What's new

Question - Kitana Why do I keep hearing Kitana is not that good?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
She deserved it. She can throw her fans so fast and get dmg off a single fan that catches you in the air. Yes I know not to jump but you stil see pro's get hit by it all the time. Kitana can jump all over you and it's hard to stop her.
Goddamn bruh. Literally listen to me.

Pick Kung Lao. DUCK the fucking fans and let her jump two to three character lengths from you. SPIN SPIN SPIN!
Pick Jax. DUCK the fuck fans and SUPERMAN PUNCH SUPAH PUNCH ELPUNCHOMOJO! The match is now in your favor cause her wake-up options are trash outside of Mournful. Run up and block, if you get the whiff/block wake-up attempt...WHOOOOAHHHHHH!!!!!
REST OF THE FUCKING CAST. DUCK THE FUCKING FANS! AND ANTI-AIRS! IF THEY LAUNCH!!!EVVVVVEEENNNNN BEEETER!

You can use footsies. Right. OH SHIT here comes that one overhead she has..I BETTER FUCKIN 11 COMBO STARTER THAT SHIT! IF NOT I CAN JUST BLOCK LOW!

#NerfKitana

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
They can try, I'd love to see their arguments lol

Yes, he has run cancels, although, you can play that variation without any problem without doing those cancels. The cancels he has are like an extra set of tools he didn't really need after all the good stuff he has. Such a simple character. Obviously, always keeping in mind the original subject, "braindead". Obviously he can become heavy on execution, but it's not a must like on the case of Cage and D'Vorah.
A braindead character is a character who is too good and doesn't require any skill/thought to play it. Kabal was the most broken character in any NRS game, no one can come close to his level, but no one can accuse him of being braindead because of his heavy execution. So no offense, but if you seriously think Heavy Weapons doesn't require thinking, then you might be playing it at the lowest level possible.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Bojutsu Kung Jin complaints in September 2015.......
No disrespect. But that bow man. It's not even a bad MU for Mournful cause you cant hit what you cant get to, but shit..thats a mean ass bow that leads in a nice chuck of damn, and control of two character lengths. Unsafe yet safe moves, onlin...blah. He's easy and braindead, you know..it's a Love 'em, Glaive 'em kinda relationship.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
A braindead character is a character who is too good and doesn't require any skill/thought to play it. Kabal was the most broken character in any NRS game, no one can come close to his level, but no one can accuse him of being braindead because of his heavy execution. So no offense, but if you seriously think Heavy Weapons doesn't require thinking, then you might be playing it at the lowest level possible.
Well yeah, I don't main him. My point is though, that Kabal required you to do all his heavy execution stuff because without it he was nothing. When it comes to Jax, I assure you, anyone can master him and play a really high level without the need of his cancels. Of course, when using cancels it's a different story, but cancels are just another gimmick. Going back to Kung Jin, he's so easy, but Jax has faster mix ups than him, and even more damage, yet he's not called braindead. And I mean, going all the way without even using his cancels.

Let me just clarify though, I know exactly what some of you mean by him being a heavy execution character. He is, but he doesn't have to be.

Hades

Noob
even without the run cancels his combos mid screen are 10x harder than bojutsu. If you can get his exbf2 (hold down) combos 10/10 times when you've just picked up mk x i'll be surprised. bojutsu combo's can be done with your eyes closed.

And before you say 'you don't need the run cancels' are you trying to say his zoning is broke or something? Because his combos are not basic in any of his variations. At least not bojutsu levels. Or if it's his pressure you think is braindead i don't know what to tell you. You make a read and get out. Jax is not braindead by any stretch though. You have to think about which tool your going to use next and constantly make reads to continue this pressure.

Kung jin however either does a 50/50 if they come close into easy combos or njp when theyre far away. Not discrediting kung jin players or anything just his game is basic. Its the same with Liu Kang from Mk 9. You can be good with them, but their game is pretty straightforward

Well yeah, I don't main him. My point is though, that Kabal required you to do all his heavy execution stuff because without it he was nothing. When it comes to Jax, I assure you, anyone can master him and play a really high level without the need of his cancels. Of course, when using cancels it's a different story, but cancels are just another gimmick. Going back to Kung Jin, he's so easy, but Jax has faster mix ups than him, and even more damage, yet he's not called braindead. And I mean, going all the way without even using his cancels.

Let me just clarify though, I know exactly what some of you mean by him being a heavy execution character. He is, but he doesn't have to be.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I personally think she's weak, but it's in large part due to my favorite variation. I think something needs to happen to Assassin, it just doesn't work as well as Mournful or Royal Storm; and it makes me sad.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Name a more brain-dead variation than Bojutsu...
Okay

Boneshaper cuz hell sparks keeps people out easily. No vortex anymore but still laughably easy
Kobu Jitsu cuz you use like 3 buttons
HQT cuz as long as you know how to shoot plasma you win
Outlaw cuz its like Marksman without the cancels but with the 21122

Dragon Naginata is probably the only semi hard variation to use in terms of execution.

What makes Bojutsu easy? 2nd best NJP? The pop-up specials? I don't see how any of this matters when characters have full screen control and vortex that does mid 30s damage, a projectile that holds the opponent in the air so you can run in and full combo into 30%, characters with 6 frame pop-up wake up leading to a vortex, characters that can have 2 delaying drone projectiles that keep the character honest full screen to zone them, so-on..

You have got to get with the times. Bojutsu is easy but so is 95% of the cast. Shaolin is my favorite variation and offers the most even with Bojutsu pre-patch damage.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
royal storm can zone people because of the reflect.
Assasin sucks. If one character has a better projectile than the fan (HW 7% air gun, Kung Lao mid hat throw, Johnny downward forceball, Liu Kang and Mileena low projectiles, Quan chi Predator....) OR they got a small lifelead, he/she can sit fullscreen throw stuffs at her and win

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Okay

Boneshaper cuz hell sparks keeps people out easily. No vortex anymore but still laughably easy
Kobu Jitsu cuz you use like 3 buttons
HQT cuz as long as you know how to shoot plasma you win
Outlaw cuz its like Marksman without the cancels but with the 21122

Dragon Naginata is probably the only semi hard variation to use in terms of execution.

What makes Bojutsu easy? 2nd best NJP? The pop-up specials? I don't see how any of this matters when characters have full screen control and vortex that does mid 30s damage, a projectile that holds the opponent in the air so you can run in and full combo into 30%, characters with 6 frame pop-up wake up leading to a vortex, characters that can have 2 delaying drone projectiles that keep the character honest full screen to zone them, so-on..

You have got to get with the times. Bojutsu is easy but so is 95% of the cast. Shaolin is my favorite variation and offers the most even with Bojutsu pre-patch damage.
If you play either of the other variations, then fine.

I practiced Bojutsu for 10 minutes (and by practice, I mean look at his move list and just immediately do it - then, figure how things link together because it was so friggin' simple) and could perform just about any combo I had seen anyone do and I was relatively new. Also, I could get to his optimal damage from a low or overhead - and both were pretty much unreactable. Then, I hopped online and ran through opponents before I dropped him, disgusted. Then, they supposedly nerfed his damage, so I tried him again. He had lost a few points of damage, but the combos were even easier. It was like they took out any and all strictness of timing, making it so I could extend combos even further - getting back to the same damage that everyone says was nerfed...

Last edited:

Airvidal

even without the run cancels his combos mid screen are 10x harder than bojutsu. If you can get his exbf2 (hold down) combos 10/10 times when you've just picked up mk x i'll be surprised. bojutsu combo's can be done with your eyes closed.

And before you say 'you don't need the run cancels' are you trying to say his zoning is broke or something? Because his combos are not basic in any of his variations. At least not bojutsu levels. Or if it's his pressure you think is braindead i don't know what to tell you. You make a read and get out. Jax is not braindead by any stretch though. You have to think about which tool your going to use next and constantly make reads to continue this pressure.

Kung jin however either does a 50/50 if they come close into easy combos or njp when theyre far away. Not discrediting kung jin players or anything just his game is basic. Its the same with Liu Kang from Mk 9. You can be good with them, but their game is pretty straightforward
How do you know Bojutsu's combos can be done with his eyes closed? If you hit his b2, 1, 4, db3 EX into b2, 1, 4, db3 combo without db3's last 2 hits whiffing 10/10 when you just first picked up the game I'd be surprised(this combo doesn't involve any jumping). Even as of now, I know you wouldn't.
Jax is as simple as b3, 4, db1 EX midscreen. No timing involved as in Jin's "easy" combo. Now, if it's in the corner, let's add the use of timing once, just like in Jin's combo. What do we get? b3, 4, db1 EX into 1, 2, 4, db1(No jumping neither). Same level of difficulty as Jin's combo, just more damage. A character with WAY faster normals than Jin, yet he's not called "braindead" having easier, faster and more damaging combos than Jin.

To top it off, Jax truly has mix ups. Jin has an OH that you could react to. People just remember Kung Jin doing a lot of damage with just a few inputs when pre-patch, and that was just a glitch lol He doesn't even come close to that anymore. They never forgot, yet they never realized lol

Now, let's move onto his gameplay, 1, 1 is plus 2, only 6 frames start up. You gotta respect it 'cause after that comes the over head OR another 1, 1. Or comes the 1, 2, 3 which looks so similar but it goes into a low. Or you could simply go 1,1, d3(7 frames AND neutral) then go back to 1, 1 and so on(who's gonna interrupt that when he's jab is only 6 frames?). Now tell me, why someone with so much potential need a rocket that you can cancel out of? FACIL!!!!!

GAV

How do you know Bojutsu's combos can be done with his eyes closed? If you hit his b2, 1, 4, db3 EX into b2, 1, 4, db3 combo without db3's last 2 hits whiffing 10/10 when you just first picked up the game I'd be surprised(this combo doesn't involve any jumping). Even as of now, I know you wouldn't.
Jax is as simple as b3, 4, db1 EX midscreen. No timing involved as in Jin's "easy" combo. Now, if it's in the corner, let's add the use of timing once, just like in Jin's combo. What do we get? b3, 4, db1 EX into 1, 2, 4, db1(No jumping neither). Same level of difficulty as Jin's combo, just more damage. A character with WAY faster normals than Jin, yet he's not called "braindead" having easier, faster and more damaging combos than Jin.

To top it off, Jax truly has mix ups. Jin has an OH that you could react to. People just remember Kung Jin doing a lot of damage with just a few inputs when pre-patch, and that was just a glitch lol He doesn't even come close to that anymore. They never forgot, yet they never realized lol

Now, let's move onto his gameplay, 1, 1 is plus 2, only 6 frames start up. You gotta respect it 'cause after that comes the over head OR another 1, 1. Or comes the 1, 2, 3 which looks so similar but it goes into a low. Or you could simply go 1,1, d3(7 frames AND neutral) then go back to 1, 1 and so on(who's gonna interrupt that when he's jab is only 6 frames?). Now tell me, why someone with so much potential need a rocket that you can cancel out of? FACIL!!!!!
I can do everything Bojutsu has with very little practice. I played Jax for a while and still can't do the ish I saw Hitbox Tyrant doing with him.

Now, even without playing him optimally - Jax is still good, but in no way is the execution of his moves easy. Those cancel windows are really, really abrupt making the timing really strict. If I would have stayed with him, I might have it down - but that's a might and that would have been after months of practice.

Airvidal

I can do everything Bojutsu has with very little practice. I played Jax for a while and still can't do the ish I saw Hitbox Tyrant doing with him.

Now, even without playing him optimally - Jax is still good, but in no way is the execution of his moves easy. Those cancel windows are really, really abrupt making the timing really strict. If I would have stayed with him, I might have it down - but that's a might and that would have been after months of practice.
Tempts me to play your Kung Jin and see for myself lol :)

GAV

Tempts me to play your Kung Jin and see for myself lol :)
Playing him disgusts me, but its not like I would need to practice. I would just need a few minutes to look over his move list.

What I don't understand is how is playing a character this easy fulfills anyone. It turns MKX into Karate Champ with armor.

XxDark_

Noob
the term "brain dead" gets thrown around so often. gtfo with that. im sure a good percentage of players classify characters as "brain dead" once they get they ass mopped by that certain character on multiple occasions.

GAV

the term "brain dead" gets thrown around so often. gtfo with that. im sure a good percentage of players classify characters as "brain dead" once they get they ass mopped by that certain character on multiple occasions.
I don't classify characters that give me trouble as brain-dead. I classify characters that I can punch above my weight class with little to no practice as brain-dead.

I seek out players I can't beat. Then, I will play them until I or they have somewhere to be, they tire of kicking my teeth in, or I turn the tables on them.

I improve by trying to turn the tables. The struggle is real, but I love it.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Playing him disgusts me, but its not like I would need to practice. I would just need a few minutes to look over his move list.

What I don't understand is how is playing a character this easy fulfills anyone. It turns MKX into Karate Champ with armor.
I would play the Hell out of Karate Champ with armor.

... I miss Karate Champ. Anyone have a link to a way to get it on PC?

Airvidal

If you play the easy way, yes, I agree, but he has some nice looking combos that aren't that easy to get done, that's when it gets fun. Basically, optimize him and see the difference. Plues the easy way is soooo punishable.
Ah, it's a Kung Lao player