What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
2% of the damage from smoke bomb was moved to the drop, and since vortex combos skip the drop that is where your 2% is going.

Triborg (Smoke) - reduced the initial damage of Smoke Cloud & Smoke Bomb by 2 and increased the drop damage by 2
Ahhhh, thanks for explaining that "drop" part.
Personally, I did not fully know what it meant.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I feel like I would have been fine with these nerfs if they fixed his other issues such as the second hit of b21 whiffing on crouching opponents.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Cant we still delay our vortex with f13 it should be posible seing how f1 is 8 frames were plus 17 or whatever need to check when i get home but this kinda sucks why dint they fix whiffing issues on b21.

Are you guys sure we still get the guaranteed vortex with 21 only being plus 17

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Cant we still delay our vortex with f13 it should be posible seing how f1 is 8 frames were plus 17 or whatever need to check when i get home but this kinda sucks why dint they fix whiffing issues on b21.

Are you guys sure we still get the guaranteed vortex with 21 only being plus 17
Vortex isn't guranteed anymore. The low is still fast enough but with us being +17 at the most now, b1 can be avoided.

I also don't understand the damage nerf. He didn't even do alot of damage like that to begin with

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Vortex isn't guranteed anymore. The low is still fast enough but with us being +17 at the most now, b1 can be avoided.

I also don't understand the damage nerf. He didn't even do alot of damage like that to begin with
Seriously if the vortex isnt guaranteed anymore im done with this character just when i was starting to like smoke he gets this undeserved nerf

Are you 100 percent b1 isnt guaranteed other people in here are saying it is

xKhaoTik

How so? Reversal only works on block. How would I set it up to do it on hit?
Have sub P2 and then recorded yourself doing ex slide. After that, go back to the character you are and start the playback. Sub should be sliding left and right lol.

Punish slide with a vortex. Go for b1 after. If he slides (which I think he should because b1 is 18f and 21 is +17), then vortex isn't guaranteed.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Have sub P2 and then recorded yourself doing ex slide. After that, go back to the character you are and start the playback. Sub should be sliding left and right lol.

Punish slide with a vortex. Go for b1 after. If he slides (which I think he should because b1 is 18f and 21 is +17), then vortex isn't guaranteed.
Will do

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think he will still be fine. The damage nerf wasn't justified though. Neither was taking adv off his ex smoke bomb (which I barely used anyways)

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Smoke is potentially the worst character in the game now no armor no fast teleport no vortex no damage!!! no zoning barely any mix ups do i need to mention more

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Ending combo into 3 for vortex doesn't work anymore.
21 is better and it's difficult to armor the vortex.
Another option is using a j.in 2 and delay the 50/50.
After the j.in 2 you are at +24 and the 50/50 needs to be blocked.
However, you sacrifice damage, of course.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Honestly, these changes don't seem so bad but I won't be getting around to testing/playing for awhile.

While EX Smoke Bomb is +5 instead of +8, it's always been hard as hell to hitconfirm (unless you're hitconfirming right after the mixup), but it seems there is added block-stun, which makes it easier to hitconfirm or for opponents to backdash/Armor after it. However, if you hitconfirm by one frame too late you'll get poked after spending a bar. (anyone else's opinion/experience on this?)
Additionally, Smoke can't "guarantee" a mixup after EX Smoke Bomb anymore, at least 10 frames for your opponent to do whatever he wants, his options are limited to f4 (to beat pokes/jumps) or b1 (to beat backdashes).

Slower b3? Alright.. So we can forget about delaying b3 to destroy fuzzies because fuzzy'ing his mixups are impossible now, not a fan of making people guess and losing neutral tools but it's whatever.
Damage nerf? Holy smokes, why?
Adjusted hit-stun advantage on basically every string? Great! Guess I'll start labbing all that phase-data again ;) ffs

Smoke didn't need a single nerf in my opinion, but hopefully with this they can start nerfing the rest of the roster if the plan is still a balanced MKX cause DLC is going to be scarce at tournaments.

Matix218

Get over here!

Wait what???? With 21 we are +17 and b1 is 18 frames right? So you would need a move that starts up in 1 frame to beat out b1 right? Have you tested this?

xKhaoTik

Wait what???? With 21 we are +17 and b1 is 18 frames right? So you would need a move that starts up in 1 frame to beat out b1 right? Have you tested this?
Armor or invincibility basically. It would be tough but that 1f is still enough to get it out. I haven't tested it yet but it would seem like it makes sense. I'll test when I get home

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I need to test it against Laos spin but I'm sure we're ok , the slower b3 is actually a buff cuz now ppl can't fuzzy guard , armored moves armor starts up after the first frame right? That's probly why I couldn't interupt with reptiles. So if I'm right the 17 frame advantage is really 18 frames when u count the 1 frame befor armor starts? Does that sound correct?

Matix218

Get over here!
Armor or invincibility basically. It would be tough but that 1f is still enough to get it out. I haven't tested it yet but it would seem like it makes sense. I'll test when I get home
Oh I gotcha, yeah that would be basically a 1 frame link for a fast armor/invincibility move. Tbh that may not be that bad for smoke. They have 1 frame to get it right if they go for it and if they miss The Window you are guaranteed to hit with your b1 since they are not blocking.