What's new

Question - Summoner Why Does Quan Chi Need This?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'm going to need a damn good reason for this to be in the game. The major complaint was that he couldn't get out of block pressure. Ok, great, you got a viable d1 along with most of the ridiculous block pressure in the game being removed, so why does he need a COMPLETELY SAFE ON BLOCK fully charged groundbounce that leads to a seemingly endless vortex? I don't even play the character, hence the screwups, but you can clearly see the possibilities this opens up in that short video. With this option, committing to the -50 trance is no longer necessary. Where is the risk now? Where is the balance? Before, we were told that it's ok for him to have this insane vortex because he got pressured easily. The pressure is gone, his vortex remains in tact, AND it got buffed, so now we're all screwed. Good luck justifying that.

Edit: This specific setup is easily escapable by jumping or pressing a button, however, a smart Quan will incorporate this with the standard mixup to score some big damage on people who respect them by attempting to block. Again, it's completely unnecessary.

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He doesn't.

It might've been cool if he used the Green hands in Warlock to do a 6 frame d1, but for all variations? NRS pls.

I'm going to need a damn good reason for this to be in the game. The major complaint was that he couldn't get out of block pressure. Ok, great, you got a viable d1 along with most of the ridiculous block pressure in the game being removed, so why does he need a COMPLETELY SAFE fully charged groundbounce that leads to a seemingly endless vortex? I don't even play the character, hence the screwups, but you can clearly see the possibilities this opens up in that short video. Where is the risk now? Where is the balance? Before, we were told that it's ok for him to have this insane vortex because he got pressured easily. The pressure is gone, his vortex remains, AND it got buffed, so now we're all screwed. Good luck justifying that.
WTF is this video about?!? You are doing b2 charged overhead into a Rising Demon which is a MID. You are not doing any mix ups in what you are calling a vortex)))) again WTF dude. Do you have any idea how Quan's vortex actually works?!?

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
This is part of the reason why I'm fairly certain this guy is #1 in the game, and quite possibly OP as a 6f D1 for him is ridiculous, honestly I'd rather him have this than the 6f D1 lol

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
WTF is this video about?!? You are doing b2 charged overhead into a Rising Demon which is a MID. You are not doing any mix ups in what you are calling a vortex)))) again WTF dude. Do you have any idea how Quan's vortex actually works?!?
Did you not read the part about the obvious scewups? Low demon/B2 is the mixup. Everyone knows that. I had an execution error that was CLEARLY mentioned in the OP. Try to keep up.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Lol and you don't notice that the charged b2 is launching now? Smh he no longer needs a bar to launch you or to commit to the unsafe trance.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The charged b2 is not going to be winning anybody any majors any time soon. The d1 is a mid. More Quan hate is always needed though I suppose...
Dink already posted new combos that give him igher damage off the b2, which is what DMS was trying to explain I think. I was of the opinion Quan was ok before but they overbuffed him big time and you have to be truly delusional to suggest otherwise.

Did you not read the part about the obvious scewups? Low demon to B2 is the mixup. Everyone knows that. I had an execution error that was CLEARLY mentioned in the OP. Try to keep up.
As I had stated earlier charged b2 does the same thing NJP does in the low bat/ NJP set up. This buff isn't breaking anything. His new d1 is another story.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I'm going to need a damn good reason for this to be in the game. The major complaint was that he couldn't get out of block pressure. Ok, great, you got a viable d1 along with most of the ridiculous block pressure in the game being removed, so why does he need a COMPLETELY SAFE fully charged groundbounce that leads to a seemingly endless vortex? I don't even play the character, hence the screwups, but you can clearly see the possibilities this opens up in that short video. Where is the risk now? Where is the balance? Before, we were told that it's ok for him to have this insane vortex because he got pressured easily. The pressure is gone, his vortex remains, AND it got buffed, so now we're all screwed. Good luck justifying that.
Because it makes you salty

Lol and you don't notice that the charged b2 is launching now? Smh he no longer needs a bar to launch you or to commit to the unsafe trance.
I see that, but charged b2 does the same thing NJP does, and in the video above he doesn't do the low bat to create a mix up between his low and overhead, he just does charged overhead with a MID Rising bat, both are blocked standing. That is why I am asking. WTF is this video doing here?

haketh

Noob
People keep complaining about this Charged B2 but, when the hell are you ever getting hit by this? Yeah he can do this when you're tranced and............you can easily block the mixup because the bat hits first & theirs a large enough gap to quickly block the OH. This is seriously the most pointless thing to complain about.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
I see that, but charged b2 does the same thing NJP does, and in the video above he doesn't do the low bat to create a mix up between his low and overhead, he just does charged overhead with a MID Rising bat, both are blocked standing. That is why I am asking. WTF is this video doing here?
Ahhhh I see, I assumed the video was just showing how the b2 worked now. I ignored the execution errors because he got the main point of the b2 across.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
People keep complaining about this Charged B2 but, when the hell are you ever getting hit by this? Yeah he can do this when you're tranced and............you can easily block the mixup because the bat hits first & theirs a large enough gap to quickly block the OH. This is seriously the most pointless thing to complain about.
correct...I have hit a few ppl with charged b2 completely by accident pre-patch, it was also just an input error. I don't see this changing much post patch unless my opponent is asleep at the controls