What's new

General/Other - Mournful Why Mournful is Potentially Kitty's Best Variant.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man people struggle to punish -10 frame moves in this game other than selected few chars.

I'd say anything -8 or under is relatively safe

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Was that my imagination or did sonic fox get like 55% meterless in the corner? Good damage on this bitch.
Too much work for too little reward, that's mournful right there. The time put into mournful Kitana can be better spent by just learning posessed Kenshi or another zoner.
Possessed Kenshi isn't really a zoner.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I just picked up this variation but I wanted to add that being able to full combo convert from full screen with EX glaive is pretty sweet. It requires a read but still.

VOR

Noob
Maybe it's better for some people's playstyles but the benefits of royal storm make the benefits of mournful not really that meaningful.

Zabru

Can't she get like 45% midscreen with one meter? Sound very good. Considering playing her.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Was that my imagination or did sonic fox get like 55% meterless in the corner? Good damage on this bitch.

Possessed Kenshi isn't really a zoner.
What is he then? a set up character or a footsies space control character,

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
@Laos_boy you may have convinced me to give this character a serious look. I play shaolin KJ so I like the similarities between the chakrams and the glaives (glaives are probably better tho lol, they just both have the ex boomerang feature).

I know there are a shit ton of tutorial videos out there, but is there one for Mournful that you would recommend?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
@Laos_boy you may have convinced me to give this character a serious look. I play shaolin KJ so I like the similarities between the chakrams and the glaives (glaives are probably better tho lol, they just both have the ex boomerang feature).

I know there are a shit ton of tutorial videos out there, but is there one for Mournful that you would recommend?
I'm not sure about videos. I have some tech videos in the Kitana forums
I also have a written guide but that covers all variants so its not too in depth.
I think @xKhaoTik or @RunwayMafia might have a guide in the works or something like that.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
@Laos_boy
I will ofcourse consult with and have you view it before I publish (for fucks sake, you and I from day 1 have been die hard Mournful fans/mains and have been through the most educating the masses including our own people of the viability of Jadana).

I will include all of her safe glaive strings, staff grab AA and tech, spacing, shadow kick glory, and all your "way of the glaive" stuff. I'll emulate @xKhaoTik 's sexy guide and make it sleek and crisp.

I'm just waiting to see if they nerf her borderline broke glaives that the community seems to be sleeping on (muhahaha) before I publish, lol. ;)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Kitana does ex shadow kick and it goes right thru cassie. Literally right thru her and she doesn't even get touched. The same thing is happening with mileena too.

I'm gonna test a male. Gimme a sec

Edit: it's happening against reptile too. This weird. Regular shadow kick doesn't have this effect but ex does
that damn female hitbox at work;)

champdee

Noob
Yeah mournful is hot fire... great zoning, counter zoning... well everything in the OP, nice write up Laos_boy

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@Laos_boy
I will ofcourse consult with and have you view it before I publish (for fucks sake, you and I from day 1 have been die hard Mournful fans/mains and have been through the most educating the masses including our own people of the viability of Jadana).

I will include all of her safe glaive strings, staff grab AA and tech, spacing, shadow kick glory, and all your "way of the glaive" stuff. I'll emulate @xKhaoTik 's sexy guide and make it sleek and crisp.

I'm just waiting to see if they nerf her borderline broke glaives that the community seems to be sleeping on (muhahaha) before I publish, lol. ;)
The zoning with glaives is so ridiculous. I didn't realize how crazy it was until yesterday when I used mournful against @BEENEEWEENEES.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
@Laos_boy

Would you mind linking me to Khaotik's guide? I'll check out yours when it comes out also, I'm just very interested to get the run down on this character.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The zoning with glaives is so ridiculous. I didn't realize how crazy it was until yesterday when I used mournful against @BEENEEWEENEES.
I had the perfect Naomi Campbell gif for a comment like this. She basically has a "mmmmmhmmmm" face and then starts laughing maniacally. Lol

But no, her zoning is ridiculous. The combination of ground and air glaives are really really frustrating and you will always have meter. Nothing will ever surpass taking over 30% with an air fan, but the trade off for mid hitting ground glaives and OH hitting air glaives is FANtastic.

Would you mind linking me to Khaotik's guide? I'll check out yours when it comes out also, I'm just very interested to get the run down on this character.
It's front paged and I'm sure mine will be as well. Ill tag you when I publish ;)

Zabru

What is he then? a set up character or a footsies space control character,
Pressure, mixups, vortex and he has quite good space control. He isn't a zoner cause bf3 has a pathetic hitbox and people can run straight through it or jump it. db4 is cool but can't be used too much because it has no aerial hit box meaning you have to teleport to deal with people jumping in. That has it's fair amount of risks however.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Pressure, mixups, vortex and he has quite good space control. He isn't a zoner cause bf3 has a pathetic hitbox and people can run straight through it or jump it. db4 is cool but can't be used too much because it has no aerial hit box meaning you have to teleport to deal with people jumping in. That has it's fair amount of risks however.
Interesting i know he has good footsies with some interesting normals.

There really aren't many mournful guide videos and all the combo videos are all the same and the guides all they show you is her movelist basically they don't teach you how to play with it and most don't know what they're talking about imo only good mournful I know is loas really