What's new

YOMI and Hype...

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
My only gripe with YOMI winning everything is that I feel like I know wat EVOs gonna look like. Kinda makes me more excited to see the SFV stuff go down.

I love MKX and I like all the guys in YOMI, I just think it's a bit of a hype killer when they walk in the building.

This game is soooo hype and to have the same guys top 8 every time gets kind of boring after awhile.

But to counter your or anyones boredom then YOU or ME or ANYONE just needs to level up, get on they grind and do something about it:joker:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
We are kind of at a weird point as a community where to be on top you need to put that extreme amount of time into the game but it's not really practical (profitable I guess) to do so. I don't know how you really solve that problem.
The model the Korean houses use (I do not know about Yomi) is that prize money is sent to the team pot.. not the actual winners. This is then used + sponsorship to pay people to spend all this time, kinda like a legit job, maybe a bonus to the players who win an event. This is how eSports in Asia and Europe works, and it works really well. The thing is that there needs to be much larger pots. This is why I have spoken a few time the question "Can the scene support more of these types of teams". Like can Yomi exist if it only dominated top 8 in a few events instead of all?

I think, and made a thread on it but pretty much everyone disagreed, that paid event stream subscriptions is a important step to enrich the scene for players. Larger pots for player and almost more importantly larger revenue for event organizers that can be used to get more equipment for faster and better events, professional stream casters, more complex stream setups. Richer pots and better comps will make Yomi style teams much more practical and do nothing but improve everything.

There is a huge untapped revenue stream in the 1000s of chan watchers that at some point HAS to be utilized to move the FGC into to future, just like it has on other eSports and it kind of boggels my mind that people think paying a few say 3 to 5 bucks for 100s of hours of entertainment is somehow a stupid idea.

This exta pots and most importantly team / sponsorship salaries are vital for players, like say Pig to be able to practice enough, to take the physical time to play the game and still feed their kids. I mean at this stage it will always be a 2nd job (probably) but this is what it should be aiming for.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
is it going to be the same thing like in injustice where only the tournaments where you and gga are are "ones that count" or "real tournaments" or "are majors"?
No

It's gonna to be real talk no one else can handle

Btw I'm not even touching the " reo didn't plAy much" crap

Mirjitsu

Noob
With kappa talking shit nonstop and now TYM lowkey joining in on it I wouldn't be surprised if they integrated every bit of competition out of spite.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
There is a huge untapped revenue stream in the 1000s of chan watchers that at some point HAS to be utilized to move the FGC into to future, just like it has on other eSports and it kind of boggels my mind that people think paying a few say 3 to 5 bucks for 100s of hours of entertainment is somehow a stupid idea.
If Yomi just set up an all day stream where they stream their casuals that'd probably end up being better revenue for the team than winning tournaments. Just get the most charismatic players to talk to chat from time to time and generate fuckloads of content for all of the viewers. Dunno why they're not doing it already!