What's new

YOMI and Hype...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I love how everyone in this thread managed to give their opinion in a civil, productive manner...except the one guy crying conspiracy.
Here's my civil, productive opinion: pointless thread is pointless, it's a shame people being excellent at a game is detrimental to your enjoyment of it.

Did I hurt your feelings coolwhip? Do you want beebee?

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Here's my civil, productive opinion: pointless thread is pointless, it's a shame people being excellent at a game is detrimental to your enjoyment of it.

Glad you managed to share your opinion without flipping out for once. No feelings hurt here.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack

I agree 100%, too bad not everyone thinks of Yomi's dominance as a call to getting better and putting in work to strive to be the Next Big Thing on the scene as opposed to whining and crying about ...."Yomi is too dominant" "Thats why I dont Play competitively", etc. Last time I checked MK and the MK community is fun and save for a select few...the comraderie is outstanding. Just sayin

Ravosa

Wild Card
Well, I'm just one person, but here is how Yomi was good for me and how I believe it is good for the scene. First off, I live in South Carolina, a state with no scene whatsoever. All my fighting game experience across all titles I've played are nothing but experience from playing online, and watching the pros play. So, when I heard Yomi making a ruckus in Atlanta, I knew I had to try and go, I knew it was my best chance to see where I stood compared to some of the best. I woke up a Tuesday morning, worked, took a shower and drove 2 and a half hours to Atlanta in order to play against the best. It was rough for me, I went 23 hours with no sleep. However, it was worth it and if Yomi wasn't a thing, I doubt I would have ever played this game competitively offline. So if there is one thing Yomi can do for the scene, that is to encourage people to come out of their caves, and try them selves against the best offline, where the game is true.
Hey man I searched the forums for tournaments in SC, as I haven't found shit and I'm still kind of new to the area. What part are you from?

Embestone

Stoen
Hey man I searched the forums for tournaments in SC, as I haven't found shit and I'm still kind of new to the area. What part are you from?
Upstate, in a small town called Williamston. It resides between Greenville and Anderson. If you would like to talk some more just message me. No need to revive this dead thread lol.