What's new

General/Other - Smoke XL Robo Smoke Discussion Thread

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
also he can duck it and punish
it would still be something tho..don't remember the startup frames but if it could at least punish blockstrings into clone like other characters can do all we have to worry is knockdown setups
EX Trident is 15 startup, -4 on block. Plenty of time for Sub to block or duck.

shura30

Shura
EX Trident is 15 startup, -4 on block. Plenty of time for Sub to block or duck.
no, cassie cage's df1 is 13 frames and can punish almost each string into clone
15 frames should be enough for smoke

obviously not gonna happen but I like to dream

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
How do you use EX invisibility in matches?
I usally do 114 EX inv at the end of a combo and do B12 phase away/toward to quicly go near the opponent and begin my chaotic pressure.

Any other idea beside trident --> EX inv?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Anyone at home testing the 1.13 patch? People are saying Smoke bomb has changed from -8 on block to -4, and he got a damage nerf. What else is there?

Redux

Ex Phase
2% of damage is lost on my combos ending into the vortex. Nor sure about how much was lost ending in telport. Does anyone remember what the startup on teleport was before?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The notes are out:

21 is now only +17 instead of +24
S3 is now only +12 instead of +29

looks like all combos into vortex now need to end in 21. This might affect the vortex...Delaying B3 might not be an option now.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
The notes are out:

21 is now only +17 instead of +24
S3 is now only +12 instead of +29

looks like all combos into vortex now need to end in 21. This might affect the vortex...Delaying B3 might not be an option now.
b3 is also slower 15 frames instead of 11

Matix218

Get over here!
So essentially we are three frames less advantage on block for ex smoke bomb, we need to end vortex combos in 21 instead of 3, and we lost 2% on all vortex combos (possibly all combos)?

Is that the major stuff?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
So essentially we are three frames less advantage on block for ex smoke bomb, we need to end vortex combos in 21 instead of 3, and we lost 2% on all vortex combos (possibly all combos)?

Is that the major stuff?
Seems like it.
The overall Triborg hit adv changes really affect his vortex. With B3 being increased to 15f start up, even ending in 21 for +17 kind of takes away the delay-b3 to blow up the fuzzy. 21 is def the better vortex ender now, though.
No "Batgirl" vortex anymore.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
2% of damage is lost on my combos ending into the vortex. Nor sure about how much was lost ending in telport. Does anyone remember what the startup on teleport was before?

Is that the major stuff?
2% of the damage from smoke bomb was moved to the drop, and since vortex combos skip the drop that is where your 2% is going.

Triborg (Smoke) - reduced the initial damage of Smoke Cloud & Smoke Bomb by 2 and increased the drop damage by 2

Matix218

Get over here!
At least we get to keep our safe vortex.

We are still plus enough with 21 to guarantee the vortex.

So we list a couple of percent damage and we are not quite as plus on our vortex setup and b3 got slower but tbh it doesn't really change the smoke game plan that much imo. Minor nerfs are not that big of a deal, I think smoke is fine. Wish they could have given us a standing armor move though but its whatever

shura30

Shura
to me the vortex was never about the standard 50/50 after 3 or 21 ( I already used almost exclusively the latter)
but mixing and throwing the opponent mixing off other attacks after the spear

right now the frame difference between b1 and b3 makes the fuzzy harder if not impossible
but those 4 more frames on b3 hurts the tool outside the vortex