or what but yeah.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Lol king sure told all the people doubting he was top 5 in the thread made by Pig.

On a side note MICHAELANGELO KP AND BRADY please commentate more, heck - please get more personalities that are TOP PLAYERS to commentate. Way better than the dull boring commentators which show no emotion/hype and don't even know shit about the game because they were randomly pulled to commentate from a side game at the same event

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Can we all agree that @Kitana Prime is the best mkx commentator?
I suck and I'm never doing it again.

On the off chance that I do, there will be less "boyz" and "stahp" lines. Imagine trying not to use these with it being YOMI everywhere (shit, Michealangelo was my partner) and all listening to/using all of the community slang all weekend long. Thats why it was so prevalent. I agree it was a little excessive, but nothing to get butthurt over.

Actually, nevermind. Forget this defeatist attitude. Im godlike, and 90%+ of people had no real problem and know I should do it more often. I feel super comfortable with Mike, will definitely do it more. Everyone wants to laugh, and also not be fed bullshit knowledge/backstory. Next time.

Nerf Kitana.

On the off chance that I do, there will be less "boyz" and "stahp" lines. Imagine trying not to use these with it being YOMI everywhere (shit, Michealangelo was my partner) and all listening to/using all of the community slang all weekend long. Thats why it was so prevalent. I agree it was a little excessive, but nothing to get butthurt over.

Actually, nevermind. Forget this defeatist attitude. Im godlike, and 90%+ of people had no real problem and know I should do it more often. I feel super comfortable with Mike, will definitely do it more. Everyone wants to laugh, and also not be fed bullshit knowledge/backstory. Next time.

Nerf Kitana.
I'm usually critical of commentary but honestly, you're super solid. Very natural--never seemed forced. Also, you didn't come off as a biased "know it all". I enjoyed the "Meter Building Boyzzz" shtick. Keep it up!

BS3OOO

Noob
Hype ass tournament. It's alway hype seeing people from YOMI step up to try and take Sonic out. MIT fell short, but Slayer finished the deal. That GF was too hype as well. I was cheering for DJT to go all the way with Subby, but I'm cool with FK winning. Congrats @FOREVER KING

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Just an observation:

Everyone has been religiously complaining about Summoner/Ronin/Deceptive etc, yet here we are with a Tempest/HQT/Aftershock/Kitana/etc top 8 yet again.

GG's King! Amazing sub play from DJT too.
ronin is supposedly the most broken character right now, and I didn't see one the whole weekend lol

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun

Nerf Kitana.
You were awesome! You were funny, well informed(you mafe it so new people watching knew what was happening) and made the game seem super hype even when nothing was happening. Keep it up man. #100

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

Nerf Kitana.
You did great! Thanks for doing it. The community really appreciates it.

For all the haters, guys, grow up a bit. Getting commentary for free is not something you're entitled to. If you don't like commentary, just mute your speakers.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
My favorite thing about this Top 8?

It flies in the face of all the talk of MKX having no neutral, no AA's, and it being some brainless 50/50 game.

I can't think of one set where it wasn't a tense back and forth struggle over the neutral, and as such each match was an awesome treat of footsies, spacing, whiff punishing, anti-airing, and just general FG goodness.

To add to this, once you realize that players are STILL learning the game, fleshing out match-up knowledge, and still mining characters/variations for new tech, setups, and ways to maximize opportunities, you can see that the game's meta is still developing.

P.S.

While all the matches were great, special shout out to Slayer on his win over Sonic Fox. Watching that match, Slayer put on an AA conversion clinic, an impeccable showing in the neutral, and just generally showed that he was wholly prepared for the Kitana/Kung matchup. GREAT JOB!

Last edited: