What's new

YOMI | DJT (Kung Lao/Tempest) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Midwest Championships in Murfreesboro, TN

coolwhip

Noob
That fisticuffs hype though, lol. People are obviously flustered by it and still don't know how to handle it but DJT makes it look so awesome.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Oh no, people are starting to discover other charcaters!?!?! Fisticuffs is hype! I think it's time everyone gets that this game has 72 characters.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
That fisticuffs hype though, lol. People are obviously flustered by it and still don't know how to handle it but DJT makes it look so awesome.
It was effective, but I would not say it looked awesome. Is it as good a tool as DJT made it look? Time will tell.

Oh no, people are starting to discover other charcaters!?!?! Fisticuffs is hype! I think it's time everyone gets that this game has 72 characters.
yeah like how Reptiles variations totally make him 3 different characters. ok

This tournament was pretty boring tbh, idk if I was expecting more because of combo breaker but I was pretty disappointed. good shit to djt though

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
yeah like how Reptiles variations totally make him 3 different characters. ok

This tournament was pretty boring tbh, idk if I was expecting more because of combo breaker but I was pretty disappointed. good shit to djt though
Except Reptile :DOGE
Maybe a little adjustment would do it for him.

I like tempest better against high damage characters definitely. With buzzsaw I feel more under control, because it has really good space control with ex spin and low hat. Tempest is better in matchups where low hat isn't that effective in the neutral+pressure+to get in and against high damage characters where the risk reward isn't there to make them respect ex spin damage in buzzsaw.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I like tempest better against high damage characters definitely. With buzzsaw I feel more under control, because it has really good space control with ex spin and low hat. Tempest is better in matchups where low hat isn't that effective in the neutral+pressure+to get in and against high damage characters where the risk reward isn't there to make them respect ex spin damage in buzzsaw.
Tempest is better vs rushdown characters, especially ones that can go over low hat on reaction like Jax or Raiden, so you may aswell lose the multi hitting spin and gain an extra 20% damage.

Against Cassie blocked low hat is a free punish full combo for her, so forget it.

Tempest is better vs rushdown characters, especially ones that can go over low hat on reaction like Jax or Raiden, so you may aswell lose the multi hitting spin and gain an extra 20% damage.

Against Cassie blocked low hat is a free punish full combo for her, so forget it.
Yeh buzzsaw is definitely in trouble when he is not the one doing the rushdown.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I am so disappointed, KIT last year was extremely hype, helped revive IGAU and cement some hype moments and matches.

MKX was extremely boring, horrible commentary, no hype whatsoever except when DJT was winning.

Commentary isn't a summary of what's obviously happening on screen.
This was Midwest Championship not KIT.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
BUZZ-SAW IS BETTER!!!
Nah, seriously. +27 is too much to ignore, and you build 3/4ths of a bar with B321-Hat on block. Denzell was so generous with his meter for those EX Hats because he just got it right back after two blockstrings. Who needs mixups when you've got irritating pressure like that?

Will you be bringing your Tempest Lao to America?

No. It isn't.
A low projectile doesn't make up for the faults in his moveset. Tempest is safer, has better pressure and higher damaging combos. It isn't even close.
It is matchup dependant but in no way can you say tempest has better pressure, anti zoning or space control than buzzsaw. You need both variations.