Votes: 32 17.9%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Takashi Takeda

Votes: 19 10.6%

• Total voters

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Erron Black has some issues. Really bland costume from the neck down, and some wonky animations. Love the idea of him/gameplay, and some of his animations are really good. He just doesn't look as polished, detailed or fully conceptualized as most of the cast.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The designs that failed me the most were Liu Kang (boring as always), Reptile (don't like the re-design although I do love the character), and Jacqui (just bland/completely not exciting to me). If DLC was included then Tanya would win out because she appears to be totally botched.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Sonya was so hot in MK9 now she looks a ultra conservative mother, her second outfit is great btw, if the excuse for this is because she's a mother, well, what about Sindel?
You can't compare two very different characters. Sindel's Edenian, a bajillion years old and royalty. Sonya is American, not a bajillion years old and a Soldier.

Sonya looks pretty generic and Cage looks like he has a winter waistcoat as a opposed to a kevlar jacket.

Though I think the overall designs are far superior to MK 9. Less attention on appeasing beta orbiters and young males that have never spoke to a female they aren't related to.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I voted Shinnock b/c this fucking character has looked beyond retarded ever since his conception in MK4. Wish he would go the way of mokap already.

Not a big fan of Johnny's look in this game. The vest is what kills him for me, but his face also looks weird as hell.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
There's nothing wrong with criticism. If they don't know what mistakes they make, they can't fix them.

That said, the women still look like a mess. I have no problem with the stylistic direction they've gone with, but women's bodies and features just don't look like what NRS does.
That quote from me was actually in reference to the posts above asking for sluttier outfits on the female characters.

In relation to everything else, I don't really believe anyone at NRS is that familiar with female anatomy. Just based on their designs since MK9.

Neclord

Noob
Are we judging the character model or model + outfit?

Because after seeing the votes I think it is mostly the outfits right?

Slymind

Noob
God, there are so many bad ones. Anyone else think the characters' stances and fight animations look like shit in general?
To each his own, some sure feel kinda iffy, but the majority for me seems really fine overall, i'm analysing the whole scope btw:

Stance, animations and the design itself, some for me got all of these aspects right(Kano, Mileena, Raiden and Kung Lao for example), while some oscilates between one or another(I like Ermac's animations for instance, while i don't like his stance very much). Looking at each character as a whole, i think most of them are fine. It doesn't help that the majority of gameplay footage are people mashing buttons, filling the meter and using x-rays.

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
I don't like how Goro's bottom arms are smaller than the top ones.
Yeah, looks like shit.
I think it actually makes sense. If he were to have equal size arms on his abs, it would require equal size pecs and back muscles to push and to pull. Each row of arms needs more muscles on the chest and back, so keeping the arms smaller, allows NRS to cheat a little with the anatomy and make it not as apparent. It does look like NRS thinks about these things now a day, unlike past iterations in which Goro's arms just appeared under his primary arms, or they have made a model where he has two rows of pecs, which just looks weird.
Probably makes sense, yeah. But not all things in MK need to make sense. Most of their designs are just made to "look cool", then they work around it to try to make it make sense. Not the other way around. His lower arms still look measly and proportionally small compared to the rest of his body.

Look at John Tobias concept art for Goro for the first MK game:

This 4 armed freak would fuck MKX Goro up

I love Ermac... most of the time ;)

But I found this iteration of him to be so dull for some reason. It looks like they simply stuck a black trench coat with a hood on him and called it a day.

You can go so many places, take so many risks with Ermac's look because of who he is. But they went for a more subdued approach. Why?

No complaints about overall character design, but I hate many of the character's stances.

I will say that I think Shinnok looks incredibly stupid and nonthreatening, and that Kitana (my planned main) has a god awful stance.

This was an issue for me in Injustice as well, what with Batman's "don't drop the invisible wine glass" fighting stance.