What's new

YOMI | DJT (Kung Lao/Tempest) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Midwest Championships in Murfreesboro, TN

What people dont understand that low hat isnt just a low projectile. It has many uses and makes his other tools better than they are in other variations.

coolwhip

Noob
Nah, seriously. +27 is too much to ignore, and you build 3/4ths of a bar with B321-Hat on block. Denzell was so generous with his meter for those EX Hats because he just got it right back after two blockstrings. Who needs mixups when you've got irritating pressure like that?
The tempest buffs are awesome and 11212~ex hat spin is great. But the combination of low hat + the vastly superior ex spin in buzz-saw (superior to tempest spin that is) is too big a sacrifice in a lot of match-ups.

coolwhip

Noob
No. It isn't.
A low projectile doesn't make up for the faults in his moveset. Tempest is safer, has better pressure and higher damaging combos. It isn't even close.
Yes because all low hat is is a "low projectile" and you didn't mention a single word about ex spin in Buzz-saw. Looking forward for more Kung Lao expertise.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
It is matchup dependant but in no way can you say tempest has better pressure, anti zoning or space control than buzzsaw. You need both variations.
I can say it in any way I want. Tempest IS better and it's not matchup dependant.
It has a better projectile that travels faster and does more damage.
It has a far better ex-spin that works wonders as an anti-air with no risk of whiffing... at all.
It has a hat spin that grants him nearly safe pressure and works wonders when paired with his teleport. Same hat spin grants him a safe pressure and better mixup than Buzzsaw's low projectile.

It it hits you get a free combo. If it's blocked you get to choose whatever the hell you want to do. Not to mention that the oponent has to respect it when it's active.

Keep picking buzzsaw over tempest. Then keep downplaying Lao and saying he's mid tier, weak or whatever bullshit you guys keep saying about him.
Maybe next patch, tempest gets buffed again.

Saying Buzzsaw is better than Tempest is the same as saying hat trick is better than Buzzsaw.

Zephyrus

Yes because all low hat is is a "low projectile" and you didn't mention a single word about ex spin in Buzz-saw. Looking forward for more Kung Lao expertise.
yes, that's pretty much what it is.
It isn't even safe to throw it on point blank when your string is blocked. Unlike hat spin.
And poor you if you think ex-spin in buzzsaw is better than in tempest.

I doubt you main the character. Otherwise you wouldn't say stuff like this. DJT plays tempest exactly like I do. Same pressure same shanenigans.

Buzz saw has it's strenghts. And when used at the highest level (meaning you use the ex hat throws to create some pressure and pretty good shanenigans) it's strong. Tempest is just stronger.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
It isn't even safe to throw it on point blank when your string is blocked. Unlike hat spin.

I doubt you main the character. Otherwise you wouldn't say stuff like this. DJT plays tempest exactly like I do. Same pressure same shanenigans.

Buzz saw has it's strenghts. And when used at the highest level (meaning you use the ex hat throws to create some pressure and pretty good shanenigans) it's strong. Tempest is just stronger.
Buzzsaw has more ultility, and the low hat is only unsafe to cassies flipkick.

Zephyrus

^^ Oh dear god.
but are you freaking stupid or what? Are you blind to what you're seeing in tournaments?
KL mains aren't doing great with him because they're using the fucking buzzsaw variation.
Then comes DJT, using a variation that they wrote off because Buzzsaw is the closest to KL's MK9 playstyle, and he wrecks the house.

Unlike many users on this site, I don't go to tournaments. But I'm rarely wrong about which character is top tier or strong in a game.

Some MVC3 tournament player called Jago laughed at me when in day 2 I said Vergil was the strongest character in the game due to the reasons he is now considered the strongest character in the game. Him and many more wrote Vergil as B tier possible A- tier in UMVC3. I kept saying no because reasons. Eventually someone showed up and put on practice what I had on paper. Rest is history.

It's funny as fuck how arrogant you people are on this site or on any site dedicated to fighting games. When the game released I said D'vorah was top tier and going to be a real problem. People ignored and instead went on saying Sub-Zero and Jax were stronger...

Keep downplaying.

But I'll make it easier for you to understand. Saying Buzzsaw is better than Tempest is the same as saying Displacer is better than Thunder God. It isn't true for the very same reasons.

coolwhip

Noob

I can't believe this post is a thing.

coolwhip

Noob
but are you freaking stupid or what? Are you blind to what you're seeing in tournaments?
KL mains aren't doing great with him because they're using the fucking buzzsaw variation.
Then comes DJT, using a variation that they wrote off because Buzzsaw is the closest to KL's MK9 playstyle, and he wrecks the house.

Unlike many users on this site, I don't go to tournaments. But I'm rarely wrong about which character is top tier or strong in a game.

Some MVC3 tournament player called Jago laughed at me when in day 2 I said Vergil was the strongest character in the game due to the reasons he is now considered the strongest character in the game. Him and many more wrote Vergil as B tier possible A- tier in UMVC3. I kept saying no because reasons. Eventually someone showed up and put on practice what I had on paper. Rest is history.

It's funny as fuck how arrogant you people are on this site or on any site dedicated to fighting games. When the game released I said D'vorah was top tier and going to be a real problem. People ignored and instead went on saying Sub-Zero and Jax were stronger...

Keep downplaying.

But I'll make it easier for you to understand. Saying Buzzsaw is better than Tempest is the same as saying Displacer is better than Thunder God. It isn't true for the very same reasons.
I mean, I would respond to this, but you don't know the frame data for low hat so...why bother?

Keep downplaying.

Takeda is top 5

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nah, seriously. +27 is too much to ignore, and you build 3/4ths of a bar with B321-Hat on block. Denzell was so generous with his meter for those EX Hats because he just got it right back after two blockstrings. Who needs mixups when you've got irritating pressure like that?

Will you be bringing your Tempest Lao to America?
You can backdash the string into EX Orbiting hat, if thats what you are talking about. Hard to do at first but makes that MU way easier. You also can't backdash low hat in buzzsaw IIRC.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Keep downplaying.

FYI, I've won 10 tournaments in 6 weeks with buzzsaw Lao.
Mained nobody but Lao since release, pretty sure I have a good idea what I'm talking about.

Zephyrus

FYI, I've won 10 tournaments in 6 weeks with buzzsaw Lao.
Mained nobody but Lao since release, pretty sure I have a good idea what I'm talking about.
Congrats. That speaks about your level of play. You could win with unbreakable sub-zero and it still wouldn't make it his better variation.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You can backdash the string into EX Orbiting hat, if thats what you are talking about. Hard to do at first but makes that MU way easier. You also can't backdash low hat in buzzsaw IIRC.
Yes sir, but if the Lao player recognizes that and starts doing B32 Orbital hat, you've got to hold that. I have Cassie set to reversal Backdash and EX Getaway Flip and I'm using different strings into Orbital and EX Orbital hat to see where the holes are.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yes sir, but if the Lao player recognizes that and starts doing B32 Orbital hat, you've got to hold that. I have Cassie set to reversal Backdash and EX Getaway Flip and I'm using different strings into Orbital and EX Orbital hat to see where the holes are.
I didn't know that, will have to test.

Regardless I think both variations are really good. Tempest has the damage and pressure, Buzzsaw has the mixups and utility. IMO anyway.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I didn't know that, will have to test.

Regardless I think both variations are really good. Tempest has the damage and pressure, Buzzsaw has the mixups and utility. IMO anyway.

I have just finished testing. All of his strings have holes except B22, Orbital Hat and B32, Orbital Hat. Some strings have a gap before you can even do them into hat. It's not a deal breaker or anything, but it's good to know for the matchup.

Backdashing b321 orbiting hat doesnt get you anything though. Kung lao is still in your face with orbiting hat and you have to block it anyways because you are in recovery frames. You can't do this against cassie though she will ex flipkick punish you. b32 orbiting hat works on everyone.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.

I don't go to tournaments.

But I'm rarely wrong about which character is top tier or strong in a game.

It's funny as fuck how arrogant you people are on this site

But I'll make it easier for you to understand.

It isn't true for the very same reasons.

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Zephyrus

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
funny. They laughed at me too when I said who was in the roster and who wasn't based on how their costumes were depicted in the comic.

Lot of crows eaten there by those clowns.