What's new

Question - Summoner Why Does Quan Chi Need This?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
All right. Let me step in.

Charged B2 is a problem, but only in Summoner.

I had been working on this and was going to post about it, but DMS beat me to it. Kind of.

Here's the thing: Yes, charged b2 is quite slow. However, that doesn't even matter.

After Trance, if you call Bat and do a charged b2, you can release the low bat at several different timings.

For example, you can release low bat in such a way where it hits JUST before the OH.

Or you can release the bat to where the OH hits first, then the low. The same is true vice/versa.

Now, I haven't been able to convert off of every single variation of this, but I think in time, you definitely could.

This needs to be removed as it's simply too much.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

I had been working on this and was going to post about it, but DMS beat me to it. Kind of.

Here's the thing: Yes, charged b2 is quite slow. However, that doesn't even matter.

After Trance, if you call Bat and do a charged b2, you can release the low bat at several different timings.

For example, you can release low bat in such a way where it hits JUST before the OH.

Or you can release the bat to where the OH hits first, then the low. The same is true vice/versa.

Now, I haven't been able to convert off of every single variation of this, but I think in time, you definitely could.

He already had this and they buffed him lmfao so ya.

Rude

Also, and this is important:

Bat Spark is a combo starter.

From full screen, if you run after Bat Spark on HIT, you can get a full combo.

The timing is a little strict, but it definitely can be done.

This also needs removal.

The only thing that needs to stay are the Warlock buffs and the d1.

For those of you spitting on your monitors, realize that his d1 is NOT a get out of pressure free card. At +6, the only real follow up you have is b3, and there's about four frames you could armor that.

Now, he could do d1 on hit and then backdash. Thankfully, there are many ways you can blow up backdashes.

The d1 doesn't immediately make life easy for Quan. He can still be presdured. In fact, you could bait it, walk back and whiff punish.

Anyway, get rid of this crap and let us keep our d1, please.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

whats different about this and njp low bat setups besides damage?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

This also needs removal.

For those of you spitting on your monitors, realize that his d1 is NOT a get out of pressure free card. At +6, the only real follow up you have is b3, and there's about four frames you could armor that.

Now, he could do d1 on hit and then backdash. Thankfully, there are many ways you can blow up backdashes.

The d1 doesn't immediately make life easy for Quan. He can still be presdured. In fact, you could bait it, walk back and whiff punish.

the d1 buff is way better than this charged b2 nonsense.

Rude

whats different about this and njp low bat setups besides damage?
It's another mix up on top of the pseudo unblockable, the NJP set ups, the guess after f21 on hit, doing cross over into low bat, etc.

Too many options and ways to mix this up to where the opponent will never react and guess to all of it.

Plus off of the pop-up, you can get 40% for a bar at least.

Rude

the d1 buff is way better than this charged b2 nonsense.

There ate a lot of ways you can deal with the d1. Even on hit, it doesn't guarantee that you're out. Both players need to make reads, Quan just has a chance now, that's all.

E

Eldriken

this is a slight buff that makes little difference to the way Quan is played. It may do slightly more damage than the njp setup but it is essentially the same mixup. perhaps it may help his neutral some n

Leave it to @Hollywood DMS to be condescending for the dumbest reason and throw a hissy fit about something this small when he mains CASSIE.

get outta here.
The patch has been out for less than 24 hours. Now's not the time to just brush something off before people really have time to figure shit out. Haven't we all seen what happens when this gets said? M2Dave's abysmal Tremor thread ought to ring a bell...

Now, does this mean something WILL come of this that's really stupid? Not necessarily. But until more time is put into it, who knows? Ya'll need to chill with this shit.

So that glitch in Sorcerer that Quan had where he could put two armored runes on the ground wasn't fixed right? I could see the charged back+2 being useful in that instance.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

This also needs removal.

Exactly, what @AK L0rdoftheFLY said. Even if they remive the launching B2 he will still have his pseudo-unblockables.

Get rid of his pseudo-unblockable or make his D1 shit again, as simple as that.

D1 being +6 on hit is not so bad... He can frame trap with that advantage or bait armor. He definitely has one o the best pokes in the game now. And the "whif punishing pokes" is an universal thing, not just against Quan. Except for a few characters.

Rude

Exactly, what @AK L0rdoftheFLY said. Even if they remive the launching B2 he will still have his pseudo-unblockables.

Get rid of his pseudo-unblockable or make his D1 shit again, as simple as that.

D1 being +6 on hit is not so bad... He can frame trap with that advantage or bait armor. He definitely has one o the best pokes in the game now. And the "whif punishing pokes" is an universal thing, not just against Quan. Except for a few characters.
I have no issues with the pseudo unblockable or these charged pop ups going.

I don't even want Bat Spark as a combo starter from full screen.

I'd like to keep the d1.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Leave it to @Hollywood DMS to be condescending for the dumbest reason and throw a hissy fit about something this small when he mains CASSIE.

get outta here.
You mean like your entire existence on this forum? Don't get me started. And please, show everyone where I've downplayed my character that I've been saying is top 3 since June. Continue to embarrass yourself.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
So a rushdown character like Tremor needs to have the worst defense in the game while a character with a huge damage vortex and the best zoing by far needs a 6 frame d1 while Tremor isn't allowed to keep a mid starter? Fuck this change has no logic at all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
People keep complaining about this Charged B2 but, when the hell are you ever getting hit by this? Yeah he can do this when you're tranced and............you can easily block the mixup because the bat hits first & theirs a large enough gap to quickly block the OH. This is seriously the most pointless thing to complain about.
I guarantee you would get hit by this alllllllllll day when done right

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
We need to kill this character. All tech needs to be for Rich Homie. Make the MU knowledge so great its a 8-2 just cause you've been lobbing. I so free to Quan already....fuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk my life.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I would love to know the process for hoiw these buffs are being dolled out.

Sonya can't have her safe reload combo in the corner yet this bold headed pervert gets another way to combo in vortex on top of zoning and now a tool to get out of pressure?

What's next? He gets and fadc into X-ray? Why the hell not.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The patch has been out for less than 24 hours. Now's not the time to just brush something off before people really have time to figure shit out. Haven't we all seen what happens when this gets said? M2Dave's abysmal Tremor thread ought to ring a bell...

Now, does this mean something WILL come of this that's really stupid? Not necessarily. But until more time is put into it, who knows? Ya'll need to chill with this shit.
I agree with what your saying. The whole premise of this thread is the other extreme of what M2Dave's "abysmal" thread was about. My point is this...Quan has so much shit that is scarier than this that this to me seems meh. Yea it may work but it won't work any better or worse than what he already has which is the same situation. Its pointless to make this thread less than 24 hours after the patch exists. So he has another overhead low mixup whoopefucking doo.

You mean like your entire existence on this forum? Don't get me started. And please, show everyone where I've downplayed my character that I've been saying is top 3 since June. Continue to embarrass yourself.
Since MKX came out I have been the trolliest, LEAST condescending person here lol. Your constant bitching has gone on long enough and for some dumb reason, people listen to you.

I never called you a downplayer lol you are just reading things that aren't there. I'm simply pointing out how funny it is when you get mad at someone because they disagree and because they called out your shit video. I'm not embarrassed at all btw...whats next?