What's new

Question Why don't players use feints more at high level?

SLy

Noob
I do it in street fighter all the time.. But this game idk. The normals in this game is kind of slow and sometimes feinting triggers a reaction in some players to jump. I Think they jump because they know your normal isn't going to recover in time to AA again.

SyXX

Yolo is Power
If he missed the input he would've got f3...
Wouldn't that depend on what input he missed? If he pressed B (which he clearly did), missed the F, he would have gotten a standing 3 now wouldn't he?

Not saying there isn't anything to using feints, it just looks 100% unintentional in that instance.
Can't really tell if he is using the d3 to avoid potential zoning from Jax or is using them in the manor you suggest.

Wouldn't that depend on what input he missed? If he pressed B (which he clearly did), missed the F, he would have gotten a standing 3 now wouldn't he?

Not saying there isn't anything to using feints, it just looks 100% unintentional in that instance.
Can't really tell if he is using the d3 to avoid potential zoning from Jax or is using them in the manor you suggest.
Lol he actually pressed (A) & the proper term would be 3.

Dude this is xblades we're talking not some random scrub. He's official lol.

He's done it in other vids

SyXX

Yolo is Power
Lol he actually pressed (A) & the proper term would be 3.

Dude this is xblades we're talking not some random scrub. He's official lol.

He's done it in other vids
Read it again:
Inertia said:
If he pressed B (which he clearly did), missed the F, he would have gotten a standing 3
Come on man, 'b', as in back.... Why would I have said (b) at the beginning of the sentence and used (3) at end. And 'f' should have clued you in as well.

Think McFly... Think..

I never said anything about him being a scrub. I know he's legit. I'm a LK player and a huge Xblades fan. All I said was that the standing 3 looks like an input error. He pressed Back (char clearly moved back), missed Forward (or input bug) and hit 3, and got a standing 3. He was zoning, CDJr was a little past half screen and it looks like he was going for a low fireball. It happens man. I never said anything about him being a scrub. No need to get all defensive sir.

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
I've started to do this with sektor. Up close I will do a standing 1 into crouch block, knowing that my opponent will be ready to interrupt the string, and punish the d1/d3. Works really well as it allows you to get free b34 pressure or a throw after the jab once they respect your block