What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Anyone got any tips on how to get b212bb consistently? The timing is really weird.
The best way i found to pull it off is to input the 212 like you would kung lao's chain fist string and then bb when you see the second hit land. thats what most consistent for me, but if you try it this way and don't like it because it's so fast, you may be able to do the 212 somewhat slower but I've found what works for me so i didn't try anything else really. I will look into it more tonight.

Im in there! Already had a guy complain to me about Sektor Up Rockets cuz I oki'd him to death.

Also I just wanted to show what I am currently doing to people in the corner.
would this set up break armor? im guessing K.L vortex is special case but what if it another character? would the up rockets alone break the armor or would you have to also press a button? *just a thought, i cant test cuz im at work*

So B1 into EX straight rocket as well as some other normals (b2 at least) jail sometimes and sometimes not. But if they armor the popup you get is a lot lower so it's quite hard to land a tele after.
what's strange is that the Ex straight rocket is safe on block (tested vs K.Lao vortex).. however only if the last rocket connects, some strings int ex rockets make it that the last rockets goes over them and you get a spin in the face, and some strings are inconsistent, gonna have to more testing

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Guys Ketchup just posted his Sektor Guide....and it's fucking awesome
Exciting times
Great vid indeed, I thought of making a vid regarding strictly his zoning tactics. He has some stun moves to run in for combos but I think he's just that effective in zoning alone, using the close shower missiles close to your opponent or if you anticipate them running in is a great tactic, using the 3 hit pushback string is great sets him up for more zoning on block or hit. Can't go wrong there.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
from full screen, 43 frames of hit adv on sky rockets means you can just forward dash 2 times into f212bb since you've wasted no stamina.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you're referring to me, I specifically said you don't.
Nevermind, I thought you said you needed to do an uppercut.

But yeah I posted that one day one, his other is the flamethrower one. Who knows if he has more?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I love Sektors Tele Ex slam mind games

Plus depending on the height the frame data alters from -15 with small pushback to -10 with big pushback most chars can't punish or atleast full combo punish
I use Tanya's raw Rekka which is 14 start up and her Ex which is 12 start up to exhibit the frame change

Yeah of course it's a read where they can poke the delayed or armour both of them but I still think it's a good mind game that takes the edge of the risk a little like Milleenas Tele sai.
So if they are fully respecting it you can Tele and land for free :D

It's the same with his raw cyber slam too

Last edited:

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Is anyone else finding it near impossible to consistantly wake up with ex flame?
I find it the same problem that deceptive reptile has trying to wakeup with EX invis. Since the input is DD it reads as a delayed get up which delays the timing window for the actual wakeup. Not a fan.

As per sektor in general. He's pretty effective right now, but this character has mad gaps. Anyone with an 11 frame or faster armor move can completely blow up F212BB/F212 with reversal armor because F212BB has a gap. On top of that F2 has major whiffing problems, most uppercuts low profile it, same with several D4s. 212 is nothing short of amazing (his highest blockstun ability) which lets your rockets come out fully, it also jails into BF1 EX which will push your opponent full screen and is around neutral on block. Unfortunately this stupid ass move is a high when he zaps their balls, makes no sense.

Sektor seems alright, but he's got some problems that time will exploit imo.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ending corner combos in f212 dd3 gives you a free-ish b2 check. B2 into flame burner is hard-ish to punish and if they get hit you're +2 and in range for b3 and b1 (and s1, s2 etc). They can't jump (tested all directions with scorpion)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Is it plus enough to jail into a F1 or any other normal? If so i'll start using that from now on.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
F4(3) Duck the 3 full combo punish.. F212bb armor the last hit.. You have to commit on these moves because if you stop the string early or special cancel them you could still get full combo punished because you're very negative.. There is a mind game in the 11(4) and the 111(2) because the entire string is safe so if you don't commit you can block any armored moved..
To be fair, f21 is safe against most things, and only a 7f reversal and 6f move will punish it, although you do lose your turn. You don't necessarily need to commit to it unless you're against Lao or someone like that, in which case you can kinda do ex bf1 to try to save yourself from a punish.