What's new

Question - Kitana Why do I keep hearing Kitana is not that good?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Kitana is an alright character. I've been playing her since the beginning and she's the kind of characters in which you have to completely outplay your opponent to win. But let's say you and your opponent are on the same skill level but your opponent is using a better tier, you'll most likely lose that match. Also, her zoning is nothing out of this world, those that lose to it is 'cause of a lack of match-up knowledge(just the reason why SonicFox has won with her at tournaments so far).

I'll tell you one thing though, despite all her weird, bad hitboxes, she's really fun to play.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Kitana is mid-tier her damage was ridiculous. I'm happy they nerfed it down to pre-patch Bojutsu damage cuz apparently that's fair now

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Well I play Jax and it is not fun for him because well online and I like to jump in a lot so it's my fault but heavy weapons has nice tools to stop her zoning so maybe you...should pick up Jax:DOGE

I agree. And i understand, completely, to a point.

When i play a good kat player, she's really respectable. Infact some of the combos are nice and the fans aren't used more then 40% of the actual game.

I'm giving a opinion these mother fuckers on here get butt hurt as hell, when someone disagrees with them.
The only person in this entire thread that seems "butthurt" is you. People here tend to disagree with casual mentality. This site is specifically dedicated to high level play which includes but is not limited to zoning. Getting zoned out is your problem, not the other player's.

*throws fans repeatadly to watch your head pop*

Also, I assure you that iaf take way more skill than anything you can do as KL.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Kitana is mid-tier her damage was ridiculous. I'm happy they nerfed it down to pre-patch Bojutsu damage cuz apparently that's fair now
Bojutsu should do no damage since you need absolutely no skill in execution.

Name a more brain-dead variation than Bojutsu...

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
The only person in this entire thread that seems "butthurt" is you. People here tend to disagree with casual mentality. This site is specifically dedicated to high level play which includes but is not limited to zoning. Getting zoned out is your problem, not the other player's.

*throws fans repeatadly to watch your head pop*

Also, I assure you that iaf take way more skill than anything you can do as KL.
I was so gonna agree with you. But I cant get that 1121blahblah with Lao for shit.
@DDTECH Someone should introduce you to the unduckable Glaive storm. If fans are bad that shit will blow your mind. Also let me ask this: When you actually get in on Kitana should you block high or low?

Also if your Lao and you've eaten one of her Float njp's...shame the fuck on you.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I was so gonna agree with you. But I cant get that 1121blahblah with Lao for shit.
@DDTECH Someone should introduce you to the unduckable Glaive storm. If fans are bad that shit will blow your mind. Also let me ask this: When you actually get in on Kitana should you block high or low?

Also if your Lao and you've eaten one of her Float njp's...shame the fuck on you.
Do 11 slide your fingers for 212

Oh good point lmfao. No normal string should be that damn hard! I nearly opened up my PS4 and cracked the game when I was first learning him.

Wut

Liu. Blood/Sun God Kotal and GM Sub for sure are tough, and easy characters to play

I believe others do as well but not too badly or they are mostly just theory at this point so I don't care to argue them
As Liu I can pretty much always outzone her. When my iafb are on point I can even outzone her in mournful as tricky as that is . Up close? Forget about it. She doesn't stand a chance.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Wut

Liu. Blood/Sun God Kotal and GM Sub for sure are tough, and easy characters to play

I believe others do as well but not too badly or they are mostly just theory at this point so I don't care to argue them
Lol. Its funny most of those MU get turned even in Mournful's case. GM Sub~Instant Air ExGlaive son.

Airvidal

Bojutsu should do no damage since you need absolutely no skill in execution.

Name a more brain-dead variation than Bojutsu...
Jax Heavy Weapons, Scorpion Inferno, Shinnok BS.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Have you ever tried playing Heavy Weapons?
I have, many times. Jax himself is an execution heavy character, which is why you don't see many Jax players at tournaments. And Heavy Weapons has run cancels, and IMO none of the characters that have this kind of cancels can be braindead, which include D'vorah, Cage and Liu.

Last edited:

Airvidal

Your about to get blown up, remove HW Jax quickly. QUICKLY I TELL YOU!!!
They can try, I'd love to see their arguments lol
I have, many times. Jax himself is an execution heavy character, which is why you don't see many Jax players at tournaments. And Heavy Weapons has run cancels, and IMO none of the characters that have this kind of cancels can be braindead, which include D'vorah, Cage and Liu.
Yes, he has run cancels, although, you can play that variation without any problem without doing those cancels. The cancels he has are like an extra set of tools he didn't really need after all the good stuff he has. Such a simple character. Obviously, always keeping in mind the original subject, "braindead". Obviously he can become heavy on execution, but it's not a must like on the case of Cage and D'Vorah.

Hades

Noob
When you've just picked up the game doing a run cancel isn't easy... Scorpion and Jax aren't brain dead they have a lot more execution than heaps of characters. Bone shaper is the only one I could agree with but that variation and bojutsu I'd put on equal terms

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
When you've just picked up the game doing a run cancel isn't easy... Scorpion and Jax aren't brain dead they have a lot more execution than heaps of characters. Bone shaper is the only one I could agree with but that variation and bojutsu I'd put on equal terms
At least you need eyes and thumbs with BS. I could close my eyes and combo with my feet in Bojutsu.

So, if you play Bojutsu - I'll let Mickie finish...

She deserved it. She can throw her fans so fast and get dmg off a single fan that catches you in the air. Yes I know not to jump but you stil see pro's get hit by it all the time. Kitana can jump all over you and it's hard to stop her.

Reactions: GAV