What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Why are there so many highs at the beginning of his strings? I'm constantly getting poked out of every offence I try to mount.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
I would study it good sir. DM looks like it has mad potential. The stamina regen is starting to make sense too, he rcs between the launchers and the follow ups.

Im really having a hard time comboing into the fart though. Any tips? or just practice.
after dd3->3 it's MUCH easier to do 12->db4, than 121->db4 - that's the only thing that I want to say for know. Anyway, looking for more stuff, setups etc

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Best Punish so far

21 rc 12~db4 dd1 jip2 b233~dd3~3 bf4 35%

I've tested it on Reptiles ex slide. Not sure what other moves are good for testing punishes.

Also in the move list it says 2 is a mid when in fact it is a high. God I wish it was a mid.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
"2" has 13 frames start-up.
"3" is faster - it has 10 frames startup. You can do following combo: 341, RC, 12, db4, dd1, dd1, RC, 244, db1, dd1 - 30%. But, yeah, it does less damage

Last edited:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I've got Smoke set to his EX sky drop on wake up. When you block it he is crouching momentarily and the 3 in 341 will whiff however the 2 in 21 will connect. They are both highs so I'm guessing 2 has a funky hitbox.

3 is kind of stumpy also so it won't catch reptiles recovery from the slide.

themanDan

The saw is family
Here are 30-39% meterless midscreen DRUNKEN MASTER combos!
ALSO:
Did you, guys, know that you can use dd1 TWICE after opponent get stunned by db4???? Here it is! (just check 1st combo in this video):

Whoa, his meterless damage is insane. But it makes sense with the drinking mechanic.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Whoa, his meterless damage is insane. But it makes sense with the drinking mechanic.
Thats pretty much max damage in midscreen. His ex moves don't really add too much damage wise. EX fart allows for looser execution since it catches people out of a juggle a lot easier but other then that his EX moves are only good for armour and drink opportunities.

If you finish the round with a drink cancel (at least throw cancel) you keep your level of drunkness. But it seems the timer still goes on between rounds so you need to drink early next round too.
Might be something to look into, I don't have time to check it further right now.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Back 12 might be the better punisher

If you have a drink already you can do

B12 dd3 3 rc f1 db4 dd1 jip b233 db1 dd1
Yeah that's fair. I keep forgetting to hold my drink. The fear of vomitting and eating a full combo is too much.

can we talk about how godlike stand 4 is as an anti air?
It's so good. I've done it a couple of times now by accident and it really is on point.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Yeah that's fair. I keep forgetting to hold my drink. The fear of vomitting and eating a full combo is too much.

It's so good. I've done it a couple of times now by accident and it really is on point.
In my experience with bo so far ive noticed he has decent recovery on the vomit. If you dont drink in time and vomit, you can block before the animation finishes. Ive been able to block people trying to punish my vomit. Im not saying to rely on that but its just something to think about

Last edited:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
What ive gathered so far
Strings to bait reversals with sexy pose roll:
This should condition

Other wise i guess you want to cancle into fart for plus frames.
Am i right?