What's new

Question - Summoner Why Does Quan Chi Need This?

Solignac

Noob
I think they did it so charged b2 would actually be a move that quan players used. It's a cool fakeout that takes forever but is actually useful now with the juggle. Give it some time, I'm sure people will adapt and understand quickly to playing against it being used more often. You can make a sandwich and come back with that move still on startup.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
He doesn't.

It might've been cool if he used the Green hands in Warlock to do a 6 frame d1, but for all variations? NRS pls.
You know, I was thinking the same thing for a while, except he would poke you backwards through a portal or something.

Kinda too late now though, every time a new move has been added, it's been from an animation already in the game.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Funny part is, you can actually get some seriously solid damage that's pretty easy to do with an NJP, 4 whatever combo back into the reset after the overhead.
Right, NJP does do great damage. I just did something quick for the sake of demonstration. If I really put some time into this I'm sure I could find some jacked up combos, but that just goes to show how scary this is from a bare bones standpoint.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It being 6000 start-up frames doesn't mean shit when he can throw a low bat 1F before or after the B2 hits. You can react to the overhead but you cannot react to the mix-up. Stop bein delusional people. Anyone who thinks Quan is not top 2 after this patch needs Jesus.
Sure he needed a good poke to handle pressure IN EXCHANGE of his near unblockable. But he has everything now.

Or you should learn how to read. It was explained in the OP and my response to you. Now you have no excuse for remaining ignorant.
Chill out! I was just pointing out that if you can't even show correctly the set up you were going to whine about why not just write about it without a video.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
It being 6000 start-up frames doesn't mean shit when he can throw a low bat 1F before or after the B2 hits. You can react to the overhead but you cannot react to the mix-up. Stop bein delusional people. Anyone who thinks Quan is not top 2 after this patch needs Jesus.
Sure he needed a good poke to handle pressure IN EXCHANGE of his near unblockable. But he has everything now.
You need to stop upplaying. As we have already heard, this is useless. Quan won't be viable until his Tele starts up in 8 frames and launches for full combo.