What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

I've been playing around with him and trying to find out the significance of his drunk exclusive moves. Drunk Level 2&3 Db1 has an armor gap but it's his strongest armored wake up in level 3 if you don't puke. Df1 (Level 2) has way more advantage. And what exactly is the purpose of Ex DD3? At first I thought it had invincibility frames but I'm not so sure.

That being said he had a lot of mind games with meditate. Its the only variation I've been using for the past 4 hours aha

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I posted this in the general thread but I'll post it here aswell;

Picking up drunken master because I like the idea but I'm still struggling to figure out what the benefits of a drink are. Sure you get stamina but he doesn't run a whole lot in his combos since the fart (lol) just restands them to continue the combo. You get a few extra specials but nothing that gives you damage and makes you say "hell yeah, that was worth it"

I just don't get it

Picking up drunken master because I like the idea but I'm still struggling to figure out what the benefits of a drink are. Sure you get stamina but he doesn't run a whole lot in his combos since the fart (lol) just restands them to continue the combo. You get a few extra specials but nothing that gives you damage and makes you say "hell yeah, that was worth it"

I just don't get it
In my opinion the biggest benefits of drinking are the torpedo which is good for getting in and the meditation stance which makes his strings hit comfortable and you can use the roll to evade armor where he has gaps.

Yep. For example if you are using b12. You can use dd3 3 if it connects, or you can safely roll. The roll has invulnerable frames and fast recovery. B1,2 dd3 roll even goes throw ex slide with reptile.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

I just don't get it
You get the meditate stance which gives him a lot of safety and a meterless midscreen launcer, and you also get more ranged options from fartpedo and vomit. I think it covers where he lacks in the other variations nicely, I'm just not sure if it's worth the risks he takes yet.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
You can sneak into meditate through B4 and holding down so it's not drunk specific but I see where you're coming from. I'm dedicated to DM now so I'll see where it goes.

How's everyone doing on damage? I'm getting 30% meter less and roughly 36% with one bar. Miss teen that is.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Here are 30-39% meterless midscreen DRUNKEN MASTER combos!
ALSO:
Did you, guys, know that you can use dd1 TWICE after opponent get stunned by db4???? Here it is! (just check 1st combo in this video):

That's what I'm walking about. That's some sweet viewing right there!

Anything for the corner?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I love me a guide! Looking forward to both

Side note; The roll you gain from meditate is quite frankly amazing. Once my execution is up to scratch I can see a lot of fun being had with rolls and whiff punishing.

Last edited:

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Not yet, but I gonna upload it tomorrow, I think..

And thinking about creating Drunken Master guide..
I would study it good sir. DM looks like it has mad potential. The stamina regen is starting to make sense too, he rcs between the launchers and the follow ups.

Im really having a hard time comboing into the fart though. Any tips? or just practice.

Loving paying with Bo Rai CHo however he is very unsafe on a majority of strings and has a lot of gaps, so maybe relies more on hit confirming. Figured out a 49% 1 bar (OTG) starts from his mid b2 which has godlike range, I'll try and post the vid later. People saying drunken master is gimmicky but it's way too early to tell and his roll from his stance have invincibility frames which is cool.